Chapter I: Beginning

Another Chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akxLiHBTeTw&feature=relmfu <-- play this song.

Holden University of  Seoul

 

  Holden University of Seoul is probably the best school in Korea. Most prestige people study in here. Although, smart people can also be able to go to this prestige school. If you'd pass their exams even though you're just an ordinary person, you can surely be popular just like anybody else in these school.

 

Kris's POV

Morning in Seoul.

I could smell the fresh air coming from the window. It's six o' clock am and my mom is roaring like a tiger.

"Kris! Kris! Open this door. You have to meet you father at exactly seven o' clock. Yeah, she was always like that.

"Mom! Tell dad I'm so tired that I couldn't even move my legs. Please mom, leave me alone! I'm trying to sleep. Yesterday you woke me up at three and now six?!" I bluffed.

"No! Do you really want to be killed? Kris! Don't make me open this door." my mom screeched at me like I'm a deaf person.

I opened the door with my eyes half closed. It's like I'm sleepwalking. -splash-

"Ahhhh! What was that for?!" my mom bombarded me with a glass of cold water on my face.

"To keep you alive." my mom's stupid answers -__-

I furrowed my eyebrows and rolled my eyes as a sign of flippant gesture of irritation.

"Are you going to take a bath or am I going to give you a bath?" my mom extended a stupid suggestion.

I slammed the door and grabbed my towel. I went straight to the bathroom and filled my tub with hot water. Once my tub was filled with water, I plunged my body in the water, thinking of how to start my day. 

-end of pov-

Miyoung's pov

  I initiated my day with a big smile on my face. Halmeoni cooked Kongameul Bap for breakfast. In English, it's Bean Sprout Rice. My halmeoni is the best when it comes to cooking. Halmeoni has been my mother and father for 15 years. I lost my parents due to a car accident and halmeoni treated me like her own granddaughter. She sends me to a beautiful school, so I study hard. I help her with our financial needs by working every summer and after school in a coffee shop.

"Miyoung-ah! Breakfast is ready. Halmeoni prepared your clothes for work!" halmeoni hollered with a sweet tone. 

"Nae~ I'm coming down!" I responded politely and went down immediately. I don't want her to wait.

"Oh, come on. Eat now." I sat down and begun munching.

"Hm! Halmeoni, I missed this food. It has been a week since you cooked this for me." I acted like I've never ate this kind of thing. 

"Aigoo~ You are getting prettier everyday." halmeoni commended me. 

I smiled at her and hugged her. 

beep beep, you've got a message. My phone vibrated. A message from my best friend, Junghee. Mr. Jung said we have to be at the coffee shop at exactly 8:00 am.  I have to be at my work by 8:00 and it's already 6:30 am. 30 minutes of travel hours which means, I have to go now.

"Halmeoni! I have to go to work no. Mianhae I can't eat breakfast with you today." I kissed halmeoni's cheeks and grabbed my bag. Halmeoni hugged me and I hugged back.

I took a grip on the door know and opened the door. I could feel the breeze of the cold air touching my skin so I took my coat and suit it up.

I waited for the bus going to Coex to arrive. I was like waiting for 15 minutes but luckily a crowded bus stopped by. I fitted myself in the very crowded bus and I was hanging at the door. I had to ease my dangerous position though.

-end of pov-

Cafe

 

  Miyoung reached the cafe on time without being scolded by their selfish boss. She saw Junghee on her uniform so she went to the restroom and changed her clothes. The workers are being paid 80,000 won for two weeks.

this is their uniform.

 

"Good morning!" their naricissistic boss said with a glare.

"Good morning ajussi Kim!" the workers said with big smile on their faces, although it's acutally fake.

"Miyoung! Junghee! Make eighty coffees now! I need it with another design unlike yesterday!" their big boss said like he was going to annihilate the coffee shop. Miyoung and Junghee ran to their work place and started making coffees with different designs.

"Mom, what are we doing here in this girly cafe?" Kris interogated his mom.

"Your father wanted to meet us here, it's the nearest cafe from the company." his mom replied quickly and sat on the vacant table.

====

"Miyoung! There are new customers! Hurry hurry!" their horrifying boss clapped.

"Excuse me sir, ma'am. May I take your order?" Miyoung gave the choices of coffee and food.

When Kris looked up after playing with his i-phone, he saw a face of an angel. His jaw-dropped making his mom slap him in the face.

"Ouch!" he exclaimed while touching his cheek. Miyoung was just smiling.

"Ah, I'll get Emerald Expresso" his mom smiled at Miyoung saying in mind "this girl is very pretty to be a waitress"

"I'll get the same." Kris sobbed.

"Kamsahamanida! Your orders will be delivered in 3 minutes." Miyoung smiled.

 

 

 

 

aliahELForever: Thank you for reading my story once more! :)