Taemin x Stephanie [Choclover228]

» One Shot Collection (◕‿◕✿) «

Stephanie held her breath as her father's security ran past her hiding place in an alleyway. She's never gotten this far before. The security that her father usually assigns to her never lets her out of their sight, but they were sloppy today and she managed to slip away.

She hated the fact that her father needed for her to be constantly under surveillance. It just made her want to rebel even more. When they finished passing, Stephanie poked her head out of her hiding spot, checking both ways for any signs of them before stepping out completely.

She was tiptoeing in the opposite direction of the security, checking over her shoulder, when she bumped into someone.

"Ah!" she gasped, "I'm sorry!"

"It's okay," a male voice said lightly. His voice was sweet, with an almost child-like innocence; unique, but also strangely comforting.

She looked over at the owner of this intriguing voice, only to see a boy, about her age, with a sweet smile and large brown eyes - his hair covered in a beanie.

"Sorry," she apologized again, looking around.

"Are you lost?" he asked.

"Kinda..." she stated slowly, lying only a little, "I've been here a couple times when I was younger, but honestly I don't know it that well."

"Want a tour?" he asked, giving a cute smile, "I'm Tae, by the way."

"Stephanie," she smiled as they began walking. "So where are we going first?"

"Hmm..." he thought for a second, pausing mid-step, "How about...the produce market?"

Stephanie nodded silently, following Tae to the market, wondering if this was all a good idea. She always wondered what it would be like to live 'normally'. Now that she finally had the chance, she felt excited, but at the same time, hesitant. She was blindly trusting this stranger, following him around like a lost puppy. He could be crazy for all she knew, and yet - she wanted to trust him; to feel like she was being a normal teenage girl.

When Tae announced that they had arrived at the produce market, Stephanie looked around all the different stalls with wide, curious eyes. "Where do you wanna go first?" Tae asked.

She hummed, continuing to look around until her eyes landed on a small stand selling fresh berries. "There," she stated simply, pointing at the stall.

Tae followed her to the stall where he smiled at the ahjumma behind the stall and commented, "These all look so good!"

"Why, thank you," she smiled, "Such a polite young man. Try whatever you like."

"Thank you!" Tae smiled brightly, his eyes crinkling at the corners. Stephanie looked at all the different, brightly colored piles of berries and tapped her chin, smiling. "You look happy," Tae commented.

"My mother used to take me to a strawberry field every summer," Stephanie smiled back at the memories.

"That's sweet," he smiled, picking up a blueberry and popping it in his mouth.

She hummed and smiled, picking up one of the strawberries and taking a bite, "Ahjumma, they're really good! Can I have a box please?"

After paying and walking around for a while, Tae called, "Let's stop here!" They were standing in front of a little cafe, "This place makes the best lattes I've ever had."

"Okay," Stephanie chirped, following Tae into the cafe.

They quickly ordered their drinks and as they were walking out, a group of girls rushed in front of Tae, causing him to stop abruptly and for Stephanie to bump into his back - spilling her coffee all over herself.

"Oh my gosh!" Tae quickly apologized, "I'm so sorry! I-I'll buy you another drink!"

"I-It's fine," Stephanie said slowly, taking a deep breath, "Don't worry about it."

"Your clothes..." Tae frowned, eyeing the growing brown stain on her shirt.

"Don't-Don't mention the clothes," she said trying to remain calm.

"Come on," Tae urged, pulling her towards the restrooms, "You can have my hoodie. Go change."

Stephanie hesitantly took the hoodie out of Tae's arms and walked in the washroom. She paused once she was in a stall, weighing her options. She could stay in the dirty clothes, and drive herself crazy, or she could just take Tae's hoodie. Sighing, she took off the dirty shirt and zipped Tae hoodie up, exiting the restroom. "Thank you," she mumbled, fiddling with the edge of the hoodie's sleeve.

"No problem," he smiled, handing her a full cup of coffee, "Should we get going?"

Stephanie nodded and they walked around for a little while before a black SUV pulled up in front of them. Stephanie became really nervous; thinking for sure that it was her security detail; but when the door opened it seemed at Tae was the one they were looking for.

"Taemin-ah!" a blond boy called from the back seat, "Hurry! We're going to be late!"

"Okay Jinki-hyung!" Tae called, smiling brightly at Stephanie, quickly kissing her cheek, "Thanks for today! It was fun."

"N-no problem," Stephanie stuttered, touching her cheek where he kissed her, as Taemin ran off into the SUV. As soon as the SUV door shut, Stephanie's brain started working again. This kid's name was Tae. His hyung, Jinki, called him Taemin. In SHINee, Onew's real name was Jinki. She just spent the afternoon with SHINee's Taemin. And he kissed. her. cheek. She was still standing there in shock when another SUV pulled up behind her.

"Stephanie Ling!" the head of security boomed, "Where have you been all afternoon?!"

"...around..." she mumbled as she was pulled into the SUV and driven home.

 

~*~

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry that it took so long~~!