Chapter 1

Rin Silverhands

Rin’s POV

I strode down the corridor as usual, heading for my locker. I was eyed and if I met those eyes they would quickly look away. When I had arrived at Pledis High the students soon learned to fear and respect the icy blonde girl that I was.

White-blonde hair brushed my shoulders and a fringe partially hid my dark grey, almost black, eyes. I had smooth creamy skin and pale pink, full lips. I was thin but slightly muscled and all of 165 centimetres. I saw someone next to my locker, talking animatedly with a few other boys. I recognized him instantly.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I demanded, pulling his shoulder so he faced me.

The boy identical in looks to me smiled airily. “Why hello there, Rin.”

I rolled my eyes. “Seriously, what part of ‘I never want to see any part of this family again’ don’t you get?”

“It’s not my fault I was sent here,” he shrugged.

One of the boys moved closer to me. He had black hair and the look of a badass. I had to look up well over ten centimetres to him. “How about I sent this little punk on her way?”

“Firstly, this is my turf, you don’t do anything. Secondly, the first time you touch me I will bruise you as a warning, the second time I will break whatever touches me.” I scowled.

He laughed and reached for my shoulder. Before he could comprehend it, I’d grabbed his hand and flipped him over my shoulder, leaving him breathless on the ground with a soon-to-bruise back.

“Nice to see you making friends, you always did have a way with people.” Ren sighed.

The boy I’d flipped got up with a curse. “, let’s see you try that against five of us!”

“JR, stop it! I don’t want you harming my twin sister. Rin, try to at least pretend you were brought up properly and act civil.” My brother massaged his temple as if he felt a headache coming. “Let’s go, we’ve got places to be.”

The boys followed him, JR bumping into me on purpose. I stuck my foot out and sent him sprawling. I looked down at him from my locker which I’d opened and smirked. “Oops, did you have a nice trip there? Are you going to go next fall too?”

JR’s POV

That damn brat tripped me, then mocked me using some of the oldest insults around. Salt in the wound, that’s for sure. I followed Ren and the others and winced as I straightened my back. As tiny as she was, I had to admit that the brat packed a punch.

“Who was that kid?” I heard Aron ask Ren.

He sighed before answering. “My twin sister, Rin. She ran away a few years ago. She was being abused by my mother’s boyfriend and mother didn’t do anything about it. I would’ve also run away but I felt like I wouldn’t be of any help to her. I hadn’t seen her since, until today. She has huge trust problems and even bigger touch problems, especially when it comes to males.”

Wow, she certainly had a bit of a story, I felt sorry for her until I remembered the ache in my back and wrist. “If she can defend herself like this, then how come she didn’t use it on the guy that was abusing her?” I asked. It was pretty stupid.

“She couldn’t. Not back then. I have no idea how she learnt this even. The girl I knew was soft and innocent.” He admitted.

Soft and innocent, now those were two things that the kid wasn’t.

The bell rang and we went to class, as luck would have it we were in the same class as her. In all our classes. This is going to be interesting.