Time To Take Off

Never Thought I'd Love You

 

Hyunmi's POV

 "I guess I really have to leave behind everything .." I said to myself as I sat on my bed looking at me and Bae's picture together. My room was already packed up. Nothing on my walls but the brightly blue paint on it, nothing in my room besides my mattress and boxes of my belongings ..

"HyunMi, are you ready?" my Omma whispered to me as she peeked her head through the door. I quickly looked over to her and nodded. 

She sighed as she walked inside my room and sat next to me on my bed ..

"I know we won't see you for awhile, but I promise you'll have tons of fun in Korea" she said and wrapped her arms around me. I smiled and hugged her back.

"I know .. It's just so hard for me to leave all you guys behind" 

I snuggled my head on her chest as if I were like a little child again .. I'll miss my Omma's comforting hugs so I'm hoping that this moment would last forever ...

"Arasso, time for you to go. You'll be late" Omma said and pulled away from our hug. I pouted and then smiled up at her. We both stood up and walked outside of my room. Once I reached the door I looked back once more at my empty room that I will never be able to see again .. all my memories will only be stored in my mind and my new place in Korea for now ..

I got downstairs and took one last glance around my house .. the fresh scent of home will be missed .. I took the courage to look away and walk outside the front door. I made my way to the car and opened the passenger side of the door. I got in, and grabbed my sidebag that was on the ground that I threw in here earlier. I took out my iPod and started to listen to my music.

"HyunMI, did you say good-bye to your unnie and oppa?"

My Omma was a single mother raising the bundle of us three kids. I had an unnie and she already graduated college having her own job, an oppa and he was starting college, and then me .. about to graduate highschool but I had to leave because of my singer career .. 

"Yup, before I finished breakfast" 

I said good-bye to everyone .. but the hardest to say good-bye to was Bae ..

(flashback)

"Annyeong HyunMi!"

"Annyeong Bae .."

We both hugged each other and sat down on the benches at the park.

I tried to hold in my cries so I kept breathing in .. whenever I would look over at Bae's happy and smiling face a beat of my heart would slow down ..

"HyunMi, are you okay? Why do you look so sad?" Bae said and scooted closer to me to give me another hug .. I closed my eyes to absorb the moment and relax in his arms ..

"Aren't you excited for graduation! Next week! So soon .." He said leaning his head on mine trying to make me a little happier .. but it just made me feel worse ..

I shook my head 'no' in response which made him pull away and look at me.

"What? It's graduation day! The day we all say our good-byes and move o--"

"Bae I'm moving"  I blurted out and looked at him with confidence. He looked frozen for awhile but then calmed down.

"Funny, your moving, if you really would move then you would tell me ahead of time" He said and stood up offering his hands to me so that I could stand up with him ..

I took his hands and held them with mine as we both started to walk deeper and deeper into the park ..

"Bae .. I really am moving .."

"Stop playing HyunMi. I don't like it when you joke about serious things!"

"I'm not joking around! A company from Korea called me last minute to audition as a singer .. I .. I couldn't turn down the offer.."'

Bae let go of my hands and backed away .. He looked down feeling upset and then looked back up at me .. still serious ..

"Is that so? .. Is that you way of breaking up with me?" He said which made me a little surprised from his actions.

"What!? I'd never break up with you! What makes you think that?"

"Because this news seems a little too sudden!"

I walked closer to him as he just stayed still looking at me with his bold eyes .. I was afraid at first but I need to make sure that he's not misunderstanding me ..

"Bae, please support me in this offer .. remember? This was always a dream of mine to become a Korean Idol!"

Bae stayed quiet for awhile but then sighed and looked up at me with a smile.

"Mianhe .. I just can't believe this .." He said and hugged me tightly. A tear fell from my eyes as I leaned my head on his shoulder .. we stayed like that for awhile until I told him I had to leave .. we took one last picture together and walked our separate ways .. 

(end of flashback)

"Well, we're here!" 

I immediately shot up in my seat because I didn't know time flew by that fast .. I kept daydreaming about Bae ..

"Omo! Really?" 

Omma just chuckled and smiled at me .. 

"Time to go"

I unbuckled my seat and leaned over to her and gave her one last hug .. she kept crying but I calmed her down by telling positive things like how I would visit and such .. 

"Arasso, now you'll really be late! You must go miss famous HyunMi!"

I rolled my eyes from the joke and opened the passenger door. I grabbed my luggage from the back and waved good-bye to Omma as I walked closer and closer to the airport.

"I'll miss you Omma!" I shouted and waved as I held the handle of the door that led inside the big airport.

I saw her wave back and drive off .. I faced the door and took a deep breath before I walked in ..

Be brave HyunMi .. a new life awaits you ..

_____a u t h o r s n o t e______________________

Short chapter /: but ...

Hope you liked the first chapter (: I know there's no shinee in it -___- haha! But don't worry they'll come in next chapter!

Please comment and subscribe! It makes me happier! hehe.