Chapter 9

Rin Silverhands

JR’s POV

Oh my god I wanted to kiss her so badly when she tackled me against the tree. But I settled for a very close hug. Even that was bad for me, her hair smelt of cinnamon and her skin of vanilla. She was so small and vulnerable-seeming against me but fitted perfectly.

We made our way back, grinning in victory when suddenly I felt Rin stiffen and cry out, falling back. The other team was in front of us so I knew it was none of them.

I caught Rin in my arms and was horrified to see blood coming from her chest. I forced myself to stay calm. “Rin! Can you hear me? It’ll be fine!” I gasped out as I laid her on the ground.

Ren was already calling an ambulance.

She moved ; I leant closer to hear her. “Minya…call me…Minya.”

Her eyes fell shut and I choked back a sob. I tore open her tank top and pulled my shirt off, ripping it in half and trying to stem the flow of blood. Slowly the flow stopped but Rin—Minya—was incredibly pale, her lips blue. No colour filled her cheeks. I was shocked to find I was crying, but I was.

Ren took over for me, his face set grimly. I felt for a pulse and found one but it was faint.

“She’s alive, barely, but she is for now.” I said, my voice shaking.

Ren nodded but still looked scarily worried. “I know what happened and all but why do you look like that?” I asked.

“Rin and Ren aren’t our real names. We changed them from Minya and Minki. She only would tell someone her real name if it was a fatal situation and she cared about the person a lot. The fact she told you her name is worrying.” He gulped and I paled.

I shook my head. “She’ll make it. She’s a fighter.”

An ambulance came and she was loaded into the back. Ren and I rode with her while the paramedics fussed over her. At the hospital we went as far as we could go but couldn’t go into the operating theatre. I couldn’t help but punch the wall in frustration before leaning my back against it and sliding to the floor, my knees against my chest and my head in my hands.

Ren appeared with two steaming cups. “Drink. No buts.” He said as I started to protest. “If you faint you’ll do none of us any good.”

I took a sip and found it was rather sweet tea. It was actually quite nice. He then handed me a hunk of chocolate which I nibbled on. It helped calm me down a lot. He was just like Rin when it came to knowing what was needed.

Rin…my eyes started filling at the thought of her again but I blinked back tears.

No POV

Rin was lucky how much of a fighter she was and the fact Baekho was moving then helped. The bullet only just missed her heart. But even so she was in surgery for a while and she had to get new blood, she’d lost so much. JR spent the days of Rin’s recovery at the hospital, it was still a 50% chance if her body would accept the blood or not.

The other four boys went about their lives as normally as they could, bringing JR stuff for his stay at the hospital. JR spent a lot of his time writing, no one was really sure what. On the tenth day Rin woke.

Rin’s POV

What happened to make me feel like I’d been walked over by an elephant? Ah, that’s right. I was shot while we were celebrating the victory of capture the flag. I think mother found me, time to pay her a visit.

From the beeping of machines and the few dozen needles and tubes I felt sticking out of me I realized I was in a hospital. I opened my eyes slowly, letting myself adjust to the bright light. I saw JR asleep next to me, he’d been staying with me—I guessed.

I used a button to tilt my bed into a sitting position and reached for the magazine on the table next to me. It had a pen clipped on thankfully. I flicked through to find the Sudoku page and started working through them.

Suddenly I heard a gasp and looked to find JR awake.

“Rin?!” He gasped.

I decided to . “What is Rin?”

His jaw dropped and he looked like he was about to faint.

I laughed. “Just kidding. Nice to see you awake at last, Jonghyun.”

“You had me so worried! Jeez! Don’t do that to my poor little heart.” He pouted.

“When, now or…?” I left it hanging.

He just stared at me. “Both! You almost died!” His voice shook and in his eyes I saw the emotional torment he’d been through.

“I know.” My voice was rough. “I told you my real name, and that tells me two things, the first being that I was in mortal danger and the second being that I care about you.”

“C-care…about me? In what way?” He stuttered.

I smirked. “The same way you care about me. And I found the tears falling on me quite an odd sensation.”

He blushed faintly. “Meh, you had me worried. And really?”

I rolled my eyes. “Come closer.”

He leant over me worried. My non-tubed arm went around his neck and pulled him closer. I gently brushed my lips against his. “That should explain everything necessary.”

I watched his cheeks go bright red as he grinned adorably and slid his arms around me. He took over and pressed his lips against mine. I pouted when he pulled back.

“You’re on bed rest, nothing too strenuous.”

“Lip blocker.” I frowned. “So are you my personal nurse?” I asked with a smirk.

“Aah, n-no.” He stammered.

I sighed. “Pity. Can you at least sneak in a caramel thickshake for me? I have a huge craving.”

He grinned. “Sure! Back soon; and I’ll send a nurse your way.”

I swore colourfully and glared at him. “Go!” He went. “Clever little son of a b*tch.” I muttered.

“You trained me!” He called back. I flipped his silhouette off.

Soon an incredibly fussy nurse came in and screamed for the doctor to come. I don’t think I was really supposed to be sitting, let alone doing Sudoku. Oh well, their problem.

I had most of my tubes removed, thankfully and soon JR came back with a bag. I wondered what he needed the bag for. When the bit—sorry, nurse—left, he closed the door and ped the bag, placing a nice and cold milkshake cup in my hands.

“Jonghyun, I currently love you.” I sighed after taking a sip of the caramel flavoured mixture.

He grinned and did a mini happy-dance to my amusement. “So either I’m just that amazing or you really like caramel thickshakes.” He mused.

“Both.” I shrugged.

“Okay; or both.” He reached in the bag. “You’ve got mail.”

 

AN: This is the second to last chapter :( let me know what you think!