Eight

Reaper's Kiss

 

im sorry for the false update earlier  lulz. i've been working on my EXO collection thats why i havent been updating, but i promise i will. if you havent check out the collect please do ^^

this is a continuation of the last chap, you should reread

----------------------------------------------

 

"I can do that?"

 

"Umh," Kris nodded his head, "Okay, look."

 

Kris grabbed the remote to Tao's old and worn out TV. He pointed it at the TV, but Tao already spoke before he could hit the power button

 

"It doesn't work. I didn't pay the bill for 2 months already."

 

"Doesn't matter." Said Kris. He hovered his finger over the power button and the TV . Every channel resembled each other, nothing but grains. Kris pressed the remote to a couple of channels more and a screen of black started to emerge from the grainy television screen.

 

"If you want a quick death, then you could choose this one." Kris used the remote to point at the screen. It turned from black to a scene from a dark alley. Tao recognize that alley right away. It was the one that he walked on every day, so much that he remember every nooks and crannies, every centimeter of it. Tao saw himself on the TV screen and he somewhat broke a sweat, wondering what would happen to him. 

 

The two same robbers from last night were behind him, Tao headed for the end of the alley in a slurred motion with Kris walking slowly and quiet behind them. The two robbers argued but then one of them finally approached closer to Tao and used the gun that he had in his hand to strike Tao's head. His skull shattered because of the forced and he fell flat on the ground, blood oozed out of the opened wound. He died instantly. The two robbers ran over to snatch Tao's belongings then took off without concerning about his body.

 

Watching the TV depicting his own death, Tao shriveled into his bed and ground his teeth together, his hands curled into fits as if he felt the actual pain that he saw.

 

"Oh my god... I supposed to die last night." Tao managed to finally whispered, "Anything else?"

 

"Okay, this is an accident." Kris stated, pointed the remote at the TV once again and flipped through a couple of channels. 

 

He then stopped at a channel with a scene that took place on a crowded bus with many people and babies. Tao saw himself again, sitting contently at the last row of the bus. Suddenly, the bus shook violently. The bus driver lost control of the wheel and the whole bus tipped over, trapped the passengers inside the bus. They were seriously injured and some were dead, including Tao.

Seeing the last ray of life leaving his eyes, Tao turned almost pale like he had seen a ghost. The room slipped into an uncomfortable silence, as Kris shifted himself a little in his seat. He glanced at Tao, he was still in discomfort. Tao's body started to shaken, his vision went in and out of focus for a couple of seconds as he pulled the pillow and the blanket closer to him.

 

Kris then switched the channel to another one as the image emerged simultaneously on the screen. Tao saw himself and Kris there inside the TV. They sat on the exact same spot that that they were now sitting: the bed, in Tao’s room. Everything got really quiet and still for moment. Suddenly, Tao turned his head toward the doorway led out to his living room; a disturbed look crept on his face. He sprung right out of his seat, threw himself across the bed and ran out to the living room. Tao looked left and then looked right, he spotted his gas stove was burning up with red and orange flame. The angry flame was too strong and big, it caught on everything that was near it, even the main entrance that led outside. Left with no way to escape, Tao tried to back up and he stood by the window, tried his best to open the damn thing. Tao’s breath became shallow and as he tried to take in more oxygen, his lungs was filled with the smoke and the debris from the fire. He coughed violently. With his last breath, Tao still struggled to open the window for an escape, but it was too late. He collapsed on the floor, drowned in the fire of his own dear apartment.

 

"Another one?" Kris eagerly asked, seemed like he was having too fun depicting Tao’s death as he turned more pale than a polar bear on a winter day.

 

Receiving no response, Kris changed the channel once again and the scene shifted to Tao running in a white suit that was smeared with dirt and gray spots. Tao had a panic look on his face, he was running through an abandoned warehouse, with wire fences bounded the premises. He started to sprint, faster and faster. He stopped suddenly for reaper Sehun appeared right in front of him and blocked his way. Tao turned around and attempted to run, but he was pulled back by Sehun's invisible force. He was thrown across the field of the warehouse into the sharp and rusty fences. The pointy fences pierced right through Tao's heart. Within seconds, life already left his bloody body hanging on the rusty fence.

 

Kris turned back to Tao after the screen faded to black. He casually asked the younger boy, "And here's another..."

 

"No," Tao cut him off, "I don't want to see anymore. Turn it off." He buried his face in the pillow and stayed silent for a little bit. Kris pressed the power button on the remote and the TV turned off with a flash. Tao sprung up from the pillow and gave Kris a soft glance.

 

Tao continued to fiddle with his soft little pillow that his mom personally made it for him a few years back before he moved to Manhattan to live. She included a dozen of pillow cases and everything for him, knowing he would be too lazy to wash anything clean. As the room drifted into silence, a distinctive smell of burnt furniture entered Tao’s nostrils. He immediately picked his head up from the pillow he was hugging and left the bed without any hesitation, doubting that what he saw just now on the TV couldn’t be happening. He prayed to himself, don’t let it be real, the scenario. But to his surprised, his kitchen was really on fire and the fire was as powerful as he saw Kris depicted.  The fire rapidly spread through the whole stove and finally the counter top near that, burned almost everything that got in its way. Tao let out a loud yell. He ran quickly to his apartment entrance and back with a fire extinguisher in his hands. He pointed the tip of the extinguisher directly at the stove, which was where he guessed the fire started. He aimed and gave the handle a good squeeze and swept it back and forth like that for a good minute.