Tomorrow...

More Than Friends

Morning finally came and your phone rang. You got up from your bed and answered.

 

“Hey. Morning sunshine.”

 

You yawned. “Morning Jay-ssi.”

 

“Ah, ah, ah. What did I say?”

 

“Oh… Oppa.”

 

“Good girl~ Now get ready.”

 

“Hm? Wae?”

 

“You don’t wanna see your oppa leave?”

 

“No… I don’t want you to leave.” You whined.

 

You heard a chuckle on the other line. “Just get ready.”

 

~

 

You were now at the airport waiting for Jay. You had gotten on a taxi near your house since you and Jay decided to just see each other there. You looked straight ahead at the airport staff scanning the people’s tickets and watch the people walk through the doors that lead to the airplane. A small curve appeared on your face but any person could see through it and know that deep inside, you felt like crying. He’s going to leave me soon…

Jay saw you standing and walked towards you. He was happy to see you last in New York.

“Hey Shinhye!” He called out and you looked at him carrying a bag over his shoulder and a luggage.

He’s really leaving. You looked at him. Water started building up as he got closer to you but you bared it in.

You looked down a bit, avoiding his eyes. You knew that once you two lay eyes on each other; your tears would start spilling.

Jay noticed a change and had a worried face. “Gwenchana?”

You nodded, “Mm.”

“You don’t look like it…”

“I’m fine oppa…”

“At least look at me in the eyes… I wanna see them before I leave.” Jay said as he placed a finger under your chin and tilted your head up for you to face him.

His eyes widened a bit when he saw some tear drops on your cheeks. “You’re not okay.”

You moved his hand and quickly wiped your tears, laughing. “Haha, how did that get there?” You said, sniffling a bit.

“You don’t have to hide it…”

You looked at him. “Hm?”

Jay looked down a bit, “I said that you didn’t have to hide it… You can cry if you want.” Water formed in the corner of his eyes and your tears fell again.

Jay wrapped his arms around you tightly and sniffed in your scent with your head on his chest. You two were crying—no, had allergies… After a few minutes of crying and being in Jay’s arms, you started sniffling and Jay slowly let go of you and cupped your cheek, wiping your remaining tears away.

You looked at his shirt and laughed. “Mianhe oppa, I ruined your shirt.”

He looked down and smiled, “Yeah, now I got your nasty snot all over me.”

You raised your arm and hit him softly on the shoulder with a smile on your face. “I’m gonna miss you.”

“I’m gonna miss you too Shinhye.”

“Flight to Korea departing in 10 minutes.” The airport worker announced over the speaker.

You looked at Jay, “It’s your cue.”

He nodded and smiled, “I’ll come back for you.” He said before walking to the line and looking back at you, with a single wave he walked inside and that was when your best friend left.

Beep… Beep… Beep…

That’s all you heard before you opened your eyes and saw white all over. You sat up and saw yourself wearing the hospital robe. I’m at the hospital?

You looked around in the room and saw no one but heard a bunch of muffled voices outside the door. Your head started hurting and you couldn’t make any words out so you decided to give up. A few minutes later passed and the door knob turned and Jay walked in and sat beside you.

“Oh, you’re awake.”

 You nodded, “Mm, what happened?”

“You slipped and fell into the deep side of the water—“

Oh. Yeah, I remember that…

“Babo…”

You looked at him a bit taken back, “Bwoh?”

“Why would you even go near the water knowing that you couldn’t swim?”

You pouted. “Yah, I was just walking around okay? How was I supposed to know that I was going to slip and fall?”

“You should’ve waited till Min Jee and I got back.”

You crossed your arms and pouted more, looking the other way. “Well you guys shouldn’t have left me alone.”

Jay chuckled and pinched your cheek, “Yah, are you blaming your clumsy self on us now?”

You rubbed the area where he pinched and hit him, “Yah!”

Min Jee opened the door and came in, “You guys are so loud…” She rolled her eyes.

“Mianhe.” You and Jay said in unison.

Min Jee sat next to Jay and drank the Coca-Cola in her hand.

Jay looked at you and smiled, “Are you feeling okay now?”

You nodded, “Yeah. When am I getting discharged?”

“Tonight.” Min Jee answered and you nodded, giving her an ‘o’ look.