What a fun day that was

Royal Lovestory

 


 

After some time the riders came to a halt by the forest as the horses needed their rest. The youngsters gathered up around the fire the U-KISS squad had set up. The horses had their joy of nibbling the last of fresh grass before winter.

 

„Okay, people, you can go and wander around – it takes some time to grill the meat.“ Soohyun said.

„Meat!“ the boys chirped in unison.

„Yeah, meat. I'll blow the horn to let you know. Go now! Enjoy the little break you're havin' while you still have it.“ the oldest laughed.

„What do you mean?“ Minhyun didn't quite catch the meaning behind Soohyun's words.

„I mean that tomorrow we'll going to train you guys a little. You need to know how to defend yourself when the time comes.“ the man said.

 

Baekho came up smiling: „I can still rest tomorrow then. I know Kendo.“

„But when you don't have your sword? What then?“ Eli came up behind the boy and twisted the latter's arms behind his back.

„Aa-ah. OK-OK... I understand...,“ the boy surrendered and Eli let go of his arms, „no rest tomorrow.“

„OK. Lovely. Can we go now?“ Ren asked with raised brows and motioned at the fields around them.

„We can go.“ Eli smiled smacking Baekho's head. Overall laughing was heard.

„He-ey!“ the latter complained putting his hand on the hurting place.

 

 

***

 

 

„Look-look! Over there!“ Haeran pointed at a bush in the distance. Everyone stopped at their tracks and looked to the direction the girl was pointing – a white hare hopped around there. Stopping for a moment it listened to something and then departed from the curious little people with huge jumps.

„If I could only jump the same way...“ Kevin made his dreams known for others.

„Let's try it out fight away.“ Eli suggested and put his arms his friend's waist and threw him into the air.

„Yiaa-uush!“ the other screamed.

 

 Everyone else had to hold on to their stomach and make sure not to fall over because of the laughing.

 

„Dude, is it just me or you've gained a few pounds?“ Eli mocked his friend.

„Du-ude,“ Kevin charged back mimicking his friend and overdoing it on purpose, „it's just you.“

 

 

***

 

 

JR smiled to himself – again his friends had formed into couples.

 

„Hey, JR, you're freaking me out – you're smiling to yourself again. What are you thinking about?“ Ren asked the prince suspiciously. At first he's smiling because he's sad now smiling because he's happy - atleast I think he is – he's getting weird. Moody-poody boo-boo that's who he is.

„You really haven't figured it out?“ JR answered faking a surprise.

„Figured out what?“ the blonde didn't follow. See – bad boo-boo. Now I'm supposed to figure out what he is thinking. All hail to the great king Moody.

„If you're too blind to see then I'm not going to tell you.“ the prince didn't give in. Love makes people blind...seriously.

HyunAe got interested in the matter, too: „C'mon, JR, tell us. We want to laugh, too.“

„Haven't you laughed enough for a one day?“ prince joked.

Ren and HyunAe looked at each other and then said in unison: „Please.“

„If you're not going to tell us then I'm gonna cry.“ Kevin appeared out of nowhere.

„What? You, too?!“ JR actually got surprised this time.

 

Soohyun blew his horn – saved by the bell, I mean, by the horn, JR was.

 

„And that's the reason I'll smile now,“ JR said and flashed others the signature smile he had, „Okay? Let's go now. I'm starving.“ he speed walked away.

After a few steps the prince addressed Kevin: „And don't you dare to cry, got that?“

Kevin remembered his promise and he let out a faked wail to fulfill it.

„Dude, that sounded like a sick whale.“ Ren remarked.

 

 

***

 

 

„Can I have your tomatoes, JR?“ Baekho nodded at the prince's plate.

„Knock yourself out.“ the prince answered pushing the slices onto his friend's plate.

„You don't like tomatoes?“ Chinsun wanted to know as she stole one slice from Baekho's plate.

The latter looked at the girl and gulped. Did she just-? Ahoi, I'm turning into tomato myself.

„Kind of. I just don't like the taste of fresh tomatoes. It doesn't mean I don't eat them at all.“ JR cleared things out.

„My father has the same thing. He won't eat fresh tomatoes either but he loves ketchup.“ Eli added.

 

 

***

 

 

„OK, people, time to go back.“ Soohyun called the youngsters back the horses. He eyed Eli and Kevin. This is gon' be fun.

 

The boys didn't have a clue – their saddles had been unbuckled – so when they were about to get on their horses they all fell down on their backs, into the mud, the saddles following and falling on top of the boys. Ouch. The girls gasped and covered their mouths. U-KISS in the other hand had a fun time laughing their little heads off.

The boys on the ground didn't move a muscle – they took in what had just happened. They were embarrassed right in front of the girls, who, by now, were giggling along with others. The cool facade they'd tried to build up crumbled down right at that very moment. Well, what the heck, comes out that even life itself thinks that showing the real awkward you is the best way to win a girl's heart.

 

„OK. Whose great idea was it?!“ Baekho asked as he got up, others following.

Eli wiped a tear from the corner of his eye: „Ahh, that was fun... believe it or not it was Soohyun's idea.“ he said pointing at the leader.

„Mine?! You were the one behind this, I just went along!“ Soohyun defended himself.

„Whatever, really. Let just get go back home.“ JR ended the argument.

 

 

What waited them back at the camp was something they weren't prepared for.