Part 4

Torn Between Two Brothers

 

Ryuu received a message from Macy on the following afternoon.

 

“See me at the hillside. I'll be waiting.”

 

-Macy-chan

 

After his baseball pratice, Ryuu then hurriedly went to the hillside to meet up Macy. He found her their throwing stones at the river again and walked towards her. “I suppose, you already have the answer, ne?” he approached and sat beside her.

She nodded.

“But don't pressure yourself, Macy-chan. I'm not saying that you'll totally say yes. If no, then I understand.” he continued.

But will everything between us still go back to the way it used to be if that would be the case?” she queried.

“Hai. I'll try too, if that's only what we can have.” he sighed.

Macy reaches for his hand and breathes deeply, “Ryuu-nii...anou..” She was actually not certain of what to say 'cause her heart is still in doubt. “..I like you too.” she then looked down.

Ryuu cups her face and lets her face him. “Are you sure of it, Macy-chan?

Macy nods at him and eventually, he smiled and hugged her tight.

“I've always wanted to tell you about this, Macy-chan only that I thought Shin likes you too. I don't want to be a rival of my brother though.”

She hugged him too and pulled back a bit. “Did he tell you that he doesn't like me?”

He pulled away and faced the river. “Well, I asked him after I saw him together with Miyabi last time, he told me that he loves you as a sister and nothing more.”

Macy felt her heart skipped a beat after hearing what he said. She was supposed to feel relieved and won't be confused anymore but the opposite happened. She even felt more confused and hurt. “Dammit! Why do I feel this pain? I'm supposed to be happy at the moment 'cause Ryuu and I are already together but why? Why?”

“Macy-chan? Why are you so silent?” he glanced at her.

“Oh, betsuni. I just remembered Shin telling me that he and Miyabi-chan are already together.” she then smiled at him awkwardly.

Ryuu wrapped an arm over her shoulders and pulls her close. “Don't worry, Macy-chan. I will never hurt you ever.” he promised and she just replied with silence.

“Let's go home now. I know you're already tired.” she stood up and and held his hand and walked home together.