Three

Reaper's Kiss

 

i've been so busy w school, i haven't been able to write much ;A; but thanks everyone for subcribing and commenting<3
 

-o0o-

Kris landed at a small and dark alley. He folded his wings in, they faded in to a light shade of gray and slowly disappeared. Kris picked up his pace and walked toward the bright street light. He had both of his hands curled up on his sides. The green compass that his father embedded in his palm now started to glow faintly. He held it up to look at it then took it eyes off as he observed the direction that the compass was showing. Kris took a left turn at the street light and took a step back, looked at the compass again. The compass color is now opaque with a deep shade of green, but it still managed to give out a radiant glow. Kris held up his head to the traffic light on top of his head. He mumbled the street name then put his fists into his pants pocket and proceeded. He looked left and right trying to find an appropriate place to go in but every time he attempted to walked into some place, it either was full of girls or ghetto thugs. Kris felt a little disappointed. He patiently walked a little more of the Manhattan street and finally his eyes lighted up like a truck's head lights.

 

"This is what I've been looking for." Kris mouthed

 

Kris walked into a night club, a gay night club. He made his way through the crowded crowd in front of the entrance and slipped lightly inside. He walked to the middle of the dance floor, hoping to find an attractive but unfortunate guy for him to take their souls. Suddenly, a person wrapped their arms around Kris' neck from the back, made him almost lost balance and fell backward on the floor. He turned around and was kind of scared of what was in front of him. A woman was about in her late 40's was grinding on him. 

 

"Hey handsome, wanna take me home tonight?" The woman said

 

"Uhhh...." Kris freaked out, but he tried hard not to. "You see me?"

 

"Of course, you're so cute, I'd be blind if I don't see you." The woman had the audacity to make a seductive wink at Kris made him jumped back a few steps.

 

"Um, I'm... sorry..." Kris stuttered as he back up into the crowd to get away from the woman.

 

"Only the one that is close to death could see you." Xiumin's words echoed in his head. Kris kept walking and nodding his head lightly. "So she's gonna die. But not by me!"

 

Kris walked passed a drinking bar surrounded with a variety range from young to middle aged men, drinking like there was no tomorrow. Behind the counter was a tall and handsome guy. His deep black hair covered almost his entire forehead. His eyes were sharp like knives, but the under eyes were puffy, made the guy look fierce but cute at the same time. He was tall, but probably not taller than Kris. Kris was the devil's son, there is no way anybody could be taller or more superior than he was. The well looking guy was hitting drinks up with those men from across the counter. He brought a tall shot glass up and chugged it down in one go then more than a couple of those men handed him a few bills of money. That process repeated as long as Kris stood there and looked at Tao, the innocent but wasted guy.

 

Tao held the dices in his palm, brought it close to his face and he whispered, "If i win, please God, let me see him again, if not, I will forget him for good." Finished his prayer, he tossed the dices across the counter. Disappointed with what he saw, he had lost. He chugged down another glass of alcohol and discretely wiped the tears down from his face. Kris, who was still looking at the young man, shook his head as said to himself, "Cry when you lost at gambling? Wow."

 

He then turned around and walked away from the drinking bar. The young bartender seemed like he heard what Kris said about him, he looked at Kris with his sharp like knives eyes and thought to himself, "That's none of your business ."

 

Kris sat outside of the bar for a moment of fresh air, for in the club was a bit too suffocating, he never went to a place like this in his entire life. The young bartender that was drinking with those men just now stepped outside of the club. He was out of his uniform and back into his usual t-shirt and jeans. His step was uncoordinated and mumbles escaped his mouth for he was extremely wasted. Tao walked to a big Romeo and Juliet musical poster from across the street and he somewhat collapsed onto it. He spread his arms as if he was embracing whoever was on the poster closer to him.

 

"Die for love? That's bull!" He quietly sobbed into the poster.

 

The young man then got himself together and started to prop himself up and fixed his clothes before he took a step toward his apartment. Kris curiosity was increasing. He stood up from the stone bench in front of the club and started to follow Tao in a far away distance. The compass on Kris' palm now lighted up again, this time with its full capacity, it glowed. 

 

The needle on the compass pointed straight at the bartender walking in front of him a few feet. Still having no idea on what was happening, Kris temporary ignored the glowing compass in his palm and continued to follow Tao.