Chapter 5

Rin Silverhands

JR’s POV

She had already had the idea of us doing it before she told us about the challenge. She was always a few steps ahead of us. I smiled to myself. That girl is trouble. But I like trouble.

“Don’t worry; I’m sure we’ll do fine. And even if we lose, I’m sure JR won’t mind a comforting cuddle from Rin.” Ren grinned.

“Shut up!” I hissed, the tips of my ears and my cheeks going red to confirm what he said. The two other boys turned to me, gaping. Oh s***. Oh s***. Oh s***. God let me live through this not too badly scathed!

“SHIIIIIIIT!!!!” My scream was muffled as they jumped on me, ruffling my hair, pinching my cheeks, the usual ‘let’s torture JR’ routine. I managed to slip out of there and restore order to my clothes and hair.

Minhyun pretended to sniff and wipe away a fake tear. “They grow up so fast!”

Aron smirked. “I should’ve known by the way you’ve been looking at her and treating her.”

I wasn’t that obvious. Was I?!? I certainly hoped I wasn’t otherwise living with Rin was going to get so damn awkward. We joked around and relaxed for a while; eventually a very tired looking Rin and Baekho came back in.

Her face was flushed and her hair slightly out of its ponytail. She still looked amazing. Ren put on a movie and the four other guys lay on the floor to watch it. Rin and I relaxed on the couch.

“Is it alright if I lean on you?” She whispered to me so the others wouldn’t hear.

“Sure.” I replied.

She swung her legs up and snuggled against me, being surprisingly comfortable with touching me. Eventually I gently slid my arm around her so I was lying down more and she was using me as a pillow/bed. Eventually I felt her breath slow down and become evenly paced. She was asleep. I gently brushed her fringe out of her face, making sure I didn’t wake her.

The movie ended and the guys started to pack up.

“Help!” I muttered to them. “What do I do?”

Ren rolled his eyes with a sigh. “Babo! Gently carry her bridal-style to her room.”

I slid her into my arms; she weighed so little I was surprised she even ate. She was like a doll in my arms. I walked into the twins’ room and held her one-handed, somehow managing to pull her blankets back before placing her down. I gently touched my lips to her forehead and her arms slid around my neck.

“Stay,” she muttered. Suddenly her eyes flew open and we stared at each other, blinking in shock.

I tried a nervous smile. “You fell asleep so I carried you here. Sweet dreams, Rin.”

She muffled her yawn. “You too, Jonghyun.” My smile grew and I left the room, seeing the boys in the hallway smirking at me.

“It’s like a freaking romance novel!” Aron pretended to throw up. I punched his arm gently.

Ren stopped us from going any further and we all went to bed.

 

Rin’s POV

I must’ve been tired to let him carry me here and kiss me on the forehead. Or I didn’t mind it. Or I even liked it. Aish, I was definitely going soft! Before Ren came in I managed to change into a t-shirt and shorts. I left my hair up in its almost-permanent ponytail.

I pretended to be asleep when Ren came in. “Rin. I’m not stupid, I know you’re awake. Did you enjoy the goodnight kiss?” He asked.

“Toejora!” I told him to go to hell and threw a spare pillow at where I assumed his face to be.

A muffled “oof” told me I’d hit my mark.

“If you tell him, you sign yourself up for my torture session.” I added. “Sleep well.”

I soon went to sleep, but even as I slept my mind was active, thinking about my feelings for JR. Feelings? Yes, definitely feelings. I woke early-ish and grabbed anything I’d need in the shower before going in there. While I was in there I dried my hair too and left it out, I’d left my hair tie in my room. I heard the others up and in the kitchen/lounge area.

“Rin?!” A voice said from in front of me. JR sounded surprised. “I’ve never seen you with your hair down. It looks nice.”

“Thanks.” I replied, he followed me to my and Ren’s room. I went to tie my hair up but a hand stopped mine and took away the hair tie.

“You should leave it down, Rin; you look really nice like that.” I looked in the mirror and saw him smiling. I forced myself not to blush.

I sighed and turned around. “Alright, now go so I can change.” He left and I put on my uniform.

I brushed my hair and left it out, it was dead straight naturally. I ringed my eyes in eyeliner and added grey eyeshadow. I was pretty much ready so I went out to see the others. JR was talking but when he saw me he stopped mid-sentence. All five guys stared at me.

“Omo, you left your hair out for once.” Ren gasped.

“Thanks Sherlock. I think I noticed that.” I rolled my eyes.

The boys just laughed so I hit them over the head with my fan. They were once more wary of me again.