I Feel Like a Hero

I Feel Like a Hero

 

 “Bye oppa! I’ll see you this weekend!” shouted Shin Hye to her brother who was waving his hand out the car window

“I’ll call you and tell me how your first day of school goes okay?” shouted Hyun Gi Kwang

“Kay! Drive safe!”

Shin Hye walked back inside her now quiet and lonely house. School was about to start in two days and there wasn’t going to be anybody there to take her to school, to help her with homework, to do anything. 

She was always dependent, that is until the weekends would come, then she would be like a baby with a pacifier. Shin Hye always loves how Hyun Joong made her feel, safe and not so lonely.

 She was about to brush her teeth when she thought of something horrifying, school was about to start in two days. It just suddenly hit her that school was about to start and she didn’t even buy all of the things she was going to need. Clothes, clothes, more clothes, and possibly some lead pencils. She walked to her room with her toothbrush still hanging in and looked at her list of things that she was going to need for school. She had crossed out everything but “clothes”. She sighed and walked back to the bathroom.

“Why didn’t I buy it with Hyun Joong when he was here?!?!?” yelled Shin Hye in the midst of brushing her teeth.

“Oh yeah,” she thought, she was having too much fun with him she forgot all about school. She spat out the remaining foam in and did her business before going to bed like how Hyun Joong  taught her when she was young so she wouldn’t pee on the bed. Shin Hye walked into her room and looked at the list once more. Then she threw it away knowing that she wasn’t going to need it anymore. She took out her purse and looked at how much money she had. “Hmm that’s enough for me to buy some pho,” but it definitely wasn’t enough for her to buy a pair of jeans, jackets, and a new pair of shoes. “I’ll think it through tomorrow,” she thought and drifted off to sleep wondering if her junior year was going to be a good or a bad year.  

~I love you, baby I’m not a monster ~

The ringtone woke her up from her sleep. Shin Hye immediately turned off her alarm in her cell phone and yawned. She sat there in bed for at least five minutes to realize that it was still dark, but she loved it. Finally, she got up and brushed her teeth. By the time she finished brushing her teeth, it was 7:15. She did her hair up in a bun and walked out to the kitchen to find some breakfast.

“You know what they say, breakfast is the important meal of the day,” she said to herself. Shin Hye took out the cereal jar and poured herself some Cheerios.

After she finished eating, She changed into decent clothes, took out her iPod that was filled with k pop songs, and took a walk around her neighborhood.

“Right here is where the cute guy lives, and right here is where the crazy lady lives, and right here is where the guy with many dogs live,” she said to herself while stretching.

“This place is always filled with old people,” thought Shin Hye while smiling to the cute shrunken little man who was stretching.

After an hour of walking and scoping out for hot guys that might be walking in the park, she decided to walk home.