Jealous Much?

A Song Calling For You

 

 

“Hyung?!  How could you do this to me?  Noona is mine!  Hyung ah…” grumbled Hyung Jun, holding onto Hyun Joong and tugging his arm like a little kid tugging onto the parents when they want something but the parents won’t buy.

 

A loud thud was heard soon after when Park Jung Min whacked the back of Hyung Jun’s head. 

 

“Oucchhh! What the…” Hyung Jun cried out, letting go of Hyun Joong’s arm and rubbed his head, twirling around to see who was the one that hit him.

 

“Park Jung Min!  Ya!  What is the meaning of hitting me like that?”

“For one, noona is MY sister!  Who are you to claim to my sister?  Secondly, I do not want to have you as my brother-in-law.  I’m  100 times happy that she chose hyung, rather than you!”

“Brother-in-law?  Eomeoni  and abeoji met hyung already and approved him?  When did this happened?” asked Hyung Jun with his eyes bulged open, shocked by what he had just heard from his childhood friend.

 

Yoon Jae went over to Hyung Jun and gave him a hug, “Junnie ah, you will always be my favorite guy no matter what.  Saranghae, Junnie baby.”

“Noona loves me?  More than hyung?”

“Your hyung…absolutely more than you.  Don’t pout Junnie ah…” Yoon Jae , pinching Hyung Jun’s left cheek.

“Noona, just ignore the turtle,” Jung Min scowled at Hyung Jun’s childish behavior.

 

All the while, Hyun Joong just sat at his chair beside the drum set watching and glaring at Hyung Jun who was still holding onto his girlfriend, Yoon Jae.  Yoon Jae noticed all of that and nicely shrugged off Hyung Jun’s hands off her shoulder.

 

Oh boy…his jealous, ‘ she said to herself as she went over to Hyun Joong and gave him a little peck on his cheek, trying to calm him down, ‘he can be really protective sometimes and never afraid to show his feelings.  I just hope Hyung Jun didn’t notice this.  I hate to see their relationship goes down the drain just because of some misunderstanding.

 

“Stop glaring at him, I love you more than him.  You’re my boyfriend,” she whispered to him as she pulled away from his face after the little kiss she gave him.

 

Hyun Joong sighed and grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards him and made her sat on his lap, “She’s my girlfriend now, Hyung Jun.  Stop clinging and draping yourself all over her.”

“Hyun Joong ah…that is not very nice!” scolded Yoon Jae and gave him a little slap on his chest, looking at Hyung Jun apologetically.

 

Young Saeng and Kyu Jong chuckled at the side when Hyung Jun pouted and grumbled under his breath, dissatisfied with the warning Hyun Joong gave him.

 

“Wow! I can’t believe hyung could be the jealous type,” stated Jung Min, smiling widely, “but still, can you two please not be too affectionate in front of us?  I still feel weird seeing my sister with you.”

 

 

Yoon Jae smiled.  ‘Being affectionate?  He doesn’t even tell me he loves me straight to my face or even does something like this in front of other people.  This must be his ‘green side’ that made him show off his affection towards me.  But, I’m not complaining…I find this side to be a real turn on…hehehe…I need to make him jealous more frequently.’

 

She stood up when Hyun Joong let go of her, probably finally realized he was showing his passionate and possessive side to the other members as he picked up his guitar instead, trying to cover himself from the awkwardness.   Yoon Jae walked away towards her normal seat when the boys practice as usual.

 

“Let’s start with practice.  Tomorrow we have to perform in front of a talent scout, so, we have to practice hard and make sure tomorrow’s performance would score us a deal, arasso?” Hyun Joong said in his serious leader tone.

 

She watched them practice while her mind floated away towards the scene of introducing Hyun Joong to her parents the night before.  She had been pretty nervous and jumpy all day, waiting for the dinner where she would, for the first time, introduce her boyfriend to her parents.  She still thinks it was too fast for that, but Hyun Joong kept pestering her about it and after having enough of his persistence, she gave up and told her mother about him, with Jung Min as her back up, just in case if her mother thinks that Hyun Joong was too young for her.

 

But it turned out that her parents were glad that she finally opened up to someone, no matter of the age differences or his status, even though she felt it was a little absurd since she had dated before and Hyun Joong wasn’t the first person she ever has a romantic relationship with.  Probably not as long as she was with him.  5 months was her record now.  Normally, by the 2nd month she would be too bored of the man she’s dating as they all are so predictable.  But Hyun Joong was different.  She can never expect something normal from him and that was why she felt her feelings towards him growing each day.

 

And the dinner was no exception.  She never expected that he would be so formal and stiff in front of her parents.  He even sat in a 90 degrees stature.  The words he spoke were in the text-book format even after her father asked him to calm down and make himself comfortable.  He told them his feelings for her and his future plans, which she herself didn’t know of.  He wanted to be an entertainer, together with his band members, including Jung Min, and make their own songs.  And the most shocking, to her and even Jung Min, was that he planned to achieve all that within 3 years time which afterwards he wanted to have a family with her.  When her parents asked his reasons, he answered that he didn’t want to put her life in danger which made her family and her even more confused.  It turned out that he already planned out that he wanted 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls and for her to be able to give birth for the 4 virtual kids was for her to be under the age of 40.  Her parents liked and approved of him instantly, especially her mother where she straight away asked him to call her mommy.

 

Getting the approval from her parents, they decided that it was time to break the news to their friends and today was the day.  She understood the shock and reaction from Hyung Jun but the other two members, even though she wasn’t that close to them, seemed like they had anticipated that idea for quite some time now and when they confessed, the two didn’t seemed that surprised and happily congratulated the both of them.

 

Now, the only one left is my own roommate,’ she thought.

 

She was in her own thought thinking of the ways on how to tell her roommate about her relationship with Hyun Joong when she felt vibration in her pocket.  She took her phone out and read the text message.

 

‘Hello, darling.  Where are you? At Jung Min’s store?  Can we go out for awhile?  Oppa have something to tell you.  Meet you outside the store in 10 minutes.  Don’t reply if you agree.’

 

‘Gong Ji Cheol oppa? Have something to tell me?  What could that be?  In 10 minutes time?  The boys have just started practicing, and I don’t think we would go out for long.  So, I’ll be able to come back here in time before the practice end.’

 

When the boys ended their first song, Yoon Jae went over to Hyun Joong and told him about the message.  He wasn’t too eager to let her go but since he understood that she had known him so much earlier than him, he agreed.

 

“Make sure you tell him that you’re my girlfriend okay, if he says that he likes you.”

“Oh, come on now.  He’s just like a brother to me and I’m just a sister to him.”

“Just in case.  Let me accompany you to the front door to wait for him.  Take five, guys.”

“Uuuu…hyung is jealous,” teased Hyung Jun.

“I’m not jealous.  I’m just being cautious.  I have to hold the shield up from all the arrows,”  Hyun Joong answered, putting down his guitar and took her hand, walking towards the store’s entrance.

“Hyung?  What does that mean?” asked Hyung Jun, looking at the back of the two couple and when he didn’t get any reply, he then turned his sight back to the three people near him.

 

Young Saeng came forward and patted his shoulder,  shaking his head, “You have a long way to go.”

“What?” Hyung Jun asked, getting more and more confused.  

“ What?” he asked again but everyone else ignored him and continued to take a break.