Article ⑧

Blitz Magazine - The Sidequel

 

 

Young Mi laughed when she was done with the letter. She had expected something like this from Yunho since he always had all grounds covered, so that meant she couldn’t scare him by throwing a tantrum (she had secretly plotted about it just to get a reaction out of him) for being…Yunho-ish.

 

Oh well,’ she thought as she swiftly folded the letter into a heart shape and dropped it into her purse, ‘I wish he were here now so I can disturb him about its content…’

 

Yunho had gone abroad to ‘celebrate’ the New York branch’s first anniversary (he’s just going to go congratulate Changmin on a job well done, talk to a few shareholders and escape) and would only be back in 3 days.

 

In the meantime, Young Mi was churning out articles at a breakneck pace while Kyuhyun typed complex functions on his keyboard with a dead bored look on his face.

 

“You could always quit,” Young Mi spoke, eyes never leaving her desktop’s screen.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll be gone pretty soon.” Kyuhyun muttered darkly and the ex-Fashion Assistant couldn’t help but detect a subtle sense of regret and sadness in his voice.

 

Young Mi finally looked at her ex-fiancé and spoke, “What do you mean by that?”

 

Kyuhyun gave her a weak smile, “Remember the time when I was about to tell you something and got interrup-”

 

“Good Fabulous Morning to the slaves of my second favourite department!” Jaejoong skipped into the office and flopped gracefully onto the seat behind Yunho’s currently vacant desk.

 

Again,” Kyuhyun gave a defeated sigh and got back to work.

 

Young Mi made a mental note to ask Kyuhyun what he was about to reveal before giving her undivided attention to the Editor-in-Chief who was now hacking using Yunho’s computer, “Good Morning, Jaejoong. What brings you here today?”

 

“My perfectly fabulous legs, of course,” and Jaejoong casually crossed them on the desk.

 

‘As expected…’ Young Mi chuckled to herself.

 

“And the fact that the magazine-blog is doing fabulously well,” Jaejoong added and the 2 department staff members had wide smiles on their faces.

 

“Really?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Yunnie sent me tons of reviews and comments from fashion forums and blog sites.” Jaejoong beamed as well, “I’ll ask the Financial Department to give you guys a pay raise.”

 

Ask?” Young Mi gaped, “I thought you always get the job done by ordering people around…”

 

Jaejoong pouted angrily while signalling for Kyuhyun to give them privacy, so the webmaster hurried out to take an unnecessary toilet break, “Yeah, yeah, I’ll overlook your tactlessness this time around because I’m in a fabulously good mood, but Yunnie got into loads of trouble with Daddy last month when Daddy Dearest suddenly decided to go through the financial statements last year.” 

 

And?” She urged.

 

“Yunnie defended me as usual, and Daddy threatened to take Blitz’s ownership away from poor Yunnie.” Jaejoong sighed, “So now I’m going to treat the money like money so Yunnie doesn’t disappoint Daddy again. I’m sure you know how touchy Yunnie is with letting people down right?”

 

Young Mi gave a small nod, “I know…”

 

“The sad thing is that Yunnie never cared for Blitz, so he doesn’t give a if he gets kicked out of the company or not.”

 

What!? I’m sure he does care, Jaejoong.”

 

“No, he protects it because Daddy told him to. He helps Blitz expand because that had always been Daddy’s dreams. You know, after Yunnie got the telling off, he had a sleepover in my room- I know, ing cute right!? I made him wear a nightgown, but let’s leave that story for another day- and he told me ‘Jaejoong, Father threatened to take Blitz’s ownership away from me’ and told me the reason for it and I promised to behave. Yunnie said he doesn’t care if Blitz belonged to him or not, because if it got taken away from him, then he could start living his own life.” Jaejoong paused as he bit his lower lip guiltily and Young Mi moved her chair next to his so she could pat his back, “Do you know how bad I felt for my Yunnie? I swear on my undying love for Louis Vuitton bags that I wanted to cry damn ing badly, but seeing my Yunnie so broken at that point in time, I had to put up a strong front for him.”

 

“Start…living…his own life…” Young Mi’s heart broke as well.

 

“You have to make Yunnie’s life here better okay?” Jaejoong grabbed onto Young Mi’s hands desperately and she had never seen him look this eager before, minus a certain few occasions where he went berserk in the office, screaming his head off about wanting to break into the LV factory to steal their limited edition goods. 

 

“I…will do my best.” Young Mi replied.

 

“Your best isn’t good enough,” Jaejoong had reverted back to his y diva mode, “I need you make it happen!”

 

Err...okay, I’ll make work life more fun for Yunho.” Young Mi stated hesitantly.

 

"ING SPEAK WITH MORE ENTHUSIASM!” Jaejoong screamed in her face.

 

“I promise.” She nodded profusely.

 

Jaejoong got up and adjusted his suit, “How do I look today?”

 

Huh?” Young Mi was caught off guard at the sudden change of topic.

 

“You must be losing touch, just a second of screaming from me and you’re already deaf,” Jaejoong sighed dramatically.

 

“No…it’s just…nevermind.” Young Mi let out a weak laugh, “Well, you look fabulous, as always.”

 

“Fabulous.” Jaejoong clapped his hands gleefully, “Today’s the 1000th day since I first started dating Kimchi, so I’m going to dump Jaejoon with you and skip work to go on a fabulous date with my fabulous wifey.”

 

Before Young Mi could say anything, Jaejoong handed his office and house keys to the gaping ex-Fashion Assistant.

 

“4 already knows about your plans?” Young Mi asked when she finally recovered from her speechlessness.

 

“She doesn’t. But I think she definitely suspected something fishy when I volunteered to spend some ‘Daddy and Son’ time today by bringing the monster to work.” Jaejoong stuck out his tongue in disgust, “Anyway, I’m going to go home to drag my Kimchi out the entire day. I’m not sure if I’m even coming to work tomorrow, so be prepared to take care of the monster for more than 24 hours. BYEEEEEEEEE!”

 

Jaejoong sped off.

 

“Oh my Gawd…” Young Mi face palmed and proceeded towards the lift lobby to babysit Jaejoon.

 


 

To: Daddy (2.21pm)

 

Jaejoong got me to babysit Jaejoon.

And I might have to do this for 2 days.

I wish you were here to help me out.

 

 

To: Young Mi (2.30pm)

 

I can almost feel your pain.

Almost.

 

 

To: Daddy (2.31pm)

 

Please show more sympathy towards me.

Oh no, Jaejoon just smashed the vase on Jaejoong’s desk!

I am going to get my pay docked and the screaming of a lifetime!

 

 

To: Young Mi (2.38pm)

 

I can feel your pain now.

Really.

 

 

To: Daddy (2.38pm)

 

You’re not helping, Daddy!

 

 

To: Young Mi (2.58pm)

 

You told me to empathise and I did.

What did I do wrong?

 

 

To: Daddy (2.59pm)

 

You were being sarcastic.

 

 

To: Young Mi (3.12pm)

 

I really did feel a tinge of pain in my heart.

But then again, you’re dealing with a baby, so I can understand if you are unknowingly taking your frustrations out on me.

 

 

To: Daddy (3.13pm)

 

Are you telling me off in a subtle way?

 

 

To: Young Mi (3.31pm)

 

And did you appreciate this approach of mine?

 

 

To: Daddy (3.32pm)

 

We better talk about something else before I lose my temper.

 

 

To: Young Mi (3.38pm)

 

Aren’t you already losing your cool?

 

 

To: Daddy (3.39pm)

 

OH MY GAWD!

YOU’RE SOOOOO ANNOYING!

 

 

To: Young Mi (4.00pm)

 

You’re welcome.

 

 

To: Daddy (4.00pm)

 

I’m going to die from a heart attack very soon.

 

 

To: Young Mi (4.23pm)

 

Would you like to be cremated or buried?

Arrangements for your ashes to be scattered from the top of Blitz’s building will be entertained as well.

 

 

To: Daddy (4.24pm)

 

I feel like killing you.

I’ll talk to you later.

Jaejoon needs a diaper change.

 

 

To: Young Mi (4.38pm)

 

You make no sense.

You claim that I annoy you and yet you still want to talk to me.

I will never be able to understand women.

 

 

To: Daddy (5.01pm)

 

Done with the diaper change.

Stop hating on women, or at least, try to tolerate me.

 

 

To: Young Mi (5.28pm)

 

I have already tied myself down by starting a relationship with you.

And I’m sure that comes along with tolerating you.

 

 

To: Daddy (5.30pm)

 

You sound like you’re regretting about becoming my boyfriend.

 

 

To: Young Mi (5.38pm)

 

Would it hurt to admit that I do feel that way to a certain extend?

 

 

To: Daddy (5.39pm)

 

Yes, it will hurt.

 

 

To: Young Mi (5.42pm)

 

It’s a surprise it’s not hurting yet.

 

 

To: Daddy (5.42pm)

 

I HATE YOU!

 

 

To: Young Mi (5.50pm)

 

The feeling is not mutual though, how regrettable.

 

 

To: Daddy (5.53pm)

 

YOU FINALLY MADE ME SMILE!

 

 

To: Young Mi (6.00pm)

 

How saddening.

 

 

To: Daddy (6.03pm)

 

Why?

 

 

To: Daddy (6.04pm)

 

OH MY GAWD!

I FORGOT YOU’RE IN NEW YORK!

YOU’VE BEEN MESSAGING ME SINCE MIDNIGHT!

It’s 4am there now right?

I’m so sorry for being so insensitive…

 

 

To: Young Mi (6.18pm)

 

Yes, it’s past 4am here now.

 

 

To: Daddy (6.20pm)

 

And you aren’t sleeping?

 

 

To: Young Mi (6.31pm)

 

Isn’t that obvious?

No, it’s not obvious to you, so: No, I’m not sleeping.

 

 

To: Daddy (6.32pm)

 

HEY!

Don’t treat me like as if I’m dumb.

 

 

To: Young Mi (6.38pm)

 

It’s funny how you could detect my sarcasm earlier but you can’t now.

No, of course you are not dumb.

I would never hire dumb people to work in Blitz.

 

 

To: Daddy (6.40pm)

 

Why am I still talking to you?

 

 

To: Young Mi (6.54pm)

 

Don't worry, I’m asking myself the same question too and I don’t have the answer either.

 

 

To: Daddy (6.56pm)

 

I’ll let you sleep now.

Talk to you later!

Good Morning!

Gosh, that sounded weird.

 

 

To: Young Mi (7.08pm)

 

I’m not sleepy.

 

 

To: Daddy (7.08pm)

 

GO AND SLEEP NOW!

 

 

To: Young Mi (7.23pm)

 

It seems your motherly instincts have been awaken by the baby.

 

 

To: Daddy (7.24pm)

 

Don’t talk about Joonie, arghhhhhh.

He keeps drooling all over me.

I thought Jaejoong was being a lousy Daddy, but now I can understand why.

Joonie even pulled out some of my hair.

 

 

To: Young Mi (7.38pm)

 

I don’t know what to say without incurring your wrath.

 

 

To: Daddy (7.40pm)

 

Just go and sleep.

Good night.

 

 

To: Young Mi (7.47pm)

 

But it’s morning here.

 

 

To: Daddy (7.47pm)

 

Good Morning.

 

 

To: Young Mi (7.58pm)

 

Now I can’t sleep at all.

 

 

To: Daddy (7.59pm)

 

WHAT!?

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!

 

 

To: Young Mi (8.12pm)

 

I came across a vintage clothing store while sightseeing earlier and I thought of you.

 

 

To: Daddy (8.14pm)

 

I just want to tell you right now that I’m blushing.

 

 

To: Young Mi (8.38pm)

 

I saw a dress that might suit you but Jaejoong told me many times that I have zero fashion sense so…

 

 

To: Daddy (8.40pm)

 

So you didn’t buy it?

That’s okay.

At least you thought of me.

FYI: Still spazzing

 

 

To: Young Mi (8.58pm)

 

I bought everything in the shop with the hope of at least one garment looking good on you.

 

 

To: Daddy (9.01pm)

 

My nose is bleeding now.

I’m not lying.

 

 

To: Young Mi (9.05pm)

 

I miss you.

But I’m lying.

 

 

To: Daddy (9.07pm)

 

Way to kill the moment.

 

 

To: Young Mi (9.12pm)

 

Did that stop the bleeding?

 

 

To: Daddy (9.12pm)

 

Yeah.

 

 

To: Young Mi (9.18pm)

 

You’re welcome.

 

 

To: Daddy (9.20pm)

 

You.

Are.

Extremely.

Annoying.

 

 

To: Young Mi (9.22pm)

 

You’re welcome.

 


 

I'll be updating Blitz Magazine soon!

So Jaejoong-Kimchi fans have something to cheer about!

 

COMMENTS, PLEASE AND THANKS!