The Wedding

A Song Calling For You

 

He walked back and forth in front of the store, contemplating whether he should enter it or not.  He knew she was waiting for him inside the store with Gong Ji Cheol, trying out outfits for the big day.  Standing nearer to the window, he tried to peek into the store but the main window display kind of limited his view.  He sighed.  He didn’t like the idea of seeing her with him but she really hoped he’d be there to see the special outfit.  And he can’t say no to her when she had that pleading look.  He gave out another sigh and braced himself.  Slowly he walked towards the entrance door and walked in.

 

“Annyong haseyo.  Welcome to Marion Bridal and Wedding Planner.  Are you the best man?”

“Ahh…no.  Where does the bride and groom change clothes?”

“Right this way sir.  The bride and groom is really a match made in heaven. You are a friend of theirs?”

 

He ignored the question.  He didn’t really felt like answering it and to his favor, the shop keeper stop pestering him with more questions and showed him to the changing room.

 

“They are currently in the changing rooms.  Please seat here while waiting for them.  Would you prefer cold or hot drink?”

“Cold please.  Coke.”

 

He waited there on the sofa, having a mix feeling while eyeing at the curtain separating the changing room and the waiting room.  Clearing his throat, he called out.

 

“Yoon Jae…you there?”

 

He didn’t receive a response but instead a head popped out from behind the curtain.

 

“Ah, you are here, Hyun Joong.  She’s still dressing up.  She’ll be right out,” Gong Ji Cheol stated, making him felt a tinge of anger and jealousy that he was there behind the curtain and him waiting outside.

 

“Hyung, have you tried your outfit yet?” he asked, trying to be polite and also diverting Ji Cheol’ s eyes away from Han Yoon Jae.

 

“De. I’ve chosen 2 outfits already for the ceremony and also for the photography session.  Hold on Hyun Joong, she’s coming out now.”

 

When he heard that Yoon Jae was coming out in the outfit, he was nervous.  Would he be okay seeing her like that?  He didn’t know what to expect and he didn’t have enough time to hundred percent braced himself when the curtain opened and she was standing there in the middle of the small stage wearing a beige color strapless gown.  His eyes went wide and his body stiffed.  Realizing his act, he tried hard to control his emotion from showing.

 

She’s so beautiful in that.  But I hate that her shoulder shown.  She should have worn something not too revealing.  And I hate that he was standing beside her.’

 

Gulping to ease the feelings he felt inside, he stood up and walked towards her.  Standing in front of the sweet angel that was smiling at him, he took off his jacket and covered Yoon Jae’s shoulder.

 

“Too revealing.  Don’t they have anything that cover the whole body?”

 

Both people in front of him laughed when he said that.  Gong Ji Cheol even held his stomach with one hand and the other he sat it on his shoulder, laughing uncontrollably.

 

What is so funny?’ he questioned himself, confused by the two.

 

Yoon Jae bent down a bit to whisper into his ear when her laughter subsided, “You’re jealous?  You know that I’m not the one going to wear this down the aisle, right?”

“Of course I know that!  Do you think I would be here if I knew you are not going to be mine?  But, is this really necessary for me to be here?  I’m really uncomfortable with all of this.”

“Hyun Joong-sshi… I want you to be here so that you could see me wearing all this pretty clothes…furthermore, I felt like I’m the one preparing for the wedding and showing this to my groom,” she said, continue to whisper.

 

He blinked a few times when he heard it.  ‘Is she trying to give me hints?

He backed off a little to see her expression and a shade of pink was clearly seen on her cheeks and the shy smile on her face proved his thought.

 

“Do you want to get married?  With me?” Kim Hyun Joong asked, aloud.

 

She smiled and dropped her gaze down.

 

“Hey!  What are you two doing?  We’re preparing for my wedding first.  Don’t try to steal the lime light from me and my bride.”

 

Both of them turned their heads towards the groom.  Seeing him standing there with both hands on his waist, he was clearly not very happy with what the two of them were discussing.  They have forgotten about him.

 

“Oppa…of course we won’t cut off your own ceremony.  We were merely discussing.  He’s not even proposing, right Hyun Joong?”

“Not yet, but I will.”  He looked at her when he gave his answer.

“Hyun Joong…both of us still have one more semester to complete our education and you still have to debut.  Remember what your management company mentioned before?   You are not allowed to marry during your training period and also the first year after the band’s debut.”

“But, you’re ready now.”

“What do you mean I’m ready now?  Do you want to get married now?  Are you out of your mind?”

“But, you said…”

“I’m just saying that this experience has somewhat opened my heart allowing me to see a future of us together.  But, I’m not saying that we have to tie the knot now.”

“Then, when?”

“When the time is right.  I’ll wait for you.  You have to set the future for us first.”

“Then, I have to wait too?”

“Yes.”

 

He turned his gaze back to Gong Ji Cheol who was obviously looking at the both of them in amuse.   

 

“Well, hyung, it looks like your wedding is saved.  Ours is going to be so far ahead in the future that you probably already have kids that could be the flower boy/girl.”

“Ya!  I didn’t say it would be that far ahead.”

“You said I have to set the future for us.  It would take a long time until I’m satisfied that I could give you everything.  And when that time comes, you just have to prepare yourself for me and other things will have been taken care of,” he answered seriously.

 

He saw her stunned face and after awhile she put a hand on his cheek and said, “You don’t have to prepare that much for me.  As long we could have each other and have all the necessary things, ask me and I would absolutely say yes.”

“Do you two love birds trying to envy me?  Just because my wife-to-be isn’t here, doesn’t give you the permission to make me all jealous.”

“Sorry, hyung.  Yoon Eun Hye-sshi is lucky to have you wait for her at the end of the aisle just as long as my Yoon Jae is just the bride’s maid.”

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about that,” laughed out Gong Ji Cheol as he made his way to get the call from his bride-to-be all the way from the United States where she had to work and missed her own wedding preparations.  Luckily Han Yoon Jae’s size was not that far of a difference from hers and thus the reason why her girlfriend had to help out with the wedding gown fitting.