◘ 6

A Baker Gets Wet

Eunhyuk

I was falling. I felt it more than saw it...my arms flailing around my body searching uselessly for something to latch onto. I had no stomach left, as the tears flew from my face, into the darkness enclosing me. The free fall had wind rushing up around me as I toppled through the air. For a quick moment, I caught a glimpse of the bottom- sharp, jagged rocks, surrounded by black, merciless waves of water.

"Baby..Wake up, Please." I heard the wind whisper snakily into my ear and for a moment a tendril of silvery wind caught me, suspending me for a milisecond making me feel lightless like a feather. I felt my eyes search frantically but nothing was visible through the thick darkness, and I found myself rushing towards my earlier destination- a nasty end for me in my near future.

"HEY. GET UP. IT'S  NOT REAL." the air around me shuddered and tossed me around causing me to flip head over heels in a stomach-squeezing rotation. That voice..it sounded so familiar. I painful breath finally escaped my tightened lungs, and I whispered a tearful sob into the black,

"Mom? Is that really you? I though you were-" my voice caught behind my tonsils, and my tongue felt too heavy to lift when the tears popped  out, like before, and raced upward from the rush of wind.

"NO, I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER. IT'S ME...DONGHAE. YOU'RE HAVING A NIGHTMARE. WAAAKE UUP!" and the air shifted around me, I saw a patch of white leak through, catching one of my eyes blinding me for a solid second before being swallowed back up. I thrashed around violently and felt my my hand make contact with something soft. Not knowing what it was that I was touching, I snatched it back and cradeled it against my chest, resurrecting from my almost-heart-attack. My legs were going crazy now, though, and words slipped through my lips every now and then. Out of nowhere, I felt a sudden enclosure of warmth and protection around my body- as if an angel had their wings and arms wrapped around me. Pausing my actions for a beat or two, I found myself being jerked out of a bottomless fall, into the arms of my hero.

I snapped  to reality with Donghae's arms around me whispering sweet nothing's into my ear. His strong arms and chest were warmth against the cold air in my room. I must've kicked my blanket off while thrashing around from my nightmare. Once he realized I was awake but still shivering while crying, he shifted under me and I found myself cold once again against freezing sheets. He stood up to leave,

"You had a nightmare..Want me to bring you a glass of water?" he asked with an innocent expression. I studied him for a second, but my mind was to hazy from all the crying and adrenaline at this hour- I looked at the clock- 2:39 am. I hoarsely sighed and nodded my head a fraction. He wisped out of the door and padded silently to my kitchen. I heard him pour water, from the jug I always kept in my fridge, into a glass. Upon hearing the fridge door open and shut one more time, I realized I haven't done anything so I started looking for my blanket. I spotted it in a corner lazing around on half of my desk chair and the floor. My nightmare seemed more like I'd been sleepwalking. I heard the door creak slightly, and my eyes jerked back to towards Hae..I mean, ehem..Donghae. He met my gaze and offered a shy smile which confused me. This wasn't the lifeguard I knew from earlier. This guy was totally different, his hair was tugged into different positions(which made me giggle), he was really nice to me, and now he was shy all of a sudden? I looked at his face and I noticed he'd been standing there for a solid minute while I was observing him holding out the glass partially filled with water. I blushed hard, completely embarrassed of my actions and accepted the glass with my head hung low. I sipped some water and held the glass in my hands, feeling like crap. My cheeks felt heated, my stomach twisted and for a split second I felt acid wind down the sides of my cheeks- it felt like I was going to vomit. I felt Donghae's calloused finger under my flushed face bringing it up. 
"What's wrong?" he asked quietly. I struggled over words and furrowed my brow not knowing what to say. 
"I..uh..How bad was it.?" and THAT'S when I noticed a red handprint on the side of his cheek. Gasping, I rushed to stand up completely forgetting the glass of water in my hands and spilled water all over his shirt and sweats. 
"Oh!" I said surprised and dropped the glass, landing directly in between our feet crashing loudly; the glass shards digging into both of our legs. I yelped and started to move but he grabbed my hand scaring me so I jumped. Back on solid ground I felt a sharp pain in my heel and soft flesh between it and my toes. My knee gave out and I ended up in Hae's arms.
"Pabo." he whispered lifting me and pressing me to his wet chest and carefully walking around the shards, out of my room. I silently cried from the pain in my foot when he put me down on the couch looking at me worriedly. He spun on his heel to leave but I grasped his wrist quickly before he took another step out of reach. His head turned to look at me with playful eyes despite the situation we were currently in. He sauntered backwards and leaned down pecking my cheek,
"I'll be right back, baby. I needa find the first aid kit." he winked while I was frozen in place. My cheeks blushed and my head was was pulled down by gravity.
"Kitchen-cabinet-fridge.." I mumbled, my head refusing to lift itself up properly ignoring the burning pain that knawed at the nape of my neck.
"I'm sorry, could you speak up? I couldn't hear- hey, what's wrong? Look at me.." again, I felt his finger fit under my chin and tilt my head backwards. I stared at him, really stared at him. He was undeniably handsome; chesnut colored hair, chocolate eyes, pearly white, straight, teeth, and a breath-taking smile. His body was in wonderful shape, giving the job he worked for was to save drowning persons and he might want to have the upper body he has now- and stick with it. His legs were long, but they might've been a tiny bit shorter than my own, his feet were HUGE! You know, they say guys with big feet have big di- I coughed, feeling my cheeks burn. 
"Helloo? You've been checking me out a lot lately, you know? Hey..why are you blushing? Thinking negative, babe?" he started laughing lightly when the fire spread over my whole face leaving me beet red. I wrapped my arms around myself, and leaned forward but made sure my foot stayed off the hard wood. 
I repeated what I said, only this time quite loudly, actually I think I almost busted his eardrum with my sudden outburst, but all he did was chuckle and run a hand through my hair lightly wiggling his fingers so that it'd ruin  my hair. 
"I'll be right back, stop pouting. And make sure you don't bump your foot, got it?" I pulled my lip back in and nodded meakly. He straightened up from his crouch and left to the kitchen. Hearing him rummage around my cabinets and drawers, sent my hands into a frenzy. They reached up to my hair tugging at the strands, flew to my mouth as I chewed my nails down to stubs, and landed in my lap intertwined, leaving my thumbs room to twiddle. A few more minutes of that chaos, and my OCD started to kick in. My eyes searched vehemently for a way to the kitchen without tripping over any pieces of furniture. I ended up leaning all of my weight through my arm onto the couch hopping around it to the doorway. Getting closer to the opening, I heard silent curses slip through the lips of that y bea- Donghae. That Donghae...was-I turned the corner and peeked into my kitchen that once was nice and sterile, polished white, and sparkling- my kitchen was RUINED! Pots and pans poured out of open cabinet doors, and I spotted a few liquids littering the floor with their goo. 
"Ah!" I yelled out, scaring Hae making him jerk upwards, hitting his head on the cabinet. I heard him groan in pain, but I was too baffled to say anything staring at the messy room. Little squeaks left my mouth, my eyes never once resting, and in the corner of them I saw him pull his head out of the last cupboard with a prize in his hand. He grinned widely, holding up a bottle of clear liquid- the stuff I used to make homemade medicine- 9% alcohol Vodka.
"H-Hae..m-my kitchen.." I whispered quietly, for a quick minute, his smile disappeared and he glanced around my kitchen.
"Oh yeah.." he frowned a little, but his gaze landed back on mine and he sheepishly smiled. He walked towards me evilly, and paused when I held up my hand.
"What now?" he sighed deeply, as I pointed down at my lifted foot. His eyes shot downwards and he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest. I blushed hard and stared up at him, starting to say something but I was cut off when his lips were forced onto mine. I felt his tongue roll over my chapped lip, but I remained ignorant. He crushed my lips with his a bit painfully and I groaned through my lips. His empty hand grazed over my waist tickling me slightly and I giggled breaking away from his lips. He breathed on my chin and I averted my eyes to the door, still wrapped in his strong arms. I hopped on one leg and our lips brushed; my face blew up in a rose-colored betrayal to my thoughts, but my heart thumped around in my scrawny rib cage. He pulled his mouth into a closed-lip grin and his eyes were little crescents.He looked like a dinosaur/fishy.
"Let's get that fixed..then we can have some fun.." he chuckled at my shocked reaction and kissed my cheek bones under the outer corners of my eyes.
 
The butterflies in my stomach never settled down, even when he placed me gently onto the couch, running back to the kitchen for the kit. I rolled my eyes at my own behavior, and sighed heavily, crossing my legs. 
"Why so serious?" I heard him growl in my ear, and I shivered.
"Yah!" I swung my arms around and hit his back somehow.
"Agh! Oww!" he groaned and rubbeed his back, and placed the kit on my coffee table. He opened it and pulled a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide and a couple of cotton swabs. Filling the cap with the liquid, he dipped an end of the swab into it and moved it slowly to the cuts. My hand landed on his bare shoulder and I squeezed it gently. He eyes flicked to mine, making eye contact for a second, and he started whispering again, those sweet meaningless words.
He touched the tip of the swab to a cut and rubbed. Almost immediately I felt the jabbing pain in my heel, shoot up my leg and twange around in my nervous system. My hand clawed into his shoulder, and he hissed, but it was nothing compared to the feeling in my foot.
"Hae.." I whimpered, hating the way I sounded so weak in front of him.
"Shh, we have to clean it, you don't want an infection now, do you?" he whispered, replacing the swab in it's previous position. 
"Oww~ Ow~!" I whined quietly, a random tear escaping my left eye. He ignored my pleas and pulled out a pair of tweezers, making me gasp, and grabbed a piece of glass in my heel. I twitched my head and my heart picked up its pace, switching from a steady andante to an allegro. My eyes squeezed shut, one hand clutching the couch cusions til my knuckles were white, the other on Hae's shoulder digging in, I squealed a little when he tugged at the shard. One of my eyes cracked open, and I peeked at his grim face,
"Stop staring..you're making me nervous, baby." he raised an eyebrow, but kept his eyes focused on my foot.
"Can you please stop calling me that?" I asked restlessly.
"Calling you what?"
"Please..like you don't know."
"Don't know what?"
"The word!"
"What word?" he tore the glass from my flesh,
"BABY!!" i shouted. He looked at me through his lashes, and smiled ily.
"It sounds like you're having with me, already." he smirked. I hit his arm and blushed.
 
 
A/N:
Hi yeom.
 
(RAWR)
Response to Amber:
 
 
 
Yeah. Well..I haven't written Kyumin in a while, so next chapter will be that.
 
 
Sorry if this chapter seems kinda distant. I was watching 'Remember the Titans' while writing it..it's a good movie, but one of the players dies D;
 
 
 
I've had alotta Ramen this week.. ^^ So, I feel Asian. LOL x)
 
 
 
I started another fic called, 'I Don't Know'...I don't really know why. I have LOTS more ideas and they're all different. Maybe I'll do a series of one-shots later..
 
 
Well, my head is kinda aching now D: So, I'm gonna go eat some Subway..Eat Fresh ;D
 
 
Jonghyun is definitely eating Key's ear O.O
 
 
I could bite a piece of Amber..HAHA x)
 
 
Swell. I will now go. :) Hope you liked this Chappie~
P.S. This Chapter is the for Saturday's..so NO, I won't be updating tomorrow.