On the run

Royal Lovestory

 

 

The small party stepped down the slippery stairs, through a stuffy and cold dark corridor and into a small house - a shack - where the corridor had lead.

 

„OK, guys. Now be ready to run whenever we need to do it." Baekho said looking at everybody.

 

The others nodded for an answer. There was no need to make any excessive sounds.

 

„Then let's go." Ren said and slowly opened the door.

 

They were good to go.

 

Though Kris did check everything he couldn't have seen everything coming. As the seven walked through the streets some guards noticed them and as the youngsters hadn't thought they need any disguise they were quite recognizable. Good for the seven that the guards realized who had passed them a good few minutes later but it didn't change that fact that the youngsters were now chased.

 

Upon hearing the heavy footsteps echoing through the streets the youngters quickened their pace.

 

„Now it's time to run!" Ren yelled and took the lead.

 

„We can't go straight! We have to get a better lead or they" Minhyun called from behind.

 

„I know!" Ren yelled back.

 

It had rained a bit at night and the weather was cold so the roads were covered with ice. As they were running aimlessly around the city - or so it seemed to JR and the girls - Haeran tripped and almost hit the building's wall on her left but lucky for her JR and Minhyun got a hold of her hands before she did.

 

Everyone was starting to get tired. They were panting and their hearts were beating like crazy.

 

„Ren!“ JR called the younger boy, „where are we going? - You better tell me we are close.“

 

Ren didn't look back at him. „The Night Watchman and yes, we are close.“

 

JR felt shivers run up his spine and suddenly he felt cold even though they had been running for quite a while. He was too baffled to say anything. The Night Watchman. What the hell? They're going to lead me right into the dragon's lair! He hates us! He's going to slaughter me right on the spot!

 

JR didn't have time to linger with his thoughts any longer because the next thing he knew they had stopped by a old-looking house in an alley which was a quite dirty one... but he had seen worse.

 

Minhyun had noticed JR's face when he found out where they were heading. „Don't worry. He's not that bad once you get to know him.“ He said patting his friend's shoulder. JR gave him a smile, the one which says – no kiddin'? So he'll just bake me cookies and let me into his house?

 

„Open the door, Aron!“ Ren shouted banging on the door. HyunAe hadn't seen that side of Ren yet and she liked seeing him this way. He's so... how should I put it...erm... I even don't know how to put it. It didn't matter how she put it. Only thing she knew was that she felt safe and secure when seeing him like this. She had seen him train – she knew that her lover was strong enough to protect her.

 

„C'mon, hurry up!“ Baekho added.

 

The door creaked and opened revealing a young man dressed all in black. He stepped aside letting the group on the run enter.The party hurried inside. A few steps upward and they were now standing in a cozy parlor.

 

So-said Aron then closed the door with a loud bang, startling everybody. The girls jumped and almost screamed but the boys were fast enough to muffle the sound by covering their mouths.

 

JR froze because of that sound – he was now waiting for Aron to just shoot him dead right there right now.

 

„Do you want them to find us? What in the world is wrong with you?!“ Minhyun got angry.

 

„What the hell is he doing here?!“ Aron said with an angered look on his face.

 

At the same time Ren had casually walked farther into the room and moved the sofa aside.

 

„Oppa, what's all this ruckus about?“ A young girl asked coming down the stairs.

 

Ren opened the hatch in the floor.

 

The girl looked at the people in the room. Her eyes widened. „JR?!“

 

„O-Odelia?“ JR was as surprised as the girl.

 

Aron put the picture together right away. He looked at Odelia with piercing eyes and was about to say something but the guards had reached onto the street and were now searching through the houses.

 

„Let the royal guards enter!“ Was ordered from behind the door with banging on the door.

 

„Royal guards my .“ Aron said more to himself but others heard it. All boys in the room smirked except for JR who was too scared to even understand the irony.

 

Aron looked at Odelia and then at JR. „We'll discuss about it later,“ he said in a low voice, „but for now – everybody, in there.“ Aron pointed at the the hatch which Ren was holding open.

 

Within moments the seven disappeared into the little room under the floor.

 

Odelia moved the sofa back. This sofa may have looked heavy, but the truth was that it wasn't. The wooden parts and details were all hollow giving the impession of heavy wood from the outside. It also had pieces of wool-cloth under its legs so if moved the sofa wouldn't scrape the floor.

 

While opening the door Aron put on his innocent face and asked: „Is there something wrong, sir?“ What have they got themselves into?!

 

„There are some renegades on the run. We need to search your house.“ The 'royal' guard said.

 

„As you please, sir.“ Aron said letting the guard and his comrades in.

 

„Miss, please stand by the young man.“ The guard said with a flirtatious tone in his voice. Aron balled his fists How dares he?! This good for nothing Rotten's buttkisser! but the look in Odelia's eyes assured him everything was okay.

 

The guards looked through every room and rummaged through wardrobes. Every little noise and step made the people under the parlor's floor flinch. The girls were nervous and the boys, though they didn't really show it, aswell.

 

The heavy footsteps of the men came dreadfully near to the sofa and then faded into the distance again.

 

The little room wasn't meant for living but there were some sofas – by the look of it they were quite new. The room was also clean and the walls were covered with wooden boards, there was also a door leading out of this room – to where? Only Aron knew. The best thing was that it was warm and nicely lit – this fact made the situation a bit better.

 

But the seven didn't have time or enough piece of mind to notice all of this. Only thing they could concentrate on was waiting and hoping that Aron and Odelia knew how to keep them safe.

 

Time ticked by...

 

***

 

„Well, I guess we have to apologize for disturbing your peace.“ The guard from earlier said looking at Odelia with a look Aron didn't want to see.

 

„It's okay, sir.“ Odelia said nicely but coldly. That guard didn't notice the coldness but Aron sensed it. He was content – his little sister wasn't the kind of girl who will fall for just any guy who's sweet towards her and her actions at this moment only confirmed it. But if he only knew how things were between the prince and his sister.

 

When the guards had left Aron and Odelia stayed the way they were for some moments. After Aron was sure the guards were actually gone he looked at Odelia.

 

„Go check the second floor rooms.“ he said. By checking the rooms he didn't mean checking the mess the guards made but he meant for Odelia to search for any bugs those traitors may had installed. Aron did the same.

 

They even found some bugs. They were quite nicely hidden but the two had a nose for those things. When they had finished with their respective rooms they switched to search the rooms the other had searched. Why to do such thing? Isn't is obvious – then a new person will search the rooms again and may find bugs the other didn't notice.

 

Bugs found and disabled Aron moved the sofa away from the hatch.

 

Now here's another bug I have to disable... but not around Odelia that is.

 

He seemed a bit off seeing me – hmm – maybe I should scare him a little... just a little... at first... I can have my fun, can't I?