I Changed

MISSION START: Trainees --> Idols

I went on my phone to find out more about SNSD. Maybe I should check out other artists of SM Entertainment, I mean seriously, I know nothing about KPop unless it's about IU. I got on SNSD's profile on Wikipedia and saw a picture of nine girls together but one girl caught my eye. NO. I am NOT gay. Let me rephrase it then, I saw a girl who looked awfully familiar.

"Sunny?" I muttered under my breath

"Sunny is her stage name. Her real name is Lee SoonKyu and is the niece of Lee SooMan, the founder of SM Entertainment. Born on May 15, 1989. Blood type is B. 158cm. 43kg. Vocalist of SNSD." I stared at him in shock because this was coming out of him. How the hell does he know all these facts. Is he one of her stalkers or something?

"YAH! Yang JiSeok. How do you know all this?"

"What? I can't be a fan of SNSD?"

UGH. I think I'm going to puke. Thanks for ruining my image of you, Yang JiSeok. Now that I think about it... I don't want to do the dance anymore.

"Guys. I don't want to do a girl group dance anymore." JiSeok and MinSung jumped up in happiness when they heard my annoucement since they didn't even want to do a girl group dance in the first place. MinHee and JiHoon started shaking my shoulders, demanding me to give them a reason.

"I.. Uhh... I'm tone deaf."

Once again they stare at me in shock, thinking that they're doomed. This time they really are.

"Are you serious?" I just nodded my head.

"I got accepted here as a dancer, not a singer. That's why my dream of becoming an idol is ruined. I mean every idol should be able to sing or rap at least a bit right? ...I can't do either." I start becoming sad for this lie to work on them. Hiccuping once in a while, wiping my eyes every second. It's a good thing I can force myself to cry whenever needed.

"Aw, it's alright. Maybe you can try and reason with the teacher. If it doesn't work, then we'll just have to lose points on this assignment then. It's okay as long as we do better on the other ones coming." Mental Note: MinHee has the potential of being an idol.

Sigh, I'm feeling guilty now. I know you must be thinking 'Lee Anna? Felling guilty?' Sorry, even if I sound mean most of the time, I'm not really mean. I may throw a fit once I'm alone but I won't necessarily show it in front of people unless you seriously piss me off by saying I'm weak or pathetic. You may get close to me if I consider you as my friend or best friend. People judge me by the way I dress. Just because I wear black most of the time and I give off the aura of 'back-off-or-I'm-going-to-beat-you-up' people would stay away from me without actually getting to know me. This is why I always say - Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover.

Anyways, my rant is over. Sorry if you actually have to hear that or read it... whatever you prefer. o___o;

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I want you to give a note to my teacher stating that I don't have to sing for the next performance and the group mark will not be affected because of me. I am not asking you to do this, I am demanding this to actually happen."

"What makes you think that I might do this?"

"Because I have done many things in life that you make me do against my will."

"That's true but did you not enjoy the trip to America?"

"I did enjoy part of it if not most of it. Just do this for my group, not me. I don't want to see them fail just because I won't be able to sing. If you don't then I will tell everyone that I'm your daughter." I got up from the chair and walked to the door.

"NO. You cannot tell anyone that you're my daughter."

I turned around and smiled bitterly at him, "This shows how much you're ashamed of me. This is why you treated SoonKyu like your own daughter instead of me. This is the reason why you sent me to America against my will... Because you're ashamed of me."

"That's... n---"

"You don't have to deny it. It's the truth. After you sent me to America, for the first few months, I told myself that you will call me everyday and ask how everything is going but no. You didn't call me at all. The only time you called was to tell me that you've given Christine's parents the money for all my living expenses during my stay in America. THAT WAS IT. NOTHING ELSE. Not one 'I miss you' or 'I'll come and visit you when I have time.'  After eight whole years, you call me again and asked for a favour. Answer this question, am I just a tool for you?"

I didn't wait for his answer because somehow I knew that he would just stay silent, contemplating whether or not he would answer this question.

My walk back to the dorm calmed be down a bit. I walked to my room and found boxes and boxes piled together in front of me. I smile to myself knowing that unpacking my things will calm me down even more. I took out the things in the box called STRAWBEWWiEZ and smiled at Monkey's attempt to write cutely. I took out my strawberry bedding and threw it on the floor, hoping that the floor is actually clean. My strawberry pillows, plushies, and slippers were also in the box. Sigh, I guess Monkey put everything related to strawberries are in here. If you haven't noticed... I have a thing for strawberries.

It took a few hours to unpack my things by myself. I didn't want anyone to help me because I have a feeling I qould spazz at them for touching my things and this is suppose to help me calm down rather than piss me off even more.

I decided to decorate my part of the room more by painting something on and since I know I won't be here for ten years, I probably won't be able to just paint on the walls so I took out a giant poster paper that would cover one side of the wall. I cut off where the door is going to be. Don't want people walking into my piece of artwork (At least I think it's some kind of artwork). I laid out the bucket of paint I'm going to use and some newspaper on the floor.

I don't really know why I painted this... maybe it represents the feelings bottled up inside me. Letting out a big sigh, I sat on my bed wondering what to do for the next one or two years. Do I want to be loved by my family? I want to but part of me have already lost hope. I don't think anyone remembers me. I doubt SoonKyu or Sunny knows that I'm at the same company as her. I hope I will never see her again during my stay here. I don't know how time passed until my feet touched the painting. Thank goodness it's dried. Hmm... I think it's best to tape it up rather than glue it or anything. I swear, taping up a big, giant poster board/paper is much harder than it seems but thanks to my height, it finally stuck on.

"ANNA, I'M BACK! How did it go with the teacher?"

"Hey MinHee, it's fine. I just have to dance instead of sing." I wonder how many times I've lied today but I'm sure this lie is going to come true.

"Well let's go to the guys and tell them the news."

"You can go, I had a long day so I'm going to sleep for now."

MinHee left afterwards and I was left with an unanswered question.

Do I regret helping my dad with this?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This chapter is mostly about her past related to family so I hope you guys enjoy this! (:
About the painting she painted, it's actually mine since I have it on one part of my wall. It's a simple painting. A lost rabbit eating a carrot at night with the beautiful full moon and stars out.