I Feel Like a Hero

I Feel Like a Hero

 

“I’ve seen him somewhere, I know it,” thought Shin Hye. And without even thinking, she blurted out, “Have I seen you somewhere? “

“Uhm,” he chuckled, “Maybe, I don’t know. Do I look to familiar to you?” he asked while smiling.

“Yeah, you do,” answered Shin Hye without knowing that he was flirting with her cause she was so absorbed in figuring out who he was.

“This girl doesn’t remember me? I should’ve made more of an impact on her when she was young,” thought the stranger.

“Well, my name is Gi Kwang. Does that ring a bell?” asked Gi Kwang.

“No, wait, I know. You’re my oppa’s best friend! You’re Gi Kwang!” shouted Shin Hye happily finally figuring out who he was.

“Well, I did say my name was Gi Kwang,” replied Gi Kwang while chuckling.

“Oh my god, when did Gi Kwang oppa get so handsome? Oh wait, I can’t like him, he’s Hyun Joong’s best friend. I can’t. But you can admire him. No. You can’t. If you admire him, then you’ll fall for him. Oh looking at him can’t hurt,” thought Shin Hye.

“So you do remember. How long has it been now? Eleven years now. Ever since I went to America, I can only remember what you look like when you were six,” said Gi Kwang.

“Yeah! I can’t believe it’s been this long already! How was it like in America? Is it different than it is here?  Did you just get back to Korea today? Was the flight long? You know I was kinda thinking about going to America with Hyun Joong, but he always calls me crazy, “said Shin Hye realizing that she said way too much for Gi Kwang.

“Well, why don’t we continue this conversation to wherever you’re going. Are you going to the mall?” asked Gi Kwang.

“Yeah, I was about to buy some clothes to get ready for school, why are you going to the mall?”

“I sorta forgot what the mall looked like in Korea, so I wanted to drop by and take a little stroll. But obviously, I’m gonna need a guide. Do you mind being my guide?” Gi Kwang asked in probably the most seductive way possible.

“I do not mind, if, you go shopping with me, and help me find clothes, and tell me what looks good on me or not,” Shin Hye said in a way almost like bribing him.

“I agree, but first, let’s get some food,” said Gi Kwang.

“You just read my mind, well, first let me show you the way there first,”

Shin Hye and Gi Kwang had a decent conversation to the food court and talked how they both lived their lives.

“We’re here,” Shin Hye said happily, “So, what kind of food are you in the mood for right now?”

“Hmm, I think black bean paste noodles and a side of kimchi,” Gi Kwang said almost making Shin Hye’s mouth watering by just hearing his voice.

“I’m in the mood for some kimchi pancakes, a medium sized bowl of bbimbap, and maybe some more kimchi,” Shin Hye said while looking at one of the menus.

“Well, let’s get the food now shall we?” said Gi Kwang.

Shin Hye found her favorite little food mart and got in line ready to order. She turned around to see where Gi Kwang was and saw him already ordering while she was still in line.

“Hi, what would you like to order?”

“I’d like a bowl of black bean paste noodles and a side order of kimchi,”