A Past Story

MISSION START: Trainees --> Idols

I turned around and saw... HIM! Wait - it's okay because he thinks I'm in America so it's fine... perfectly fine. (Nana is a different name I go under and it was the only name I thought of: See, Anna + Nana)

"Uhh... sorry?" I lied.

"Aren't you Nana?"

"I think you got the wrong person." I looked at him, hoping he wouldn't figurre me out.

"That's weird... I thought for sure that you were Nana. Well, it's okay." He walked away to sit with his group. Phew, he didn't pester me if I'm really Nana or not.

My group who were sitting near me annoyed me with some questions and MinHee tackled me. "DO YOU KNOW HIM?!"

"No I don't."

"LIAR!" JiHoon flicked my forehead. "I'M NOT LYING, IDIOT!" I punched his stomach. That'll teach him.

After a few minutes, all the other trainees arrived at the training room and introduced themselves

"Okay! Everyone, you can explore the building if you want or stay here to practice and I advise you to explore." After he said that, everyone formed into their own little groups and left the room. I sat on the floor and listened to some songs on my phone to get my mind off of - well, basically everything. I hated everything, even my life.

My thoughts were interuppted when someone came in... it was him again. Is he going to bother me again?!

"I KNEW IT! YOU ARE NANA!" He pointed at me.

"I'm not."

"You can't lie to me," he said as he sat down next to me. "Nana likes to always be alone and listen to her music. She hates it when people bother her or gets too close. She only has two true friends; one is called Monkey and the other one is called Soap."

"Why are you telling me this? Like I said before, you've got the wrong person."

"It's okay. I want to tell you a story."

He started:

"I tried out for so many auditions to become an idol and every single time I tried - I failed. One day, before I auditioned, I sat outside trying to calm down but I couldn't. And then, two little girls came in front of me. One of them smiled while the other one said this "You're ugly." to me.

Heh, I remember that time. It was the first year during summer vacation when my dad sent me to America. Christine's parents' decided to go to Korea to visit and I had to tag along.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"COME ON ANNA! That guy looks sad." Christine pulled me by the sleeve, wanting to comfort the guy sitting on the bench.

"WHY?!" I shouted, "We shouldn't bother strangers. Who knows, he might kidnap us."

She just slapped my arm in return, "Don't be kidding. I doubt it! He's so handsome!" Monkey squealed

"More like ugly... AND YOU! You're eight and you know how to tell if a guy is good or bad based on his looks? Great." I rolled my eyes at her. She must lack common sense. "WHATEVER! We're going that direction too so might as well stop by." She pulled on my sleeve again.

"We are? Why?"

"Silly! We're going to audition for SM Entertainment." By the time she said that, we were already in front of the guy.

"Hello, my name is Christine and I think you're handsome!"

"Psh, he's ugly" I said.

He just nervously laughed. "Are you an idiot? When someone insults you, you have to fight back! Not act like a girl!"

"DON'T BE MEAN ANNA!"

"Hmph, whatever STUPID MONKEY!"

"HMPH!" We both turned our backs to each other.

"Sorry to botehr you guys but... where are your parents?"

"They went shopping and left us at the park so we decided to audition for SM Entertainment today." Monkey replied to the stranger. "Well, do you want to accompany me for a while? I'm going to audition too." Chrstine happily sat beside him on the bench while I reluctantly sat next to the idiot Monkey.

"I'll start off by introducing myself: Hello, my name is KiSeop."

"I'm Christine and the person next to me is Anna."

'Your name sounds like Soap so I'll call you Soap from now on."

Monkey patted me on my head, "Sorry about her, she likes to give nicknames to people. My nickname is Monkey and hers is Nana and now I guess yours is Soap now."

"Okay. I'm fine with that."

Monkey and Soap talked about random things while I sat in silent. "AHH! We have to go to the audition!" Monkey yelled.

"It's not like we're late so we'll just walk there. It's very close anyways."

- - - - - - -

We waited in line for who knows how long, and before I knew it, I'm tired of standing...

"MONKEY! I WANT TO SIT!"

"Stand. I'm not letting you sit on me."

"If you don't mind, I can piggyback you." Soap pointed to himself.

"No. I want to sit on you." I pulled on his jacket, making him fall to the ground and I sat on his back.

He looked up at Monkey. "Is this what she does to you?" She nodded.

- - - - - - - - -

He stopped telling his story.

"And? Do you expect me to react or anything?"

"No. I just wanted you to listen. I know you hate to be here but since you became a trainee, I hope everything goes well for you." He stood up to leave the room.

"I'll try but I wont guarantee anything. Bye Soap. See you around."