Article ⑫

Blitz Magazine - The Sidequel

 

 

“If there is nothing else, then everyone can now be dismissed,” Yunho looked around the room.

 

Yoochun raised his hand, “I’ve got one. There’s this new Chinese social networking site that I want write to review about. It’s currently really popular amongst youths right now. It’s like Facebook made in Asia.”

 

Yunho looked at Jaejoong who was looking out of the window.

 

“Jaejoong?” Yunho raised a brow.

 

“It’s going to rain.” The Fashion Supervisor muttered.

 

“Did you even hear me, Jae?” Yoochun frowned.

 

“My ears are working fabulously and perfectly fine,” Jaejoong pouted, “Go ahead and write about it then.”

 

Yoochun beamed, “Great. Now, I need the perfect profile for my 16 year old alias to infiltrate into Gen Y.”

 

Jaejoong jerked a thumb Yunho’s way, and the Editor in Chief had to dismiss the rest of the staff members before the situation got out of hand, “Why me?”

 

“Yunho took a crash course in Mandarin back in high school, so you two can work on this article together,” Jaejoong kicked his chair aside and stomped out of the meeting room while grumbling, “ing weather, how am I supposed to carry out the ing picnic shoot now. ing clouds, ing-”

 

Yunho shook his head and looked back at Yoochun, who had already pulled out his laptop and was setting up an account on the said social networking site, “What’s your name?”

 

“You meant to ask for my name in Chinese right?”

 

“Duh.”

 

“Yun Hao.”

 

“Hao.” Yoochun used the wrong said character and Yunho winced (he had typed in ‘’ instead of ‘).

 

“That is the wrong one.”

 

“Who cares? I’m sure this will attract more people to befriend you.”

 

And Yoochun was right because 5 years later, Sumire, who was taking up Mandarin in school as her third language was looking for people to coach her in the Mandarin and had found Hao, one of the top 20 most popular users on that Chinese social networking site.

 

Thinking that this person must either be out of his mind or the prankster/joker in the class (since his name, when translated, meant ‘Good’), she decided to add him as a friend. She was happy when Hao accepted the request just an hour later. She was even happier to find out that Hao helped people on the site out with math as well.

 

That was when they started to talk to each other almost every other day because Sumire always needed help in math and someone to rant to about school. It was quite unfortunate that she revealed not so nice events that happened in school, such as punching boys in the gut for bullying girls and talking back to teachers for being too pushy with the deadlines.

 


 

“Little , use your own laptop, won’t you,” Jaejoong used his (cute) to shove Sumire off his home office’s swivel chair.

 

“My charger isn’t working anymore so my laptop’s currently out of bat, Queen .” She retaliated and sat back down on the chair.

 

“Then go buy a new one, Little .” The bipolar beauty rolled his eyes.

 

“I like using your laptop, Queen ,” Sumire stuck out her tongue.

 

Jaejoong threw his hands in the air dramatically as a sign of not wanting to fight with the 11-year-old over such minute matters and went off to (ually) harass Kimchi instead.

 

It was the weekends so Yoochun was in the apartment as well, treating Jaejoon like a pampered prince in the living room. The Creative Director had been walking around the place while carrying and cooing at the baby when he popped his head into the home office and saw Sumire smiling to herself while typing at the speed of light on Jaejoong’s laptop.

 

“Whacha doing smiling so crazily like that?” Yoochun smirked.

 

“Chatting.”

 

Ooo, with a guy?” Yoochun flashed her a sleazy smile, making the 11-year-old flush red and she immediately looked back at the screen.

 

Yoochun was now beside Sumire, hunching slightly to see who she was talking to and he almost choked on his saliva, “H-Hao!?

 

Sumire looked up at the Creative Director with wide eyes, “You know him?”

 

“Very well actually.” Yoochun chuckled, “What a small world indeed.”

 

“You make friends with youngsters?” Sumire asked.

 

Err,” it was only then that he recalled the fake profile he and Yunho had made up 5 years ago for Hao, “Sumire, you really don’t know who Hao is?”

 

“You aren’t making much sense, Uncle Yoochun.” Sumire let out an awkward laugh.

 

“Hao is…err...well...he is Yunho.”

 

Sumire raised a brow and replied flatly, “Really.”

 

“Yes, Sumire, really.”

 

Sumire’s eyes were back on the screen and she looked positively crestfallen, “I thought I was in love with Hao.”

 

Yoochun started laughing hysterically and Jaejoon decided that is was an extremely delightful sound so he tried his best to imitate the Creative Director’s laugh but unfortunately for Sumire, her shirt was splattered all over with drool.

 

“It’s a new shirt you monster! ARGH!” Sumire immediately stood up, grabbed a handful of tissues from the box on the table and tried to get the drool off her clothes.

 

Jaejoon whined and started to sob, and Sumire finally realised why Queen Bitc- opps, she meant to say Jaejoong, ‘hated’ the baby with such passion.

 

Sumire shoo-ed the Creative Director and the monster out of the home office, locked herself inside it and ran back to her seat before the laptop. She took a deep breath before typing:

 

Mirae: Is Hao really your real name?

Hao: That was really random, but no, that’s not my name at all.

Mirae: So… you’re not Chinese?

Hao: I’m not.

Mirae: Then?

Hao: I’m Korean.

Mirae: Ahh. Why did you lie on your profile then?

Hao: This account was created for an undercover work purpose, but as time went by, I garnered quite a following of school-going kiddos who were seeking help from me on academic related things, mostly homework, and so, I decided to stick around.  

Mirae: Ooo, that’s nice of you. So you aren’t 21 then…

Hao: No. And unfortunately, I’m much older than that.

Mirae: You erted uncle, are you secretly trying to hook up with minors around here?

Hao: I already said I’m sticking around to help students out with schoolwork.

Mirae: Erm… I have something to confess…I just learnt of your identity actually.

Hao: How?

Mirae: Uncle Yoochun.

Hao: I guess you really do. How did you fare on your Math quiz last Friday?

 

*Mirae signed out.

 


 

“What’s up with that cute pout on your face?” Young Mi giggled, fanning herself with the menu in her hands while she tried to keep herself from fangirling.

 

“Sumire must have failed the quiz,” Yunho muttered and pocketed his phone.

 

“Did you even hear me, Yunho?” Young Mi asked.

 

“My ears are working fabulously and perfectly fine,” Yunho had reached out halfway to grab the menu when he face palmed, “Argh, I miss Jaejoong too much. Now I’m even talking Jae-language.”

 

3 baskets of Cajun fries later, a bloated Yunho led Young Mi out of the eatery and they began making their way back to the apartment.

 

“You didn’t answer me earlier.” Young Mi looked at Yunho.

 

“I was talking to Sumire online just now and asked about her math quiz. She immediately signed out.” Yunho frowned hard while she went into a fit of laughter.

 

“Perhaps you could call her,” Young Mi suggested.

 

“Good idea.”

 


 

Jaejoong was carrying out his daily before-bedtime-skincare-regime when his phone on the vanity desk sounded. He pouted angrily and picked up the call, “You’re going to pay for interrupting my fabulous put-on-the-facial-mask session.”

 

“Please forgive me, Jaejoong.”

 

Jaejoong immediately flew out of his chair and started jumping up and down on his massive double king sized bed, “YUNNIE! OH MY CASHMERE! OF COURSE YOU CAN BE FORGIVEN, YOU FABULOUS PIECE OF HOTNESS! So, what’s up?”

 

Yunho chuckled, “I want to speak to Sumire but she won’t take my calls.”

 

“S-So you d-didn’t call me to t-talk to me?” Jaejoong sounded like he was about to cry (what a drama queen…).

 

“Of course I want to talk to you,” Yunho sounded panicky and Jaejoong smirked evilly to himself, “But could you please put Sumire on the phone?”

 

“But Yunnieeeeee, you know I don’t like being thrown aside.” Jaejoong whined like the overbearing that he had always been and he heard Yunho sigh defeatedly.

 

“I’m talking to you now, aren’t I?” Yunho cringed because he now had to put his pathetic sweet talking skills to use to 'calm' Jaejoong down even though the elder knew too well that the beauty was only playing around with him.

 

Hmm, I guess you are…” Jaejoong loved wrapping Yunho around his finger because the elder was the only one who could ever make him feel like the most important person in the world. Even though the bipolar diva had been training Kimchi to do the same, his wife just wasn’t submissive material and had instead irked him out so badly that he couldn’t eat for days, “Yunnieeeeee, I had a bad day at work yesterday.”

 

“Why?” And the beauty broke out into a wide grin when he detected genuine concern from his beloved elder brother's voice.

 

“Daddy told me off for my so called ‘extravagant spending’ on photoshoots.” Jaejoong now had the phone on loudspeaker mode so he could resume putting on his facemask.

 

“Do you want me to talk to Father for you?” Yunho asked.

 

“Would you, Yunnie?” Jaejoong silently cheered in his heart.

 

“Anything for you.” And the beauty almost fainted because he felt like as if the entire universe now belonged solely to him.

 

“Oh Yunnie, I really do appreciate the thought, but I can’t bear to see you fight with Daddy over me again,” Jaejoong pouted, “I’ll just have to live with the embarrassment from Daddy for the rest of my sad, sad life.”

 

“Don’t say that,” Yunho sighed again.

 

Jaejoong smiled to himself, “Okay, you made me happy enough for now, I’ll let you talk to Little now.”

 

“What’s up with that nickname?” Yunho raised a brow.

 

“She calls me Queen , so we’re even.”

 

“Now I really need her on the phone,” Yunho was using his ‘I’m-going-to-kill-someone’ voice and Jaejoong laughed as he got up to proceed towards his home office and knocked on the door before opening it.

 

“Little , someone important needs to talk to you.” Jaejoong handed the phone over and the 11 year old.

 

“Who’s that?” She asked curiously.

 

“I don’t know, but the person sounded really angry,” Jaejoong his heels, sniggered and walked out.

 

Sumire gulped and took the call, “Hello?”

 

“Hello, Sumire. I would like to know the results of your math quiz but before that, let's address that new and utterly disrespectful nickname you've been calling Jaejoong recently.”

 

Sumire gulped again and thought in her head, ‘I am so dead.’

 


 

By the time Yunho had ended the call, he realised that they were now standing outside their apartment door while Young Mi was looking into her purse for the keys.

 

Yunho reached into his pocket and handed them to her, “Here.”

 

“Thanks,” she smiled up at him and took them from his hand.

 

“Sorry.”

 

Young Mi had unlocked the door and was now taking off her sling back sandals when she looked up at Yunho confusedly, “Why?”

 

“I was on the phone the entire time instead of making small talk with you.” Yunho replied and that sent her into another fit of laughter.

 

“I love your honesty.” She bent down to retrieve her shoes and placed them neatly on the shoe rack, “It’s fine. We can always talk while watching the news later on.”

 

“You meant to say that we can always talk during the commercial slots right?” Yunho chuckled.

 

Young Mi blushed, “Yeah, that. Gawd, you always make me blabber nonsense and look like a fool.”

 

“I can only apologise.”

 

“Don’t apologise for being so unbelivably good looking that it just causes me to word vomi- Oh wait, I just made a fool out of myself again,” Young Mi face palmed and quickly turned to escape but her clumsiness acted up at the wrong time and it made her trip on her two left feet.

 

“Got you,” Yunho had long ago picked up that Young Mi’s quick exits to hide her embarrassment often led to accidents, so he managed to wrap one arm around her waist to prevent her from scraping her elbows or knees (or both) from the fall.

 

She blushed even harder and after she regained her balance. She had tried to wiggle away from Yunho but he had only pulled her closer to him so she now had her back pressed closely to his body.

 

“I am b-beyond embarrassed.” She confessed with her head hung low.

 

“And it’s adorable.” Young Mi’s breath hitched and her cheeks were burning hotter than ever before.

 

Yunho spun her around so she was now looking up at him with wide surprised eyes, “Forget about watching the news, I just want to kiss you.”

 

O-Oh?" And she wanted to slap herself so badly for croaking out such a pathetic answer with a terribly strangled voice.

 

But before she could think any further, her head was swimming like as if she were drunk on good wine as she felt Yunho’s lips on hers, and if she wasn’t wrong, this was the first time he was kissing her so tenderly. And at that moment in time, she had completely forgotten that the man who was currently kissing her was supposedly aual.

 

“I like kissing you.” Yunho confessed before pressing a quick one to her forehead.

 

“And I really like your honesty.” She giggled like a love drunk fool.