Surprise-surprise

Royal Lovestory

 


 

As the group the youngsters were approaching the village and already saw it a few hundred meters away when they were ambushed. It happened so quick they barely had time to react. They got surrounded by seven men who had their faces covered. Those guys looked really menacing. And the thing only adding fear into attacked ones' hearts was the fact that the U-KISS squad were on the enemy's side. They just simply rode out of the circle and left, leaving the youngsters shiver in fear. Great, fabulous. Now the only people capable of helping them just back-stabbed them.

 

One of those men, the one with threads, who seemed to be the leader, rode up to JR. Now JR could see the guy's eyes – his right eye was white, the other, normally colored, brown. Is he even a human?! The prince just stayed put. His heart was racing. He knew that situation like this would had risen up at some point in the future, he was just hoping that it'll occur later rather than sooner.

 

The leader pointed his gun at JR, loaded it, and leaned closer to have a straight look into the boy's eyes.

„Bang!“ the man said with a low and scary voice making the prince flinch. The dark man scoffed. I should say that he's holding himself together pretty well. What if I raise the tension just a bit?

 

 

 

Silence.

 

The leader signaled the others, waiving his hand. Now everybody had a gun barrel aiming for their head. The nervousness made the seven a bit noxious already. Some of them felt like throwing up. Others felt numb, nothing mattered anymore.

 

Somewhere in the distance a cow was mooing adding a bit of irony to the situation.

 

Nobody moved. The attacked ones didn't even try to swallow even though their throats were dry and stingy. The boys started to feel cold and began to tremble a little – they were, after all, muddy and wet. Girls soon followed with the shaking.

 

„What's wrong, little prince? Are you cold?“ the thread-head asked mockingly tilting his head to the side.

JR opened his mouth to answer, he was now visibly shaking: „No.“ The prince's voice was a mere shadow of what it usually was.

 

Silence again. It was getting really depressing. 'Shoot the gun already' was the thought which went through every youngster's head. But no one shot the gun. Good - because none of them actually wanted to die.

 

Wind had picked up bringing out the reason why this place was called the North Kingdom's Evil Heart. The clouds scurried up and covered the sky. The wind's eerie cries only added the tension, it felt like you could physically touch it in the air. Just when the situation couldn't get any more suffocating a member of the gang sneezed. Yes, he sneezed, sounding like a little kitty-cat doing so.

 

Awkward.

 

The leader finally tore his glaring eyes away from JR. The prince remembered how a life preserving activity like breathing was done once again.

„Did you have to sneeze right now?! Really! Just when I was getting to the fun part!“ the leader yelled at the guy. He didn't seem very angry though he seemed more like -how to put it?- whiny.

„Ah. Sorry, dude. It really is getting cold here,“ the other said rubbing his nose, „Can we go now?“

„Could someone smack him for me?!“

The sneezer got quite a strong whack against the back of his head – you could even hear the sound of the impact. That must have hurt. The d/t(h)readful leader let out a pissed sigh, looking into the sky. He let his gun down, others did the same.

„Seriously...,“ the leader took off his mask and others followed,“just when it was starting to get fun.“

„Hi, by the way. We're Blockbusters, Block B for short.“ the leader smiled, „I'm Zico. Nice to meet you.“

 

The seven youngsters just stayed as they were, only this time they had a totally different emotion building up in their system – relief. After a few moments, when the new situation had sunk in, they found that it was a great time to sigh, so they did. They also let themselves free to fall forward and face planted against their horses' neck, they even hugged their horses – sure the pretty animals liked that.

Block-B-guys just smiled.

Zico spoke up: „Congratulations, you've passed the test!“