Chanyeol x Eunbi [--peperokiss]

» One Shot Collection (◕‿◕✿) «

Honestly, I'm really grateful that we started writing. You make me feel really comfortable - like I can tell you anything. I really appreciate it. Even though I don't know exactly who you are, I consider you my best friend. Really, thank you for everything.
- Silence

ChanYeol smiled, reading over the letter for the fifth time that day, tracing his fingers along the neat, bubbly writing on the page. He reached for his pen, just as someone jumped on his back, squishing him between the table and the weight.

"ChanYeollie!" the voice squealed as ChanYeol snapped the book shut, "Whatcha reading?”A Tale of Two Cities'? Again? This is like the seventeenth time!"

"I like it," ChanYeol defended, sliding the book into his backpack, to slip his note in later. That's how he communicated with 'Silence', one would put a note in 'A Tale of Two Cities' and the other would respond.

"ChanYeol!" Baekhyun called, snapping the younger male out of his thoughts, "Let's go to class, yeah?"

"Oh, hmm? Yeah. Sure," he nodded, falling into step beside Baekhyun and walking down the hallway. Quickly sitting down in class, ChanYeol rested his chin on his head and scanned the class, before his eyes landed on Eunbi. She was this sweet girl in his class, and no one had ever heard her speak because she's mute. But that doesn't stop her; she signs and writes to communicate with the world around her. And, in the back of his mind, he knew Eunbi was Silence.

At the moment, she was sitting near the front of the class, teaching one of her friends how to sign better. Appa (Father), Eunbi signed, bringing her right hand away from her forehead. Her friend mimicked her, and Eunbi smiled brightly, clapping her hands.

"You like Eunbi, don't you?" Baekhyun chuckled a little.

"W-what?" Chanyeol stuttered, "N-no! Why-why would you think that?"

"Because you've been staring at her for the past 15 minutes," Baekhyun laughed, "I think you might be drooling a bit."

"S-shut up!" Chanyeol yelled, subtly wiping his chin.

"Just tell her you like her," Baekhyun urged.

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun for a couple minutes before sighing, "What if she doesn't like me back?"

Baekhyun smiled triumphantly before giving his advice, "Just go for it! You've got nothing to lose~" Chanyeol nodded as their teacher walked into the class and everyone quieted down.

~*~

Recently, I've fallen for this girl in my class. She's really sweet and cute, but I'm not sure if she likes me back. I'm really nervous about telling her how I feel, and I just needed someone to talk to about it... I'm sorry if this is burdening you...
-Listener

Eunbi's hands shook as she read the letter over again, trying to make sure that she didn't misread it. Over the months that she was writing with Listener, she had begun to develop feelings for him. Although she didn't know what Listener looked like, his personality was just so amazing and open that she just always wanted to be around him. But still, he would probably never go for a girl like her. She's not that special - she doesn't even talk. Why would a guy as amazing as him, like a girl like her? So, she should encourage him to go for it, right? So, she began writing back to him.

I really think you should go for it.

Her writing was messy, it looked forced. 

You're one of the most caring people I know. You're always so considerate and you give the best advice. The girl you like would be lucky to have you. You should definitely tell her that you like her, I'm sure she'll like you too. Hwaiting!
-Silence

She sighed, slipping the note into 'A Tale of Two Cities' and slipped it back on the bookshelf of the library, hoping for the best.

Later that week, Eunbi was walking down the hallway when someone tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped slightly and turned to face the person, only to see a geeky-looking guy standing in front of her. Who are you? she signed.

"I'm Park ChanYeol," he smiled brightly, "I'm in your homeroom class." Eunbi nodded, smiling and waving 'hello' to the taller male. "Uhm..." he blushed, "I...I wanted to tell you something..." He paused, looking at her. "I...I like you...a lot."

She gasped, her lips forming a small 'o', but no sound came out. I...I'm sorry, she signed, But...I like someone else...

"Someone...else...?" he repeated, his heart sinking, "Who?"

There's this guy... she signed hesitantly, We've been writing back and forth a lot...And...I really like him...

"'Listener'?" ChanYeol asked, his hopes picking up again.

How...How did you know that? her hands shook.

"I...I'm Listener," Chanyeol admitted, "I've been writing with you for the past few months. And since then...no, even before that...I've liked you. Will...will you go out with me?"

Eunbi didn't know how to react. She never, in a million years, thought that this would happen. She was so happy that she rushed up to Chanyeol and gave him a hug. He froze in shock for a second, before hugging her back. When she stepped back, she signed to Chanyeol, Thank you so much for everything.

"So I'll take that as a 'yes'?" Chanyeol beamed. Eunbi nodded vigorously, her hair bouncing around her smiling face. Chanyeol happily slipped Eunbi's hand into his and they walked down the hallway hand in hand.

~*~

Hi there! I'm so incredibly sorry this took me so long to write!! But I finally found a chance whilst being driven to university open houses (6 hours in a car is SO BORING)! So I really hope you enjoyed!!! >.<