◘ 7

A Baker Gets Wet

Sungmin

My tongue darted out to my chapped lips as I concentrated hard on making this cake look perfect. I slid my spatula over the sides smearing the cream into the look I wanted. Lately, the bakery has been busy-busy with everyone buzzing around trying to complete orders by darting between moving carts and carried trays. I finished with this one and stuck it in the fridge, reaching for the second tier. I held the door with my hip and tried to get a hold of the other circular velvet cake. My fingers barely brushed the bottom of the tray it was sitting on quite smugly, and I tried to hold back my groan of frustration- failing. Scooting closer, it looked like I wanted to close myself in the cold container and I glowered at the mocking sponge.

"Let me get that for you." I heard a voice behind me say and I didn't have to turn around to know that Hangeng would be standing there with a teasing grin on his face as he made fun of me.

I huffed and moved away from the cold; crossing my arms. He is one of the minor show-offs here, next to his boyfriend Heechul. Heechul, Key, and Alice are the major show-offs. Sure, Alice works at the counter, but boy can she decorate a cake! Especially when holidays come around, like Christmas, when things get pretty hectic, you can just feel the blazing glares dig into each other. The thing was most of the people working here, were in a realationship with another employee. Minus Key, Eunhyuk, I and some other people they would sometimes go on double dates during their breaks. Like Onew and Bom would go with Alice and Henry. Or Heechul and Hangeng with Minho and Taemin. Not to say that it bothered any of us, because lately, I've been getting some. Tehe. No seriously, I go to the pool and I meet with Kyu. I'm not exactly sure what our relationship status is currently sitting on, but I'm pretty confident to say we're more than friends.

Hangeng turned around with his prize resting in the palms of his hands, smirking. Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I extended one of my own so that I could continue with my masterpiece. He pulled back a little and I saw his smirk falter just a smidgen. When I looked up at his eyes, they weren't on me, but above my head. I sighed,

"Hangeng, please. Not now, I've got work to do."

"You heard him." My eyes widened. I felt the blood rush out of my cheeks. It was another voice I knew by heart..Kyuhyun. I grabbed the cake from Heechul's lover and stormed back to my work table, thankfully secluded from the other co-workers. I peeked back over to the refrigerators and saw Hangeng gazing thoughtfully in my direction. Pretending not to see him, I wrapped my mind around the cake on my table, plopped a nice amount of cream in the center, and began to smear. I finally finished this one after a good 10 minutes, and headed back to the fridges. I carried the tray carefully, and kept a steady eye in the direction of my route. My feet barely lifted of the ground, so it looked like I was skating. That's probably why I didn't see the chair in front of my legs. And probably why I ended up tripping. For a solid second, it seemed like my heart froze, and my eyes were screwed shut when I felt myself start to fall. Before I could reach the floor, something that felt like a seatbelt wrapped around my waist and jerked me backwards.

It was like one of those movies, where something dreadful happens in slow motion. The cake and it's tray slid from what seemed like my solid clutch and toppled through the air. If only cakes landed upright, like Key's cat always did, and not upside down. But no, this was reality and reality is a pain in the . I heard the cake splat and the cream flew in every direction. Some landed on my face, but I was limp, in you-know-who's arms. I almost fell to my knees, if his grip hadn't gotten stronger and kept me on my weak feet. I stared for what seemed like hours- or minutes- or seconds, I don't really know, but that cake I had tried so hard to make was now lying on the floor. Swallowing my anger, frustration, and stupidity, I turned around and tugged him down to meet my lips. He was surprised at first, but soon he started replying to my forced kiss. I kissed him pretty hard, I guess, probably even bruising the soft skin a little but at the moment I didn't care. I just let my frustration seep through the violent attack portraying it to the other man.

I pulled back only to be yanked back in once again. I lifted my arms around his neck and felt his fingers brush the skin under my shirt touching my hips. It was slower this time around, so I let myself enjoy his presence before he had to go. His tongue was in my mouth, tracing my teeth, the roof of my mouth, and in turn, I his tongue. I moaned wantonly and felt his eyelashes brush my eyelids. We were forced apart by the need for air, and because someone had their hand squeezing the life from my wrist. I frowned and looked down.

I followed the arm up to the face and became more confused than ever to see Kyuhyun with the angriest expression I've ever seen. Wasn't I just kissi-?

I looked back at the figure I'd been kissing earlier- Heechul?! My head snapped back to Kyu, and I saw betrayal in his eyes. Sadness, anger, betrayal, and worst of all the thought that he could trust me. I looked between Heechul and Kyuhyun speechless for a while before Kyuhyun said,

"Well. I never really thought I'd say this but, screw you Sungmin." and with that he his heel and swiftly left the room. I heard the double doors slap against each other until I noticed I was still in Heechuls arms. He smirked when I pushed him off,

"Don't you have a ing boyfriend?!" I hissed in his direction before storming off after my lover. I heard wild cackling come from behind me but continued sprinting down the hall. I rounded the corner and bumped into him, falling hard on my .

"Oww." I whimpered and rubbed the sore area. I heard him groan and then I was being lifted. My arms automatically wrapped themselves around his neck and I inhaled the familiar scent.

"I'm listening." he said, more like growled, into my ear. I exhaled with a breathy chuckle,

"Sorry..I can explain." and placed a soft kiss under his jaw.

 

Author's Note:

Hi. I'm super-duper sorry Dx

For updating so late...My sister was visiting us for 2 weeks. And she came on the day I was gonna update(like two weeks ago) so I couldn't update then. And the Saturday after that, we went to the zoo.

And Sunday, went to the Aquarium.

Happy me xD

but it was SO tiring, cause of the kids.

So, erm..not sure when the next update will be D: Got some drama going with KyuMin..gotta make this thing a little livelier, don't you think?

Ok :) Comment! Tell me what to do next..and tell me what you like/dislike about this.

*Subscribe/Comment/Book Mark* -add me as a friend :O

Adios~