His Friendly Visit

More Than Friends

“Hey Shinhye. I have something to tell you.”

Jay said as he looked into the horizon. You two were on your usual walk and the sun was about to set. You looked at him, his face looking better than usual—which was strange because he looked completely gorgeous every single day. You didn’t realize that you were completely staring at him with your mouth slightly hanging open. He raised an eyebrow.

“Yo, stop staring at me.”

You blinked and came back to earth, to see Jay looking straight into your eyes.  Your throat felt like it was drying and closing up. You gulped and realized that he was coming closer and closer to you which made you unconsciously move back.

He noticed your reaction and stopped, looked at your hand and held it tightly. You glanced at your joined hands and blushed a bit as you looked up to your face. This was weird; he has never looked so intently into your eyes before.

“Shinhye?” He finally said softly.

“Y-yeah?” Why were you stuttering?

“What if… I told you that I liked you?”

Your eyes widened. L-like? As in… Like-like? “What do you mean?”

“I mean, I want you to be my girlfriend.”

He pulled you close and soon your lips caressed and were now fully pressed up against each other. You saw him with his eyes closed as you tried to register the moment into your mind and slowly closed your eyes along with him. Now you were finally kissing your best friend.

 

You opened your eyes slowly to see the welcoming sun that you hated so much in the morning. You sat up and looked around; you were in your room. It-it was just a dream. Sighing in slight disappointment, you looked around for your phone and looked at the time. “Oh boy, school.” You let out a groan and rubbed your eyes tiredly.

And with that, you got up from your comfortable bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

You stood in front of the mirror and examined yourself. You tuck a loose strand of hair that you forgot to curl behind your hair and stood straight, nodding in approval.

“Looking good there bestie.” A voice said from the door. You turned your head a bit to the side and saw Jay standing by the doorway with a smile on his face. He tilted his head, “Curls?”

You nodded and smiled, “Yep. Don’t I look cute?”

He said nothing but that cute smile remained on his face. No, you look beautiful.

“I’m going to take that as a yes.” You grabbed your bag and walked past him, going downstairs with him trailing behind you.

“Where you going?”

You stopped by the door and put on your shoes. “School.”

“Can I come with you?”

You paused and looked at him with an eyebrow raised, “Why?”

“Cause I want to…”

“No, you can’t. You need an ID.”

“I’m Jay Park. I can get in anywhere.”

“It’s still a no. You’re not coming with me.”

“Why not~?” Jay whined as he did that cute pout of his.

You looked at him sadly, slowly giving into his aegyo but you shook your head and opened the door. “Goodbye Jay.” You smiled before closing the door on him and heading to school.

With a small smirk on his face, Jay took out his phone and pushed several buttons before putting his phone back in the pockets of his gym shorts. He stood in front of the door for several seconds with a smile on his face before turning around and throwing a towel in the air with it landing perfectly on his shoulder. We’ll see about that.

You just got onto the bus and took your seat when your phone vibrated in your bag. You took it out and saw a new message.

 

Jaebeom <3: [Hm. Well that was rude. How dare you shut the door on the famous Jay Park’s face? Whatever man, I’ll get you later.]



The corner of your lips hitched upwards as you read his text and you shook your head. “Babo.”

 

You finally arrived on your university campus and you stopped in your tracks as you admired the beauty. It had a huge open field with beautiful trees and flowers—it was definitely a breathtaking view. You took a deep breath as you walked through the big doors. The university definitely had to be paid with a lot of money. Since the education was pretty good, it was worth it. You were at an advantage though. Since you had exceptionally good grades and talents, you had earned scholarships to this pristine school. You were pretty lucky.

 The bells rang which signaled for everyone to be in class. You took your seat as everyone settled in.

“Welcome back everyone. I hoped you enjoyed your weekend.” The professor greeted as he walked to his podium.

The class turned to their partners and began a small conversation on the topic about their weekend. You rolled your eyes in amusement and shook your head. Yeah, drowning and ending up having to go to the hospital. What a great weekend.

“Alright, alright. Settle down while I take attendance.” He said as he opened his folder that contained his student’s names. He began calling them one-by-one and they raised their hands saying “here.” Everyone seemed to be present but one person. You looked at the empty seat next to you with your elbows propped up on your desk and rested your chin on your hand. Min Jee’s not here today? She’s always here…

You shook your thoughts aside and looked at your professor as he finished attendance. He grabbed the dry erase marker and began writing as he started today’s lesson plan. The door opened and everyone looked back but you didn’t really pay mind to it. The professor stopped writing and turned to the person. He scrunched his eyebrows together.

“Excuse me son, are you lost?” The professor asked.

“Nah, I’m just visiting.” The person answered, pointing at his visitor’s pass.

Some girls squealed as he talked and the person looked at them with a smile which caused them to squeal more.

You still were facing forward and you scrunched your eyebrows. That voice? Why does it sound familiar? No, it can’t be.

The telephone rang and the professor answered it. It seemed to be about the mysterious visitor. He nodded and hung up before looking at the visitor.

“Okay, you can have the seat next to Ms. Shinhye.”

The visitor nodded and walked towards your seat. You could hear the other girls muttering under their breaths: “She’s so lucky.”

He pulled the empty chair back, sat in it and then pushed the chair forward. He leaned in closer and looked at you. “Hey Shinhye.”

Your eyes widened. How does he know my name? You hesitantly looked at the corner of your eyes to see the visitor. Your eyes widened more when you caught his face with a smirk.

JAY.

ING.

PARK.

Why is he here?!