◘ 8

A Baker Gets Wet

Alice

"Okay, first of all, what the hell is going on?! Second, why can't you do thi- are you even listening to me?" I knew I was being quite rude and annoyingly loud. I myself, even thought so, but I couldn't help it. Key, Heechul, and I were going at it once again, and Key just decided to stick some ear buds into his ears, blast his music, and completely ignore me!

"HEY!" I all but screamed into his face and ripped a bud from his ear canal. "Listen to me." I said firmly, with quite an edge to my voice. We can all be somewhat intimidating when need be.

He growled at my tone of voice,

"Excuse me, Miss Perfect, but I am trying to listen to music on my break, instead of your pitchy squabble in my ear. Get out of my face, please. While I'm still being nice." I sighed harshly and turned to spot Heechul- my next target. If I can't get Key to help, then I'll go for the next acceptable person for this project. I stalked up to him and stuck a finger in his chest, pushing him forcefully. His head snapped up and I saw in his eyes was something like the look of a crazy person. I widened my eyes and retrieved my hand, and stepped back a good foot before asking him. I opened my mouth to speak,

"No, I'm busy." he interrupted before a sound could come out of my larynx. My hands were on my hips,

"What the hell could be so much more important than this?"

"I'm having fun with Minnie and his boyfriend." My ears literally twitched; any gossip is good gossip. I pulled a chair over to him and sat backwards in it, with my arms folded over the back. I leaned in,

"Minnie has a boyfriend?" I whispered heavily.

"Yeah, he's kinda cute. I think he's a lifeguard, maybe. I'm not too fond of detective descriptions- as long as he tells me all the juicy happenings." Heechul was still in a daze, but that didn't keep the smirk back. It slid lazily over his face, stretching into that evil look he never stopped throwing in people's directions.

"Uh. Hello?! I care!" I rolled my eyes. No one is being cooperative today! Hmm, what could get Heechul to help me?

"I got it!" an imaginative light bulb lit over my head, as I snapped my fingers, and I could picture the satisfied look on my face. I got Heechuls curious stare. I smiled with my teeth but it was more like baring teeth before war- it didn't reach my eyes.

"If you help me.." I blew hot air on the shell of his ear, "I swear Hannie will let you top next time." I growled the last part dangerously low, and moaned just for extra effect. By glancing to his southern region I could tell I'd succeeded. I didn't even want to know what thoughts were racing through his head right about now- I don't think anyone does. I straightened up and looked down at him with a raised brow; silent questions and thoughts flowed between us.

How do you know he tops?

Anyone can tell.

Who all knows?

Didn't I just say everybody? *eye roll*

What do you want? *glare*

Help me, and I'll leave you alone.

What did you say earlier? *eyebrow* I sighed, this silence was getting to me. If anyone passed us now, they'd think we were having a serious staring contest.

"I'll make sure Hangeng will let you top." his eye twitched. I had a sense he was repeating it over and over and over in his head. Heechul will top. Heechul will top. Heechul will top. Heechul. Will. Top. God, What a addict. I snapped a finger in between his eyes; what's with people spacing out on me lately?

"Hey! Snap out of it! Just get up and help!" I grabbed his arm, and pulled him into the building and up the stairs. We walked down the hallway, passing Dara, Sooyoung, and Sulli-who were consuming a healthy portion of ramen on their own break, not even noticing us- to the extra kitchen(A/N: yes, an extra kitchen, shut up. ) I heaved the door open and pushed Heechul in front of me,

"So, what exactly is your concept?" he asked curiously,

"Just sit tight.." I winked, I had to go get an extra white cake we always had in stock, in case one of the bakers/decorators had a random surge of inspiration. By the time I was coming back, the cake almost fell out of my hands, because I saw Sungmin being carried by a random stranger towards the stairs. Is Minnie kissing his neck?

What the hell was that? Does no one tell me anything lately? Oh my god.

I stood rooted to the ground for a solid minute, trying to decipher the different sounds on this story. The trio in the break room fighting over the last bowl of noodles, the AC pounding through the walls, random creaks from the floor- and then there it was. A sound that gave anyone, except Hangeng, chills. Probably the worst sound in the world; it beat out nails scratching a chalkboard and rotten singing- or maybe it was a combination of both- anyway, it was the sound of Heechul's wild, dry, witchy cackling. I cringed away from the thought of having to face a witty Heechul in the next 3 seconds, but my legs beat me to it, because before I knew it, my back was pushing the heavy door open, and I stood face to face with a devil.

Author

The two faced each other silently before Alice stuck the cake into Heechuls arms, moving towards the supply closet to grab different colors of fondant and cream. She placed them on the table, went back to the cupboards and retrieved spatulas, spoons, bowls, cream bags, cake stands, rolling pins, measuring cups, baking spoons- the necessities, and went to make the butter cream. Meanwhile, Heechul just remained standing in his former position, having placed the cake onto the cake stand he stood with his arms latched behind his back and rocked on the balls of his feet. He in his cheeks and moved his lips- like a fish.

Alice was now turning the mixer up to full speed. She'd have to wait for a moment for the butter to get beaten to an off-white color before adding any other ingredients. Turning, she now noticed the latter was doing nothing but dazing, again. Her hands attached themselves to her hips, and she cleared ,

"Are you going to help or not? Because if you keep-.." she trailed off, seeing as Heechul had now snapped out of his dream, and was now moving the things on the tables around- arranging and rearranging; a reflex every body in the bakery does due to Eunhyuk's OCD. Alice sighed, this is going to take a while.

- - - - -

By the time they finished with the cake, they were both on their third layer of flour and little dabs of food coloring painted both aprons. They looked at each other and had to resist the urge to laugh- it would send the flour off in waves- they both looked like mimes from Italy. All they needed were the striped shirts, black slacks, and floppy hats. Alice eyed the cake, and grinned hard, it turned out just like she imagined, all colors and things in place. Turning to Heechul she saw that he was staring at her lips meaningfully, while chewing his own, and looked in deep thought.

"Thanks Heechul, I couldn't have asked for better help. It's perfect." Alice murmered, still in a slight daze looking at the masterpiece.

"Huh? Oh..yeah. Anytime, you know I love decorating," Heechul flipped his hair and sighed, "now about that promise.." he turned towards her and smirked, "get a move on."

Before Heechul left, the duo shared a brief look at each other before he glanced at the cake and back to Alice, with his brow slightly creased, he muttered a barely audible 'weirdo' and escaped into the hall.

 

Authors Note:

Yep. I have nothing to say. This chapter is lame..no action in here, but I guess it's leading up to the next one..

Ermm, I haven't updated in a while..Sorry about that . So much has been going on..

I hung out with friends last Saturday and Friday, and the ones before that so I clearly didn't have any time to write. I'll see what I can do to update tomorrow..I'll probably go to work though.

My 'dad' is still a fxcking bxtch I would just LOVE to shank.

I'm watching Wipeout while writing this and waiting for my parents to come home.

I'm actually tired, since I went to bed at 5:00am this morning. It's 9:07pm.

Soo, yeah. I guess this is a filler. I didn't feel like putting any or fluff in it..

Yeaaahhh..

And then my parents came home..

- - - - - - TOP.

- - - - - -  HOLY , DONGHAE.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO