The One Night Plan

Never Thought I'd Love You

Jonghyun's POV

"la la la" I started to hum to myself as I placed the pot of flowers in the middle of the table. I was in the recording studio waiting for Onew and Hyunmi to arrive ... their taking awhile .. I wonder what happened.

Literally, inside the recording room, was a small white table that seated two chairs beside it. Placed with a soft, light colored purple table cloth on it. Flowers are in the middle of the table, with plates and other diner ware around. I was confidently looking forward to this unexpected date. 

Sure, Hyunmi has a boyfriend. Sure, they've been together for a long time and she claims to have a strong love bond with him. Sure, whatever, she can believe that, but I can make her change her mind.

"Ugh, where's Key? He has the cake with him. And where's Taemin? I need the dessert ready to be put inside the bowls! They're freakin' slow" I said to myself as I poured the champagne into the two glass cups.

A couple minutes later I saw the door from behind the recording window open. I jumped a little from the loud slam from it.

"Jonghyun! Am I late?" Onew said as he leaned against the door catching his breath.

"Onew? Are you okay? Why did you just slam the door on me!" I heard Hyunmi yell from outside.

I love hearing the sweet voice of Hyunmi! I hope for this day to work out well. Maybe she'll agree to be with me and leave that Bae ..

"Yah! Don't just slam it on Hyunmi your supposed to make her feel happy so that her happy meter will burst up ever more on this date!" I nagged Onew.

"Yeah I know but your the only who told me to bring her here as fast as possible with no side conversations!" He said breathlessly. I rolled my eyes as I placed the finishing touches of the food prepared on the plate we were both going to eat tonight.

"Guys it's us can we come in!?" the familiar voice of Key was heard.

"Alright, just don't bring in Hyunmi!" Onew said facing the door. 

"Whaaat? Why can't I come in?" I heard Hyunmi pout on the other side of the door.

"Onew! What did I say about being nice?" I quietly yelled.

"B-But --you-- and then she-- aissh .." Onew frustratedly scratched his head and paced back in forth saying something under his breath.

I walked out of the recording room and stepped out into the main area. I waited for Key, Taemin, and Minho to come in so that I could prepare the desserts and such.

"Okay, you guys can come in now!" I shouted loud enough for them to hear.

Soon the door came bursting in and I saw Hyunmi breathing hard as she tried to keep herself balanced from falling, since she just barged in here like a crazy bull.

"Hyunmi! Don't come .. in .. yet .."Minho shouted at first but then quieted down once he saw Hyunmi suspiciously glaring around the room.

"Alright, what's going on in here?" Hyunmi said as I mentally face palmed myself because the guys screwed up this plan.

"It's supposed to be a surprise but apparently, you ruined in" I said pouting.

Hyunmi scoffed and folded her arms. "Ruined it? Everyone was worrying me because they were rushing me a lot to come follow them!"

"Rushing? Please, Minho, Key, Onew, and Taemin are slower than a herd of turtles running through peanut butter" I said. 

"That is so not true hyung we rushed here as fast as possible--"

"That is why I'm comparing you to turtles Taemin, even though you rushed you were still slow" I laughed at my comment but everyone else was just glaring at me. I soon calmed down and joined in the awkward silenced group.

"Well, since this turned out to be a fail I will be going now" Hyunmi said but I stopped her as I grabbed her wrist.

"Sorry about that, but you came here for a reason and I will show you that reason if you stay" I said and blinked a couple times in an aegyo way which made her think about it for awhile and then finally decided to stay.

"Fine, well why am I here in the recording studio? Aren't we finished recording for the day?"  she brought up about to look through the glass window of the recording room but I ran up in front of her and blocked her sight.

"Ahhh, yes. Just wait and don't look around yet" I said and gestured all the other members to leave the room. They all nodded and quickly got out. I sighed in relief and then walked over to the door to the recording room. I breathed in and out trying to calm myself down ..

"Are you okay?" Hyunmi said. I lifted my head and looked at her. 

"Oh, yeah, just thinking about things" I said about to twist the door knob open but Hyunmi started to speak.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about things too .. now that Bae's here .. I just want to spend as much time with him as possible ... but it's so hard to now that I've become famous .." she said making my heart thump louder and louder .. I really wish badly for her to not be taken .. can I make it possible for her to be with me?

I felt her hand caressing my back. I looked up shocked at her actions which made her jump back a little .. I smiled to myself thinking how cute it is for her to comfort me .. that's what I'm missing in my life .. comfort ...

"I"m sorry, you looked a little down so I thought giving you a pat on the back could cheer you up" she shyly said while looking down at her feet.

I walked closer to her ... wanting to hold both of her hands .. wanting to hold her in my arms forever, but that would be too sudden .. Instead I lifted her chin to make her look at me .. she kept quiet the whole time and just gazed into my eyes as I did to her .. I noticed how she fluttered her eyes closed .. since I had the chance, I slowly leaned in closer only a few inches away from kissing her sweet soft looking lips .. I closed my eyes too still leaning in closer and closer ...

"Jonghyun"

I furrowed my eyes a bit disappointed in the fact that she purposely ruined this moment. I opened my eyes and saw her step back. I sighed and stood up straight looking in another direction hiding my upset face.

"Jonghyun, can I ask you something?" I heard her say quietly. I slightly looked up at her and saw the uneasy expression on her face .. 

"What is it?" I simply replied.

"Do you like me?" 

I bit my lip wishing she didn't ask that .. pabo, I absolutely love you but I know you don't feel the same .. I'm trying to make it seem obvious that I like you .. but even if you already knew that I liked you .. you still wouldn't do anything huh? .. Why am I even trying to win you when I know I'm just going to lose in the end ..

As I thought that to myself pretending to say that in my head I looked back up to Hyunmi who had tears in her eyes .. hm? Why is she crying?

"Why did you say that?" She softly whispered.

I was confused with what she was asking me .. "Say what?"

"What you just said right now. Your trying to win me?" 

I said it out loud!?!? I swear I thought I was thinking that, I was actually saying it out loud!??!

"Uhm, no .." I tried lying but that didn't help.

"You actually meant it?" She said as she sniffed and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Okay fine so what if I said it! It's not like it's going to matter!" I shouted and turned my back on her .. now she's really making me upset.

I heard her footsteps walking towards me. I still didn't turn around .. I felt her wrap her arm around mine .. still didn't flinch .. but when she laid her head on my shoulder, that's when I couldn't take it and turned around to face her.

"Don't make me fall for you more! why are you hugging me and acting cute! Are you joking around with me or doing this out of pity?" I shamelessly pulled away from her and walked across the room.

"No! Of course I'm not doing this out of pity! I .." I heard her sigh and just stopped her sentence. I turned around curiously to what she was going to say next ..

"You what?" I said which made her quickly look up at me .. we were both looking at each other again .. she's really killing me inside when she does this .. I think I realized what my weakness is ..

"Let's be together for one night, then tomorrow we'll forget this ever happened" She said. I couldn't tell if I should be happy about this or sad ... I'm extremely happy that she's offering to go on a date with me ... but only for one night .. then she'll be back with Bae ..

Forgetting what I just said I agreed and we began our night together. Our one night that will last forever .. in my head it will last forever .. but I have a feeling Hyunmi's just doing this out of pity .. now she knows that I like her .. but this is all she can do? A one night date with me and the next we forget that this ever happened .. well, as long as I get to pretend be her boyfriend for the day .. but I honestly feel that my love for Hyunmi will be that type of love that will last forever ..

_____a u t h o r s n o t e______________________

Again, I was supposed to add the REAL date in this chapter but I got lazy (x 

Sorry! It's my fault for being lazy! But next chapter just wait! Hehe.

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed the chapters so far :D