Part 6

Torn Between Two Brothers

 

           “I like you Macy-chan………” Shin’s line echoed in her mind as Macy was washing the dishes at the kitchen. “Oh, Shinchan, this can’t be!” she exclaimed to herself, shaking her head.

            Suddenly, Shintaro entered the kitchen and by surprise, Macy accidentally dropped the plate she was holding.

            Shintaro eventually went near her, “Daijoubu ka, Macy-chan?”

            “Eh? H-hai, daijoubu desu,” trying to avoid him, she then bent down to pick up the large broken pieces of the plate when Shintaro also tried to pick them up and by chance held her hand! They both stared at each other for a moment.

            Unexpectedly, Ryutaro passed by the kitchen and saw what had happened and went towards the two of them. Macy eventually let go of the broken piece that she was holding with Shin and stood up.

            “Macy-chan, are you fine?” Ryutaro asked her worriedly, trying to reach for her hand as she then nod at him, “Hai, shinpai nai. I’m fine.”
            “Niichan, you bring Macy-chan out of here already. I’ll take care of this.” Shintaro addressed to Ryutaro while picking up the pieces on the floor.

            “Hai. Thanks, Shinchan,” Ryuu thanked him and brought Macy out of the kitchen with the two glancing at each other secretly.

              Shintaro continued to clean up and sighs deeply.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

            The morning alarm sounded and Macy woke up then prepared for school. She then went to the kitchen downstairs to eat breakfast and not like the usual breakfast; she hasn’t seen Shin eating with Ryuu at the table. “Ohayou, Ryuu-tan!” she greeted Ryuu with a smile in her face but with a bit of wandering emotion looking for Shin.
            “Ohayou na, Macy-chan. Come on, you sit here beside me and let’s eat.” Ryuu told her.

            “Hai,” she then sits on the chair next to Ryuu and asked, “Shinchan wa?”

            “Hmm, he said he needs to do something at school so he left early.” Ryuu responded while eating.

            “Souka,” she then started eating frailly then Ryuu glanced at her a bit.

            “Something wrong?” Ryuu asked as he was slicing the piece of ham.

            Macy shook her head, “ Iie, betsuni,” then she flashed a smile at him and ate again.

 

* * * * *  * *  * * * * * * * *

At school:

 

            “Maa, it’s still early and I’m hungry! I’d better sleep instead!” Shintaro murmured as he was holding to his grumbling tummy, headdesking. “I should have eaten breakfast! Baka Shin!”
            On the other hand, Macy was about to enter their classroom when she saw Shin and heard what he was murmuring. “Baka, he’s hungry. I should get him food to eat,” she said to herself and quickly run to buy him his favorite.
            Miyabi also arrived just after Macy left and saw Shin too and went towards him  “Shin, daijoubu ka?” asking him worriedly.
            Shin turned to her and flashed her a smile, “Miyabi-chan! Unn, daijoubu desu.”

            “You seem pale, did you eat your breakfast already?” she asked.

            Shin shaked his head while rubbing his nape, chuckling awkwardly at her.

            “Eh? You should have eaten,” she sighed and got something from her bag. “You eat my bento for lunch instead.”

            “No, Miyabi-chan, it’s yours,” he refused.

            “Demo, I can’t afford to see you like that. Come on.” Miyabi sat beside him and prepared the bento for him.

            Shin was staring at her as she was preparing the food, “Miyabi-chan is really nice to me. I must not hurt her,” he thought with a bit guilt in him.

            “You eat now, Shin,” Miyabi smiled at him as he was still staring blankly at her. “Shin, daijoubu ka?”

            “Eh? Hmm~ hai! Arigatou, Miyabi-chan,” he smiled back. “Itadakimasu!” he then started eating.

 

            Macy walked along the hallway back to their classroom, “I will really scold that punk for not eating his breakfast! But I hope he what I bought is enough,” she said to herself, giggling a little.

 

            “You really are cute when you eat ne?” Miyabi teased Shin while watching him eat.

            “Miyabi-chan! You’re making me blush!” he chuckled.

            “Chotto ne,” Miyabi-chan slowly wiped Shin’s mouth with her hanky just as Macy entered the classroom.

 

            Macy saw the scene and eventually hid the food she’s bringing behind her and looked down.

            Shin then stood up when she saw Macy, “Macy-chan!”

            “Gomen, am I a bother?” she asked, trying to suppress her feeling.

            Miyabi also turned to her, “ Macy-chan, ohayou! Oh, not at all,” she smiled at her.

            “Souka,” she smiled back.

            Shin noticed that she was hiding something behind her, “Ne, Macy-chan, did you bring food for me too?” he asked with his mouth still full.

            “Eh? Iie!” she denied. “This is mine.”

            “I know you did!” Shintaro laughed and went towards her, trying to get the food from her.

            “Dame, Shintaro! It’s mine!” she escaped and chased each other around the classroom.

            “Miyabi-chan, tasukete!”

            “Yada! You can’t get away from me!” Shin exclaimed, still trying to chase her.

            Miyabi watched the both of them with jealousy in her eyes but tries to ignore it. “Iie! It’s normal Miyabi-chan, they are childhood friends,” she said unto herself and chuckled at them instead. “Oi, you both might get scolded!”

            “Let Shin stop! Waaahhhh!” Macy screamed as she was walking backwards and shooing Shin away from her.

            “I won’t stop! Miyabi-chan won’t stop me neither. Ne, Miyabi-chan?” he grinned and gave Miyabi a wink.

            Miyabi giggled at him and just continued watching them instead, “So childish, both of you.”

“Give me the food first!” he said, laughing and moving towards Macy.

            Trying to escape from Shin, Macy accidentally stepped onto something and fell on the floor. On the other hand, Shin tried to catch her but stumbled over her instead and unexpectedly, their lips met!

            Macy’s cheeks turned red and so as Shin’s! And Miyabi, seeing that scene left her gaping with her eyes widened in shock!

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'm really sorry for not updating lately OTL

But I hope you will like this part here :D

 

~iloveNakayan <3