Slip of the Tongue

Language Barrier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the night went on, so did our conversation, and next thing we knew the cupcakes were all gone.

 

"Aish! I consumed so much sugar today.." I mumbled, pouting at my realization, when I heard her giggle.

"It's okay Seunghyun-ssi. What your trainer doesn't know won't hurt him.." She said, and we shared a laugh.

 

Suddenly, her dog came running towards where we were and sat in front of us, facing her. It barked once and turned its head onto the stairs' direction.

 

She checked her wall clock and smiled at me sadly.

 

"Sorry about that. It's just.. My dog's always like this when he wants to go to bed.." She chuckled and the dog went over to her and nudged her leg.

"We usually clock in at the same time. It's kind of like his habit." She said as she rubbed its head.

 

I looked at the clock as well and was shocked to see that it was almost 2am already.

 

"Well, I guess I'll take this as my cue to leave then?" I and her eyes slightly widened in surprise.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I didn't mean it that way.." She started but I quickly cut her off.

"Hey, don't worry. I was just kidding. But honestly, I do think I should leave as well. I have to be at the studio early tomorrow morning." I smiled and she did too, nodding.

"I'll help you with cleaning up our mess first though." I said and she agreed.

 

Soon, we finished clearing the table and cleaning up the traces of the cupcakes in no time.

 

"I'll walk you outside." She offered and I agreed.

"Thanks for today, and well, tonight. I'm sorry for intruding your sleeping hours." I apologized, as we walked along her garden.

"It's okay. Thanks for today, and tonight as well. I had a good time sharing stories over food." She smiled at me and I did the same.

"No problem. I had fun too! I hope we can do this again soon.." I mumbled the last part and she nodded at me.

"As long as we're both not busy, then we can." She said.

"You have my number. I'm just a call away." She shrugged before laughing and I did too.

"I'll keep that in mind. Bye." I said, waving at her, and she did the same.

 

***

 

Before I went to bed, I decided to go out onto the balcony for some fresh air. And well, just to think over some stuff. For some reason when I got there, I saw light at the corner of my eye, indicating that the light of my neighbor's balcony was on. My gaze followed it and landed on a figure that I recognized was Alyssa.

 

 

Alyssa's P.O.V.

 

"Let's go Jake." I told my dog as Seunghyun left and finally entered his home. 

 

After locking the gates, I went inside with my dog and headed upstairs, straight to his bed.

 

"Goodnight Jake." I patted his head as he lay comfortably on his favorite pillow, and soon his paw touched my arm, followed with a sigh.

 

I knew it was his way of saying goodnight to me. I smiled and rubbed his head one last time before heading to my room. As soon as I was done preparing myself for bed, I decided to head out to the balcony first and enjoy some time to think alone.

 

My mind was filled with different thoughts - from CN Blue, to my dog Jake, to my job, to Big Bang, and even Seunghyun..

 

I shook my head as I reminisced today's events. 

 

Guess someone heard me whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter