PART 3

Torn Between Two Brothers

 

Oi, you three, you seems to be so quiet tonight, ne?” Obaachan suddenly voiced out while they were having their dinner. “Is there something wrong with the three of you? You're not supposed to be like that. You're living in the same house so you're supposed to be harmonious, okay?” she continued her sermon.

“Don't worry, Obachan, there's nothing wrong between us.” Ryuu answered and gave Macy a quick glance then turned to his food.

“Yes, Obachan, we're okay. Nothing to worry about.” Macy showed an uneasy smile.

Shin just remained silent while staring at his food.

“Shin, why aren't you touching your food?” Obachan asked him.

“Gomen, Obachan. I'm full. I guess, I better go upstairs now. Excuse me.” He then stood up and went upstairs.

Macy watches him go and sighed. “Me too, Obachan, I'm done. Gochisosama!” She then followed him upstairs, hoping that she could talk to him.

“Ryuu, don't tell me you're leaving too?” Obachan told him.

Ryuu shaked his head, “Nah, I won't.” He then just continued to eat but worrying about Macy and at the same time with Shin.

 

Macy knocked on Shin's door, wanting to talk to him. “Shin? Can I come in?” She didn't hear any answer and so, turned back to go to her room when suddenly the door opened.

“Yes? What is it?” he then swiveled the door and let her come in.

Macy got inside. Shin sat on his bed while she sat on the edge of it. “Anou, Shin, are you mad at me?”

“Why would I be?” Shin asked her with skepticism in his face. “It's me who is supposed to ask you that kind of question, Macy-chan.”

“Oh, souka. Hmm, gomen about a while ago. I was just not in the mood, maybe.”

“Macy-chan, you don't have to explain yourself. I understand.” he told her and patted her shoulder. “You'd better rest now, I guess. We will still be early for school tomorrow.”

“Hai.” She then stood up and walked to the door. “Oyasumi,” she said and closed the door.

“Night.” he uttered and plopped on his bed and felt his warm tears running down from his eyes again.

 

Ryuu saw Macy going out of Shin's room. “Macy-chan,” he called out to her. Macy tried to ignore him but then, he blocked her way. “Macy-chan, I know that shouldn't have done that thing to you, and I'm so sorry. Anyways, I will be waiting for your answer but I won't hurry you up. Hope you'll think about it well. Night.” he then went to his room.

Macy was left confused again at that moment. “I'm supposed to know the answer already, ne? I liked Ryuu-nii ever since but I don't know what's holding me back.” she thought as she glanced at Shin's door.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

After that night, Macy and Shin went back to their usual routine, Shin waking her up early in the morning, leaving for school and going home together.

On that afternoon, while they were walking, “Macy-chan, Can I ask you something? I hope you wouldn't mind.”

“Sure, what is it?” she answered as she sways her bag back and forth.

“Are you and Niichan together already?”

Macy suddenly stopped as her eyes widen upon hearing Shin's question. “Eh? What do you mean?”

“I mean, are you in a relationship already?” he looked at her with sad eyes.

Macy didn't know what words to utter or what to say.

“You don't need to hide it from me, anyways.” he said, trying to put a smile on his face. He reached for her hands. “Omedetou! And by the way, don't ever think that I'm a bother, okay?” he completely smiled.

Macy gulped and was supposed to tell him that Ryuu and her aren't together but Shin suddenly voiced out, “I had my girlfriend already, though.”

Macy was shocked and abruptly let go of his hand as his statement echoed in her mind.

“Macy-chan, what's wrong?” he queried.

She shook her head and smiled back at him, “Betsuni. Omedetou mo.”

“Souka, so you, guys, really are together?” he questioned her with doubt.

“Anou..uhn..we are.” she responded as she try to hold her tears back. “My god, I lied.”

“Hmm..okay.” Shin then continued to walk, trying to ignore the hurt he felt. Macy soon walked after him.

“Is it Miyabi-chan?” she curiously asked.

“Hai.”

“Souka. Kyaa~ you're so lucky, Shin! I've heard a lot of guys are surrounding her. Good thing that she chose you.” she elbowed him as she tried to lighten up their conversation.

“Eh? It's not me who's lucky. It's her, 'cause among all the girls who are lining up, I picked her, ne?” he chuckled.

Macy was held silent for a moment.

Shin then glanced at her. “Ne, Macy-chan?”

“Ha? Ah, unn. She is.” chuckled a bit.

“Why are you spacing out huh?”

“Eh? Betsuni.”

“Ayee. Maybe your just jealous!” Shin .

“Baka! I'm not!” she glared at him and tried to whack him with his bag. Shin then ran away from her.

“Oi! Come here! You..Ugh!!!” she called out while chasing after him.

“You can't catch me.” he laughed and stuck his tongue out at her.

She continued to chase him til they reached home.

“Shinbaka! Why did you run away?” she said, panting and leaning on the gate.

“You're gonna whack me, ne? But it was fun though.” he laughed while catching his breath.

Macy then laughed with him, “Well, yeah it was!” She looked at him and smiled as their bonding memories flashes back in her mind. “I'm now happy for him and I just hope he is happy too.”

“Let's go in, Macy!” he told her and messed her hair.

“Oi!”

 

Even though, Shin hasn't confessed his feelings towards her, Macy knew that ever since they were small, he already likes her, only that Ryuu was the one whom she considers as his dream guy. On that very moment, Macy finally figured out why she was not certain of Ryuu. She thought that maybe because she has feelings for Shin too. Why would she suddenly get hurt seeing Shin with another girl in the first place, if she doesn't like him.

“Oh god! I'm in dilemma. But Shin has a girlfriend. So, I guess, it would be easy for me to forget what I felt for him and just be happy with Ryuu, instead.”