Seunghyun's P.O.V.

Language Barrier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seunghyun's P.O.V.

 

Youngbae fetched me at my house and once we were out, we saw a dog sitting near the gate waiting for its owner.  

 

"Aww, that's cute." I heard Youngbae say, and at the same time, the dog and its owner came out. 

 

I looked at the dog's owner and realized that she was my neighbor. I've seen her a couple of times when I get back from work but couldn't pluck up the courage to talk to her. We normally just exchange glances when we meet.

 

"He knows when you compliment him." She smiled at us and I noticed the dog looking at Youngbae and I. 

"Really?" I heard Youngbae ask. He's really fluent in English.

"Yeah." She smiled and suddenly looked at me before saying hello to me.

 

I was surprised that she actually talked to me though I didn't speak much so it took me a while to respond to her. I didn't know what else to say and was really shy to talk to her so I just muttered a quick hello as well. I just hope she heard me. 

 

"Umm.. Can I touch him?" I heard Youngbae ask and when she agreed, he began petting the dog.

 

I just kept standing awkwardly there since I couldn't get myself to speak, and next thing I knew she was asking me something in English. I didn't quite get it so I quickly got Youngbae's attention and asked to translate what my neighbor said.

 

"She asked if you were afraid of dogs. Hyung, why don't you talk to her in English? You're not that bad." He said.

"I don't know.. how.. No I mean.. Aish, just tell her I'm not afraid of dogs." I quickly ended our conversation and he suddenly asked her her name.

"Oh. I'm Alyssa." I heard her say and they began talking to each other in English again.

 

So that's her name. Aish, really. I've been living here for quite some time already, and it's just now that I've learned her name. And to think I learned it because of my friend.

 

"Ya, what did you tell her?" I asked. As usual I was busy with my thoughts to actually pick up what they were talking about.

"I told her you're quite shy especially when speaking in English, and that you didn't quite get what she said a while ago. I also told her your answer to her previous question." He explained and I nodded.

"Ah. But, what did she say afterwards?" I queried once again.

"She said she doesn't understand Korean that much as well since she talks to her friends in English, but she knows some basic Korean words. Yah h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter