Five

Reaper's Kiss

 

"So I've been running into women a lot today, but um it's a pretty good thing that I finally met you." Kris giddily said. He faced Tao as he backwardly walked. Tao amusedly looked at Kris as he jumping up and down like a little kid. Tao couldn't deny that for as long as Kris been here, he kind of enjoys his existence, but then again they were still strangers.

 

"How lucky!" Kris clasped his hands together and exclaim.

 

"Good for you. Nothing but bad luck keeps happening to me today. I rather die."

 

"Oh?" Kris' eyes lighted up, "Then I'd be happy to tell you that I'm here to grant your wish."

 

Tao chuckled in delight. He grabbed Kris' face with his left hand and squeezed his cheeks so hard that he left his finger prints on Kris' face. Kris just stared back at Tao as he fiddled with his face. Tao then release the poor guy's face and lightly patted it.

 

"Go home to your mom kid, stop fooling around." Tao laughed

 

"Why do you keep calling me kid? How do you know that I'm younger than you?"

 

Tao pointed his finger in the other direction. He waited for Kris to look and he replied with one simple word, "Go." And he proceeded on walking. Kris picked up his pace to catch up to Tao. 

"I'm a reaper, I've been living for thousands of years already. Only the ones who near death could see me and I could make you die right here if I want." Kris firmly said.

"Reaper? Am I the drunken one or you? I seem saner than you right now."

 

"You don't believe me?"

 

"You're mental, that's what I believe."

 

Kris by now was frustrated with Tao. He turned around momentarily, he widely opened his mouth and two of his upper fangs grew from normal length, to extra long and sharp. Kris turn back around and showed Tao the fangs.

 

"This is my reaper fangs."

 

"That's nice." Tao waved his hand in the air

 

"You see, reapers like me have many powers. Like take a person's soul with just a kiss."

Tao chuckled again. He extended his index finger, and waved it in a come-here motion. Kris drew his head closer to Tao. 

 

Tao reached over to his mouth and without any mercy, he pulled Kris' fangs off. Kris winced in extreme pain for his fangs were removed by a human, an attractive human. Kris covered his mouth with his hand and groaned.

 

"Why are you so violent?" Kris eyes tear up because of the pain, but he bit down on his tongue to subside it.

 

"Beat it, kid. I'm gonna perform wushu on you if you don't leave right now."

 

Kris had no reaction toward what Tao just said. He was a reaper, he had no fear, except for his father, Xiumin. That man could take Kris' life in a split of a second. Had his mind fixed on his target, Kris kept chasing Tao no matter how hard Tao tried to shoo him away. Kris was like a lost puppy that desperately needed a shelter, but in this case, he needed a kiss.

 

The two men took a turn at a smaller alley that was only wide enough for Kris to spread his arms widely. Tao noticed Kris still following him, but he decided to ignore him, hoping he would go away after awhile. Tao approached an old wooden door at the end of the alley and drew out from his shoulder bag a key chain. For he had more than a few drinks with those men back at the night club, Tao's coordination wasn't sharp anymore. He started to see triple and his hands along with the rest of his body shook, his heart was beating fast, and it wasn't because there was an attractive boy who claimed to be a reaper wanting to kiss him, no, that wasn't it. Kris observed Tao as he clumsily shoved each of the key into the locket to test out which one is the right key to his apartment door. 

 

"You still don't believe I'm a reaper?" Kris asked

 

"I told you to go home! Stop fooling around, did you hear me??"

 

"Didn't think so."

 

"Out of all the tricks to pick gay guys up, yours is the worst so far. Now leave me alone"