I Feel Like a Hero

I Feel Like a Hero

 

“And definitely not today. Oh, Shin Hye- ah, were you about to ask to go today? I’m sorry, I can’t make it today, I have to go to a job interview at Starbuck’s. Can we go some other time? Sorry,” finished Dara.

“Oh, it’s okay then. I’ll just find someone else,” said Shin Hye sounding disappointed, but didn’t want to make it obvious, so she said “Are you ready for your interview?”

“Huh? Yeah,” Dara was thrown off guard because she didn’t expect Shin Hye to change the subject like that, “I’m REALLY nervous. I’m so scared I think I’m peeing in my pants as we speak right now! I hope I don’t get rejected,” said Dara.

“Well, I’ve seen you’re coffee-making ways, and I’m sure you’re going to get the job. Well, you better so you can get the money to go shopping with me next time okay?” replied Shin Hye trying to sound as happy as possible.

“Okay, well I gotta get ready okay? I’ll call you tonight and tell you how the interview goes okay?”

“All right, bye! And good luck!”

After the call ended, she sighed and realized that she just had to go by herself. She looked at the clock and realized that the next bus was going to come in 30 minutes, so she ran to her room and quickly changed into nice clothes and got ready to go to the mall.

She reached the bus with 10 minutes to spare and realized that her lips were chapped, so she took out her compact and chap stick.

Shin Hye looked around to see if anyone was around, and nobody was, so she puckered up making probably the most embarrassing face she could make thinking nobody was looking. She heard a guy chuckle and adjusted the compact carefully to her right and saw probably the most beautiful man she had ever seen, other than Jonghyun of course. She gasped and smacked down her compact making a little click noise. Shin Hye turned to his opposite direction hoping he didn’t see the faces she made.

After a minute of yelling at herself inside her head, she heard the beautiful man speak.

“Aren’t you going to get on the bus miss?”

She turned to see him already on the bus.

“What? Oh, yeah,” she said trying to sound sweet.

“I’m such an idiot!” she thought to herself.

She looked around to find a seat next to the window, but instead she only found it being super crowded. Fortunately, she found an empty seat next to the window behind an abnormally large man.

“No wonder it was hard looking for this seat, this huge guy was blocking it!” Shin Hye thought.

She sat down and took off her purse and started to get comfortable by taking out her iPod and her jacket. She heard a guy sigh as he sat down, so she looked to see who it was, and realized that it was the same guy earlier.

“Oh!” She thought in her head, “It’s him!”

“May I sit here?”

“Uh, yeah, of course,” she said while giving herself a mental note, “Stop looking at him Shin Hye!”

The bus finally started to move which felt like forever. Five minutes into the ride, the handsome

stranger suddenly asked Shin Hye,

“Beautiful day today isn’t it?”

Shin Hye turned to look at him and was lost in his eyes, his gorgeous eyes. Something about him looked so familiar, but she couldn’t put her tongue on it.