Part 2

Torn Between Two Brothers

 

Tadaima!” Shintaro uttered as he entered the house. His Obaachan met him and asked where Macy was.

 

Eh? Demo, she went home ahead of me, Obaachan.” he replied.

 

Oh my. I hope she's just fine. She doesn't usually go home this late.” his Obaachan said worriedly when suddenly Ryutaro popped in.

 

What's wrong, Baachan?” he queried.

 

Macy-chan is not with Shin and she isn't home yet.” she replied.

 

What? I'll go find her then.” Ryuu then rushed to find her.

 

Niichan, I wanna help.” Shin called out.

 

Just stay here and be with Baachan.” he replied to him.

 

It's better if you'll just stay here, Shin. You go and change now.” she told him.

 

Shin then went to his room and lied on his bed worrying for Macy. “I shouldn't have let her go home alone.” he thought. “I'm so stupid.” he then grabbed his phone to call her but too bad, he couldn't reach her.

 

On the other hand, Macy was at the park sitting on a bench, bothered of what she just saw. “Why am I so affected with what I saw a while ago?” she asked herself. “Well, maybe I was just surprised 'cause it was the first time I saw my best friend date a girl. You really are so funny, Macy.” she continued and chuckled a little and put her hand on her chest, feeling her heart beats fast.

 

Ryuu searched for Macy everywhere and couldn't find her. He also tried to call her but she's out of reach. He then just headed home hoping that she is already there. While on his way, he saw someone coming his direction too. “Is that her?” he said then runs towards the girl. “Macy-chan! Yokatta, you're safe.” he told her and hugged her tight. Macy was held silent for a moment and was surprised. “It's the first time he hugged me.” she pulled back and smiled at him. “I'm fine Ryuu-nii. Don't worry. Let's go home.” and she then walked ahead while Ryutaro followed her from behind.

 

“Tadaima.” Ryuu and Macy said as they both entered the house. Macy went to see Obaachan at the kitchen while Ryutaro proceeded to their bedroom, wondering why Macy is acting weird.

 

“Obaachan, tadaima.” she greeted her. “Macy-chan. Good thing your here now. Are you okay?” she asked her and Macy nodded right away. “I'm okay, Obaachan. Gomen for making you worry. I'll go to my room now.” she bowed and went. “I think there's something wrong with that child. Tsk.” their Obaachan uttered as she watches her leave.

 

The next morning, Shin barged in Macy's room but hasn't seen her there. He ran then downstairs. “Baachan, have you seen Macy-chan?” he asked. “She left early, Shin. By the way, I've noticed her acting strange since last night. Do you have some misunderstanding?”

 

“Anou, maybe because I didn't go home with her yesterday so she got mad?” he replied unsure. “ But that's to narrow for a reason to let her act weird, ne?” Ryuu suddenly butted in. “Yeah, I think so,” Shintaro added.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Shin stepped in to their classroom and saw Macy on her seat reading a book. He then went to approach her. “Macy-chan, are you okay?”

“Of course, I am. Why did you suddenly asked?” she responded with a smile on her face.

“Oh, betsuni. I'll now go back.” Macy nodded to him and turned to her book again while he went back to his seat. He stared at her from behind, thinking that there's really something wrong.

 

Dismissal came and unlike the usual thing they do every afternoon, going home together, Macy-chan went out of their classroom without even saying a word to Shin.

“What's wrong with her?” he thought as he watches her leave. He hurriedly fixed his stuffs and ran after her. “Macy-chan, matte.” he called out to her.

Macy stopped and he ran towards her. He was about to tap her shoulder when she voiced out. “It's okay, Shin. I can manage to go home by myself and besides, somebody might be waiting for you.” She then ran away, leaving Shin speechless.

“Eh? Somebody waiting for me? Oh! Crap! Maybe she saw me yesterday with Miyabi-chan yesterday. But why would she react like that? She doesn't even care about me. It's always been Niichan!” he wondered and walked home.

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Ryuu was heading home when he saw Macy-chan sitting by the hillside alone, throwing stones to the river. He then went towards her.

Macy-chan swiveled her head to the side and saw Ryuu sitting next to her. “Ryuu-nii? Doua koko ni?”

He glanced at her, “Just to be your company, maybe? What are you thinking so deep, huh?”

She just chuckled and smiled at him, shaking her head. “Betsuni.”

“You can't lie to me, Macy-chan. I know that there's something bothering you.” he said and turns to the river and throw away some stones too.

She ignored what he was saying and stared at Ryuu, instead and suddenly realized how she has been so in love with him since they were small. From that moment, Macy forgot about the one's bothering her, Shin, and diverted her thoughts to Ryuu, rather.

Is he aware of what I felt for him?” she thought while still staring at him. Ryuu suddenly faced her.

“But it seems like you're okay now, ne? With that great smile on your face?”

She abruptly slapped her face and went back to normal. “I do? Well, I guess so!” she said, scratching her head.

“It's fine, though. You're being cute.” Ryuu said and then petted her head. “Let's go home, Macy-chan. It's already getting late and Obaachan might worry again.” He stood up and held out a hand to her.

Macy took his hand and stood up. “Thanks, Ryuu-nii.” She then let go of his hand and her surprise, Ryuu took her hand again and held it tight.

“Let's go.” he flashed a smile at her and started to walk home.

Macy felt her nerves freeze giving her goosebumps. “Was he reading my thoughts just now?”

 

They continued to walk home hand by hand. Ryuu glanced at her and suddenly stopped, “Hey! Why are you looking down? Are you feeling awkward, Macy-chan?” he chuckled and faces her.

“Anou...” she looked up to him with shy eyes “...I was wondering why you held my hand?” she curiously asked.

Ryuu beamed at her and cups her face, “Oh, is that really bothering you?”

Macy then nodded at him.

“You wanna know why?”

She nodded again.

Ryuu looked at her straight in the eye and on the spur of the moment, brushed a kiss on her lips. Macy-chan got shocked and sooner felt his lips on hers.

 

On the other hand, Shin was approaching his way home when he saw Ryuu and Macy on that act. His eyes widened with surprise and then turned his back, feeling his tears rushing down to his cheeks. “Maybe that is why, she's so cold 'cause she and Niichan is already together.” he thought as he continued to sob.

 

Ryuu pulled back and smiled at Macy, “I like you, Macy-chan that's why and I think its already time to let you know about this.” Since Macy was really dazed with what has happened, she quickly ran away from him.

“I shouldn't have told her about that.” he whispered to himself with dismay.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

See yah next chap \o/

-iloveNakayan :DD