Part 5

Torn Between Two Brothers

 

A month has passed and Macy tried her best to forget about Shin and just focus on Ryuu. It's just that it's hard for her specially that they're living together. It's not forgetting him, it's falling for him, instead.

 

One day, while on their way home, Shin and Ryuu agreed on a double date with Miyabi and Macy.

“That would be great, Niichan. I'll choose the venue for us.” Shin chuckled.

“Unn, and I hope the girls will like it. How about to the amusement park?” Ryuu suggested.

“That's too common, Niichan.”

“Then where?”

“Hmm, maybe somewhere romantic?”

“And where is that somewhere romantic?” Ryuu laughed.

“I don't know either.” Shin scratched his head and laughed with him.

“Let's just have a picnic or a barbecue party with them at our place.” he chuckled and Shin agreed, “Yeah, better.”

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

That day came and Miyabi-chan went over to the Morimoto's place and have a barbecue party with Macy, Ryuu and her boyfriend, Shin. While the boys were busy on the barbecues, Miyabi and Macy got a chance to talk.

“You know what, Shin always talk about you when we're together,” Miyabi voiced out. “I at times, felt jealous, actually.” she chuckled.

“Eh? Don't be Miyabi-chan. It's just that Shin and I are really great friends and we even treat each other as.....siblings.” Macy told her. “He always talk about you too when we're together.” she flashed a smile.

“Souka! Well, you've got a point though. Macy-chan, can I ask a favor from you?” she asked and glanced at Shin for a moment.

“Yes, sure. What is it?”

“Can you take good care of Shin for me specially if I'm not around?”

Macy stared at Miyabi with wonder, “Oh-- of course, I will.”

“Arigatou, Macy-chan.” she smiled.

“You're welcome, Miyabi-chan. Anou, excuse me for a moment.” Macy went to the kitchen to get some utensils while Miyabi was left arranging the table.

 

“Shin, can you please get another tray from the kitchen?” Ryuu asked him.

“Sure, Niichan.” Shin also went to the kitchen and saw Macy there.

They were both silent while finding for the stuffs they needed when suddenly Macy voiced out. “Shin, did you know that Miyabi-chan feels jealous every time you talk about me?”

“Eh? Demo...” Shin glanced at her.

“Shin, you're not supposed to do that. She might give a wrong impression towards us.”

“Souka. Hai, I'll try not to. Gomenasai.”

“Just don't try but do it.” she then walks towards the door.

“But, I can't, Macy-chan!”

Macy turned to face him. “Why Shin? What's with me that you keep on telling her?”

“I like you, Macy-chan!” he abruptly answered. Macy's eyes widened with surprise.

“Shin?”

“Hai, ever since we were small, I already liked you but I know that it's Niichan whom you loved that's why I tried to find ways to forget my feelings for you. Do you know how painful it is seeing you happy with Niichan?” he suddenly burst out. “But I can't do anything with it, though.”

“Shin, what about Miyabi-chan? She's so in love with you.”

“But Macy-chan, no matter how hard I try to love her and forget you, I still couldn't do it.”

“No, this can't be, Shin.” she shook her head and ran outside.

“Macy-chan!” he called out to her.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

“Itadakimasu!” they said together. Shin and Ryuu were sitting together while the two girls were across them at the table.

“Miyabi-chan, just feel at home , okay? Anyways, you're already a part of the family. Ne, Shin?” Ryuu approached Miyabi as he elbowed Shin and smiled.

“Hai, Ryuu, I will. Arigatou ne.” Miyabi replied, smiling and reaching for Shin's hand. Shin then responded a smile at her and grips her hand.

Macy glanced at them and eventually turned to her food and continued to eat.

Seeing Macy with that reaction, Shin abruptly let go of Miyabi's hand and continue to chomp on the barbecue he’s holding.

 

*********************************

 

            “Thanks for today, guys,” Miyabi thanked the three of them, smiling.

            “You’re welcome, Miyabi-chan.” Macy told her.

            “Are you sure you don’t want me to you home?” Shin asked her.

            “I’m fine, Shinchan. You don’t have to.” She said then brushed a kiss on Shin’s lips and beamed sweetly.

            “Okay, if you say so.” Shin replied and smiled back at her.

            On the other hand, Macy’s eyes widened and her heart seems to break into pieces seeing that scene.

            Ryuu saw her reaction and suddenly gripped her hand, “Are you alright, Macy-chan?”

            “She eventually turned to face Ryuu, “Oh, of course I am. I’m fine,” as she tried to smile. “I guess, I need to go back inside already, I still need to clean up and keep the mess before Obaachan come back,” she continued and walked back inside.

            “Okay,” Ryuu watched her left and sighed.

 

            “Jia ne, Miyabi-chan!” Shin waved at her as she waved back at him too and completely left.

            “Let’s go back inside, Shin,” Ryuu called out to him.

            “Hai, Niichan.” He responded and looked back for the last time to Miyabi and went inside together.