On our way

Royal Lovestory

 


 

Somebody help me – my legs are killing me! And can't this dress get any more uncomfortable! We've been on our way for 9 hours straight. And by now I can't wait to reach the North's capital - Kangreung.Not that I'm eager to see the prince but I really want to get into more comfortable clothes than this freakin' dress!

 

 

"Wow. Would you look at that. What a beautiful landscape.“ Haeran said, obviously excited.

"You've said the same excact thing for the last 9 hours and after every 5 minutes!“  Chinsun scoffed. She was trying to find a more comfortable position to sit in.

"It's not my fault the nature in the North is so breathtakingly magnificent.“ Haeran answered with a melancholic voice and overly dramatized gestures to make others laugh. She succeeded.

 

 

HyunAe had got a bit curious about what Haeran, her childhood friend and also  her personal maid, had seen. As she looked out of the carriage's window she hit her head against the glass because of the sudden jumping of the ride. „Hello. That hurt.“

"Are you ok back there, girls?“ the coachman asked through a little window in the front wall of the carriage.

Haeran was on the roll with her acting and answered the question this time with a sarcastic tone: „Oh yes, Minho, we're quite fine. But I'm afraid our dear princess has left us due to the fatal bloodloss from the head wound...“

Chinsun had taken a cold drink from the mini refrigerator and now pressed the bottle against HyunAe's head.

"We don't want the prince to see you with a swollen forehead, now, do we?“ Chinsun explained her actions.

"Thank you, mommy.“said HyunAe, smiling.

 

"Speaking of which – have you changed your mind about the marriage?“ Haeran, who was back to her normal self once again, asked. Chinsun and Haeran both watched HyunAe with curious eyes waiting for answer.

"I told you, guys. I oppose to the marriage and this is final.“

"Please give us one good reason why you are disloyal to your kingdom.“ said Haeran obviously acting again.

 

Here we go again...I think this girl born into a wrong family. With her acting skills she could easily be an actress.

I think I'll play along. HyunAe sat straight and raised her nose high thus looking quite ridiculous. Keeping a kind of a pokerface on she answered: „My dear miss, I can give 2 reasons. Firstly, I absolutely cannot marry a man who is my brother's look-alike. As you see it would be an unhappy marriage because I'll only see him as a brother not as a husband. Secondly, as you know the prince is named Kim Jonghyun but our dear coachman, who is also on this trip with us, wears the exact same name. Again I would be reminded of somebody else than the prince. Are my explanations enough for you, miss?“

 

Before Haeran could continue with her little act with HyunAe Minho announced that they'll make a little break before driving down to Kangreung.

"Are we almost there?“ HyunAe asked looking at her maids, also dear friends, Haeran and Chinsun.

"Take a look for yourself, princess.“ Jonghyun said opening the door to the young ladies.

 

Stepping out from the carriage the three saw a beautiful wall-surrounded white city in the distance. Some higher buildings, which also appeared to be white, could be seen over the wall. It seemed like the city shined under the sunlight which is quite logical due to it's light color-scheme.

HyunAe sighted upon the sight. Kangreung here I come! I really hope I can somehow talk the prince into opposing this marriage aswell. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't want to marry a girl who he hasn't seen before in his life as much as I don't want to marry him.