{ SOARINGCLICHE } To Seduce the Unwilling

❥❥ Review Paradise || Review Shop ❤ {OFFICIALLY CLOSED} Layout 2.1

 Titl e :  To Seduce the Unwilling
Author : SoaringCliche
Chapters : 9 [Completed]
Reveiwer : nikatsu

 

Title: 10/10
I do actually really like your title. :) It fits perfectly with your plot.

Description/Foreword: 10/15
My only peeve about your description/foreword is the fact that it somehow gives everything away at one glance. But it is straightforward and I rather like than in this section since it’s supposed to entice the readers to follow through and click the “Next” button, so… yey!

Poster (Optional): 2/5
I don’t like the poster. It doesn’t fit with the plot and feels very childish. Which is surprising to me since the fic has M chapters. When I see M chapters on cute fics or whatever, I would expect it to be a little more… appropriate, I suppose. Cute still but with an edge of, well, maturity.

Story Format: 7/10
Thank you for using a normal font, but I kind of hoped you would align it in justify. But that’s just me of course, so… yeah, moving on!

Characterization: 12/15
Good job on the characterizations. (I’ll only talk about the two main characters, ok?)
I’m actually quite impressed at how likable Yoseob is. I’m usually turned off with characters that makes plans on getting the girl (or in this case, boy) in Romance stories. I like that he chastises himself a little bit when he does something overboard or weird. That makes his feelings believable since his plan does have a 50% chance of things blowing up at his face. Kikwang, on the other hands, is a little… dense. Cutely so but, you know, dense. It’s a little aggravating how slow in the uptake he is with the whole situation but it adds to the suspense in the story so, I guess it’s ok.

Grammar: 10/15
Definitely better than a lot of the fics I’ve seen around here in AFF, but I would like to see you construct your sentences a little more vividly. That doesn’t mean you have to dump vocabulary (word vomit is not attractive, spoken or written out) onto a page but I’d like you to create images to help enhance your scene. You tend to use very simple sentences and sometimes repeat notions—for example:
/I jolted awake with a start/  Jolting awake already means you woke up with a start. The notion is quite repetitive when written in the same sentence.
Other than those few points, I’m good with your grammar. It’s readable and light. It’s a nice fic for non-English speaking readers.

Plot: 10/20
I’m on the fence about your plot since it’s a little cliché. There are too many fics with this type of scenario. There were points that were predictable (see chapters on Jealousy, Flirt and Ignorance and that whole bit of acting like a maid for the day) but then again, we all (secretly) love a cliché story. Otherwise this is a cute fic and I surprising had an OK time reading it.

Others: 5/10
I have no profound parting words except, good job on the fic. Work a little bit more on your imagery and you could be an even better story-teller! :)

Total: 66/100