◘ 10

A Baker Gets Wet

Author

"So, what do you think is going on in there?" whispered a teenage boy mischievously. 

"No clue." murmured another.

"How about we find out?"

"Jongin, I can't get into any more trouble and you know that." the older sighed.

"Suit yourself." he shrugged, getting up from their hiding place behind the shrubbery. He had one leg around a bush when a hand tripped him up.

"If I'm not going, neither are you."

"Damn it Kyungsoo," he hissed squinting at his aching palms in the dark, "fine then, I'll take Sehun." 

"I said no."

"Are you my mother?"

"Partially." he grinned at the younger, more handsome boy, who rolled his eyes in return.

"If you have nothing better to do than to crash fancy parties, then I feel sorry for you and your future. Find a job, loser."

"I don't need a job. And you know that." he mocked.

"Ugh. I seriously don't get you. You're one of them," Kyungsoo waved at those nicely dressed people entering the event, unwanted jealousy briefing his belly before he squashed it down, "and you act like you hate them. Why?"

"It's none of your business, but if you want to be like one of them, just say those magic words." Jongin smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh shut up." he sighed. Jongin would never grow up. "I think it's about time we left."

"Can't I just--"

Kyungsoo turned to look at the boy, raising an eyebrow, "What did I say?"

"Oh my god, I swear if Sehun is already in there--"

"They're not even here, now come on." he tugged at the others wrist, ignoring his shocked look, forcing them to stumble over each other and lie face down in the grass. 

"My bad." Kyungsoo mumbled into the dirt. He felt an odd pressure on his legs that wasn't there before.

"Kai are you--? Kai?" , he thought, Kai probably left. You know what? Screw Kai and his messed up mind, I have a basketball game to watch tonight.

He did a mental eye roll and got to his feet only to get yanked back down. I'm so done with this sneaking around.

"I don't remember letting you leave." someone whispered hotly into his ear.

He shivered from the chills running down his spine, and the fear spiking through his veins. That certainly was not Kai's voice.

"W-Who are you?"

"Shut up."

"Wh--"

"I said, hush." the voice hissed towards Kyungsoo as the latter whimpered in fear. He was crouched down in a very uncomfortable position and forced into silence. He heard a couple of voices near them and fade away, must be some party-goers. 

"What do you want from me?" he trembled, until he was released. He quickly shot up from his hiding place and broke into a sprint towards the party building.

"Hey whoa! I was playing around-- Donghae tell that boy--"

"Ugh!" Kyungsoo grunted as he ran into a hard wall beside the door he was aiming for.

"Bahaha! DID YOU SEE THAT DONGHAE! OH MY GOD THAT WAS PRICELESS!" Kyungsoo grumbled as he picked himself off of the ground for the umpteenth time and swiped dirt away from his favorite jeans. He leaned down to clean his VANS when he heard a:

"Daaaamn, nice ." he went rigid as the blood flowed into his cheeks. Instead of bending for his shoes, he gently tugged them off and rubbed the edge of his sleeve on the dirty places as he leaned against the building. Where was Kai when you needed him? 

"Oh hey, Donghae hyung!" Speak of the devil. Their voices were a ways away. Far enough to make their voices a tad muted. The guy that was behind him lit a cigarette, and tugged in a puff, before blowing it into the side of Kyungsoo's face. 

"Oh, Kai, what are you doing here? Planning to crash this party?"

Kyungsoo twisted his face in disgust, and scooted away from the man.
"Umm, I'm actually looking for my boyfriend."

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, his name's Kyungsoo." Eh? Kyungsoo's eyes doubled their average wide-eyed size, as he turned to look at the man.

Said man pulled the cigarette from in between his lips and hacked some sickening coughs towards the ground,

"This is disgusting." he said, and dropped the cancer stick onto the cement, squashing the nicotine and substance from the rolled up paper.

Kyungsoo was so confused, he momentarily forget about his earlier shock and stared at the man before him.

"Oh, Kyuhyun, you found my boyfriend." Kai rounded the corner in time to see Kyungsoo trying to, not-so-stealthily, sneak away from his hyung. He let out an annoyingly loud laugh,

"What'd you do this time, hyung?"

He stuck out his tongue and scrunched up his face,

"I was smoking to look cool in front of this kid." he coughed again and Kyungsoo slid away in disgust. Standing behind Kai, he looked at the two men in front of him, apparently Donghae and Kyuhyun.

Donghae gave a sharp look to Kyuhyun,

"You're an idiot. I don't understand why you do these things." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes,

"You're no fun. Where're the others?"

"Others?" Kai's eyes lit up in interest. Uh-oh.

"No--"

"Oh yeah! Sungmin, Hyukjae, Jonghyun, and Key. They're all here." wait, what?

"Key hyung? As in Kim Kibum? He's here?" Kyungsoo eyed the group in front of him.

"You know him?" All three of them asked together.

"Whut? Nope, no I don't." Kyungsoo scratched his neck and sighed.

Kai wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist,

"Smooth, babe." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. 

Great. How was he going to get out of this one? He looked around at the guys looking at him.

A/N:

-clears throat-

So. Erm. 

Hihi ^^

I guess this was a filler chapter?

I wrote some Kaisoo ^O^

Can I shamelessly advertise my new exo fic?

Yes Way

 

Kyungsoo and Kai have been dating for about a month now until, suddenly, Kyungsoo calls it quits. It baffles every body, even himself. The ace and the jock seemed happy together. No one really knew the answer to Kyungsoo's behavior. 

Fast forward three years. 

Sehun is Kyungsoo's dorm mate. Kai is Sehun's best friend, that is constantly hanging around their dorm. Will the touches be enough to last? The looks, glances, feather-light lingers. 

They are both getting to the point of ual frustration. Kyungsoo and Kai both have had it to their limit before they both decide enough is enough.