LAST ARTICLE...FOR NOW

Blitz Magazine - The Sidequel

 


 

Previously on The Sidequel

 

When they began dinner, Yunho stopped eating all of a sudden and face palmed. Young Mi looked up to ask him what was the matter.

 

“We still haven’t bought any cat food yet.” Yunho paled.

 


 

 

Young Mi immediately sprinted into her room to grab her wallet and shouted to him on the way out of the apartment about having just enough time to make it to the pet shop if she ran there now. Yunho was about to bid her goodbye but she had already disappeared. Looking at their half eaten dinner and feeling guilty towards the poor kitten they had totally forgotten about, Yunho dumped the food into the bin after praying to Gawd for forgiveness (for food wastage) and proceeded into his bedroom to hug the black furball.

 

It was meowing pathetically and he wished it would just punish him by biting his arm off so he would feel less conscience-stricken.

 

He suddenly thought of Young Mi and knew a panicky her would spell disaster, so he promised the kitten that he would come back as quickly as possible with food in tow before running off after his girlfriend.

 

He found her standing in the middle of the pathway a few streets down from their apartment. He didn’t stop running though, because he just grabbed the wallet from her hand and continued on.

 

He swiftly whipped his phone out to text her: Why did you stop?

 

In my nervous state, I had suddenly forgotten the way to the pet store.

 

Yunho laughed and pocketed his phone.

 

“HEY! YOU! STOP!” He heard an angry voice not too far behind him, so Yunho turned around and realised there were 2 guys running after him.

 

Yunho was confused. Why were they chasing him for?

 

“STOP, YOU THIEF!” They yelled in unison.

 

Yunho rolled his eyes. They must have seen him ‘steal’ Young Mi’s wallet just now and thought of him as a ‘pickpocket’. He was just about to enter the pet shop but was pulled back by the scruff of his neck by the ‘Good Samaritans’.

 

“Me and that girl back there are together, I’m not a pickpocket.” Yunho replied curtly and got back onto his feet to enter the store but was held back once more.

 

“We’re not buying that,” The burly guy smirked, “Hand it over.”

 

The pet shop owner was about to pull the shutters down but Yunho managed to reach over to knock on the glass door to ask him to wait a while more. The old man shrugged and walked to the back of the store to tend to something else.

 

“You’re in cahoots with that old man?” The other raised a brow.

 

Yunho wanted to scream out in anguish but somehow managed to stay composed, “Just let me make a call.”

 

Within 5 minutes, Young Mi made her way towards the pet shop and explained to the ‘Good Samaritans’ about the whole situation. The two guys apologised to Yunho but the postgraduate student waved it off and stated that they were just being vigilant citizens. Yunho flipped them off though when the duo walked off. Young Mi then flailed about like a fangirl about how cool Yunho looked flashing the finger like that. Yunho ignored her and walked into the store to get the cat food.

 

“Didn’t you feel like as if you were on Candid Camera just now?” Young Mi bubbled when they got back to their apartment.

 

Yunho was still in a rather ‘bad mood’ at the ridiculousness of the situation he was previously in so he just grunted in response and dumped the can of pet food into the equally new food bowl and proceeded into his bedroom to hand it over to the terribly hungry kitten.

 

It lapped it up so quickly that if Yunho were capable of crying, he would have, but since he wasn’t, he settled for a sad look while rubbing soothing circles on the kitten’s (cute) .

 

“Are you trying to make me feel guilty?” Yunho muttered when the kitten padded over to rub it’s cheek affectionately against his side.

 

The kitten just cocked its head to the side in question and Yunho waved it off while carrying it towards it’s fluffy bed.

 

“You won’t have to go hungry anymore,” Yunho vowed, “I bought enough food for a whole month.”

 

It just stared blankly at its owner.

 

Oh…” Yunho’s heart fell, “It seems like only Jiji can understand human language (only readers of Blitz’s ‘A Catty Issue’ will understand this). Should I let you hang out with him?”

 

Again, there was no answer.

 

“Either you have a defect or Jiji’s a really talented cat.” Yunho muttered, “I think I’m losing my mind. I better turn in for the night before I start thinking about even more ridiculous stuff.”

 


 

“Something round.”

 

“Ball.”

 

NOOOOOOO,” Young Mi whined, “It’s about the size of a palm.”

 

“Pokéball.”

 

“Noo- WHAT!?” Her eyes grew wide.

 

“Chill, I’m just throwing random answers.” Yunho sighed as he drank from his black mug of black coffee.

 

Young Mi threw her hands into the air in defeat, “The answer is ‘’.” And Yunho almost choked on his drink.

 

The elder could only shake his head and picked up the next card from the stack.

 

.

 

Yunho really choked this time.

 

Was this game rigged? So far, the words he had to get Young Mi to guess were ‘urinating’, ‘French kissing’ and ‘pole dancing’. He suspected that she was out to embarrass him by making him resort to actions when he ran out of words to get her to guess the word on the cards. About 10 minutes ago, he even had to stand up to grind himself awkwardly against the lamp beside the couch they were sitting on. Luckily, Yunho had enough common sense to close the curtains. He could have safely sworn on his undying love for Math (and Young Mi (?)) that Lorelei was standing at her window (their apartment was directly opposite hers) while looking through a pair of binoculars.

 

Yunho made a mental note to disguise his assassination plot by inviting himself over for coffee at Lorelei’s sometime soon.

 

“This word contains 3 letters. Preferably, it should be done by 2 people.”

 

Young Mi tilted her head in question, “It cannot be done by more than 2 people?”

 

Yunho decided to put his cup of coffee down or risk dumping it on the younger’s face. He answered while shuddering, “It can be done by more than 2 people, but I think some would feel left out.”

 

Ahh.” Young Mi nodded in understanding.

 

“I think you already know the answer.” Yunho had his fingers crossed, “Because this doesn’t come in a demo like the rest of the words I had to make you guess.”

 

“Why not?” Young Mi seemed to be hiding a smirk.

 

“Because…it’s…well, like I’ve said before, it requires 2 people.”

 

Young Mi pointed at herself then at him, “There’s 2 of us. I can help with the ‘demo’.”

 

“YOU REALLY DON’T KNOW THE ANSWER!?” Yunho couldn’t help but burst out but immediately calmed himself down and apologised before continuing, “Just guess already. I’ll even say the word ‘please’, so please just guess already.”

 

Young Mi laughed, “Okay, okay, you prude, the answer is ‘’.”

 

Yunho nodded wordlessly and picked his coffee back up.

 

She picked the next card in the stack and burst into laughter. Yunho rolled his eyes, “What is it this time?”

 

“This one is easy! Really!” Young Mi promised but Yunho was having none of it as he replied, “That was what you said when you made me guess err…ma…mas…ma…m-m-m-ma…touching yourself.”

 

“You’re such a prude!” Young Mi pinched his cheek and coo-ed at him like as if he were a child, “Anyway, here goes: It’s slimy.”

 

“Slime.”

 

Oh come on, you can do better than his, Mr. Jung Yunho with an IQ of 238.”

 

“Who told you that?”

 

“I peeked into your records.”

 

“But they’re locked in a safe.”

 

“I hacked into your safe.”

 

“I’ll deal with you after this game is done.”

 

“I hate my mouth. I keep letting things slip.”

 

“TheanswerislubricantandIdon’twanttoplaythisgameanymoresonowlet’stalkaboutprivacy.”

 

“WOW! You really do have an IQ of 238!”

 

“This game is just full of dirty and suggestive words, if you haven’t noticed.” Yunho scoffed while glaring hard at her.

 

“I just wanted you to loosen up and stop being so uptight.” Young Mi pouted.

 

“Whatever, now about that safe…”

 


 

“Jaejoong, camcorder to the front please.” Kimchi couldn’t hide her bitterness when her husband was openly filming pretty young things as they filed into the amphitheatre where the graduation ceremony was held.

 

“I’m just testing it,” the beauty pouted and before Kimchi could smack him, the child on her lap beat her to it as he painfully pinched his father’s side, causing the Editor in Chief to yelp and whip his head towards the little one, face red with anger.

 

“You evil incarnate.” Jaejoong seethed.

 

“Girly ert!” Jaejoon giggled and pointed his little index accusingly at his father.

 

“I’m not girly!” Jaejoong whined like a spoilt brat.

 

Kimchi rolled her eyes and muttered darkly, “Why did I marry this moron?”

 

Young Mi, who was seated beside Kimchi, chuckled to herself at the entertainment provided by the Kim household.

 

The graduation ceremony started and Jaejoong was already complaining about having a panic attack caused by claustrophobia. Kimchi told him to shut the hell up and Jaejoon followed up calling him a ‘girly whiner’. Fortunately, Jaejoong’s mood brightened up significantly when Yunho took to the stage. He tried to get his beloved elder brother’s attention by calling out all sorts of very indecent pet names and since the security couldn’t understand a single word of Korean, Jaejoong got off with a warning.

 

The gang had dinner at Yunho and Young Mi’s apartment, catching up on each others' lives. Jaejoong complained about Jaejoon growing up too fast and having picked up on words far too advanced for a 3.5 year old. Jaejoon proudly showed off his skills by calling Jaejoong ‘A y Tyrant’. That earned him a brief telling off from the beauty’s ever-so-protective-Yunnie.

 

“Yunnie, Daddy thought that the public’s image of me is currently at ‘drain-level’, so he has talked to some film producers to salvage it.” Jaejoong shared while the girls cleared the dinner table.

 

“And?” Yunho raised a brow.

 

“Reality drama.”

 

Yunho gagged.

 

“True that,” the brothers slapped high fives, “It’s a ing moronic plot to salvage my image by reincarnating a failed publication.”

 


 

 

Dear readers,

 

 

I was thinking really hard about how I was supposed to stick Yunho and Young Mi together like super glue for the rest of their lives but when we have beyond stubborn Jung in the equation, it would take more than a million chapters to do so.

 

Furthermore, my writing muse, Jaejoong, keeps bothering me everyday because I have ‘degraded’ him from being the initial main character to having a random cameo role in The Sidequel.

 

After much thought, Blitz Magazine will now have a sequel: Publication Bridage.

 

In there, I will continue in my attempt to get the Yunmi couple to mate, along with dishing out more vulgar/violent/ual/unreasonable antics from Jaejoong and Kimchi.

 

So I guess…welcome back to the ever-so-crazy Blitz-verse?

 

 

Regards,

Sims.