Let's Have A Lunch Date - Part 2

More Than Friends

“Yah pabo! Where are we even going?” You yelled out as you tried to catch up with Jay but his long legs and wide steps made it hard to do so.

“That’s pabo oppa to you!”

The citizens around were giving you two the look but you quickly shook it off.

You rolled your eyes at his remark and shook your head; you were finally catching up to him. You didn’t even bother to take a look around at where you guys were going because you were too preoccupied with Jay.

You looked up to his face when you finally got next to him and noticed he was smiling. His eyes were curved and his teeth were bright. The sun rays were hitting his face perfectly, making his features stand out. His jawline was present and his lips were plump from the side. His warm tan stood out and the star tattoos on his neck showed. Today he was wearing a black v-neck that showed off the outline of his muscular arms and body. You could almost see his abs, but barely. Your mouth slightly hung open as you stared at your oppa while you two “walked.” He slowly turned to you and both of your eyes met. As if it was instinct, you quickly turned your attention forward. Why? Well. Let me get this into your head. You were staring at him. It was so obvious. Your mouth was open and your eyes looked like it was about to pop out of your head. You didn’t want Jay to see that obviously.

He always mesmerized you somehow… You always fell in a “trance” around him. No one knew why or how… It just happened and you couldn’t control it. He was amazing like tha—

You felt yourself lose balance and tumbling over until you felt a warm hand tightly grasp on your wrist and swiftly pulled you up. You stopped moving and looked straight. Jay bent down a bit to your level to see your face. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” You straightened up and he let go of your hand as you two started walking again.

“You really are clumsy Shinhye... Tripping over a rock…” He murmured but loud enough for you to hear. Your cheeks flushed red from embarrassment. “Shut up Jaebeom.”

 

The walk to the secret place didn’t take too long and you looked at the cute building. You took a look around. It looked familiar to you. Jay walked ahead of you and held the door open with a smile.

“Thanks.” You walked in and he followed after. His eyes stayed on you as you scanned the room.

Brick walls.

White uniforms.

Café.

Familiar.

Too familiar.

You looked up to Jay with your mouth slight parted.

“You remember?”

“Isn’t this where—“ You paused to make sure and he nodded.

A small gap appeared on your lips and you gasped. “This is where we first met!”

He chuckled as he pushed you softly to a table and you sat down. He sat in the chair in front of you and you looked around. His eyes wandered from the table to your face. He looked at you admiringly. He studied your features, your cheekbones, your double-lidded brown eyes, the way your bangs covered a fair amount of your forehead everything. His look wasn’t that of lust, no—Definitely not. A smile grew on his face and you looked at him.

“Wow, this place hasn’t changed…”

“You haven’t been here?”

“No… I stopped coming here ever since you left…” You looked down at your lap, remembering that time.

All of the emotions—loneliness, anger, sadness—it was all coming back to you. It always did whenever you thought of your best friend leaving you. Jay was also looking at the table in silence, the same emotions running throughout his body. His eyes looked up to your face and he smiled.

“Aww, you felt so lonely without me.” He teased.

You glared a bit at him and shook your head, “Psh, no. What are you talking about?”

“Mhmm, admit it. Come on, you know ya can’t pull one on Jay Park.”

“I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about.” You scoffed and rolled your eyes.

A waitress came over to the table with a pencil and notepad in her hand.

“Would you guys like to order?”

“Ah yea, can I have coffee?” Jay asked and looked at you after.

“I’ll get a frappucino.” The waitress nodded as she wrote down the orders.

“Anything else?”

“No, I’m fine.” You looked at Jay who had a small wide-eyed expression. “Oh no, it’s okay.” The waitress walked away.

“Yah, I thought you were hungry.”

“I ate already.”

“What? When?” He raised an eyebrow.

“When I was in the library. I had a sandwich.”

“Ohhh… that time when I went to the bathroom.”

“Yes. Which was the only time that you left me alone.”

“Heh, then why did you come with me if you weren’t hungry?”

“You dragged me into it! Why did YOU invite me if you weren’t going to eat?”

He smiled and looked into your eyes. “I wanted to hang out with you all day today.”