I Feel Like a Hero

I Feel Like a Hero

 

“Right now it’s 8 and I don’t know what to do!” sang Shin Hye and a horrible tune. “Oh right! Shopping! But I need to call Hyun Joong first and ask if I can use some money from our credit card,”

“Oppa? Are you busy right now? Can I ask you a question right now?” asked Shin Hye.

“Yeah, what do you need? I bet its money. It’s money isn’t it?” Shin Hye was quiet, “I knew it,” said Hyun Joong smirking on the other end of the phone.

“Uh, yeah, well, actually I have money, but I was kinda in the mood for pho and I needed money to buy shoes for school, so can I use some money from the credit card you gave me?” asked shin Hye thinking that he was going to say no.

“Let me think. Hmm, no, well maybe, no, actually, well, all right. Since you have been saving money for this, and you I guess you got mediocre grades last year, I’ll give you fifty dollars to buy your shoes, but bring a friend along with you, bring uh, what’s her name? Uhm, oh yeah, Dara. Bring her with you, and buy some frozen yogurt instead of eating pho,” said Hyun Joong.

“What? I got straight A’s last year! Except for that one semester where that stupid substitute came in,” thought Shin Hye.

“All right, thanks oppa,” replied Shin Hye with an annoyed tone.

“You’re welcome, and don’t forget to bring your phone I might have to call you, and which mall are you going to?” asked Hyun Joong.

“Westfield, may I please hang up now? You talk too much!” yelled Shin Hye.

“That one? Don’t go to that one,” Hyun Joong said completely ignoring Shin Hye and her request to hang up.

“That mall is ghetto and is full of retards. Go to Santana Roe or Stanford Shopping Mall.” said Hyun Joong.

“This is probably what it feels like talking to your mom on the phone and when she won’t stop talking. Too bad I’ll never know what it feels like,” thought Shin Hye deeply blocking out Hyun Joong’s voice.

“Shin Hye? Shin Hye-ah. Yah, are you ignoring me? I’m gonna get mad now,” Hyun Joong said with a deep voice trying to prove that he is getting angry.

 “Huh? Oh sorry oppa. I was looking at the clock- wait; don’t you have to get ready for your classes? It’s already 8,” Shin Hye said.

“Oh crap! All right I’ll call soon, and remember, fifty dollars exactly, don’t go to that ghetto mall, and don’t eat pho, especially the place right next to the ghetto mall. All right I got-“

“All right, bye oppa! Have fun with your classes!” shouted Shin Hye and immediately ending the call.

“Yay! Time to call Dara! She better say yes,” Shin Hye said.

“Hello?” answered Dara.

“Hey! It’s me. Bubba!”

“Oh hey! How are you doing? Dude you didn’t call me for a week now! We need like a serious meet up and talk! You will not believe what happened to me. So I was on Fac-“

“Wait, why don’t we go to the mall and talk about what happened,” said Shin Hye hoping Dara was going to say yes.

Dara slightly gasped with happiness and asked when.

“Next week? Oh, you know school starts next week and definitely not tomorrow,”

“Well what about” Shin Hye was about to ask the question, but Dara continued talking.