He Loves You

The Letter

Jae smiled softly at the picture he held in his hands. 

The light of the kitchen fire fllickered, heating the small home, Sia eating contedly at his side.

"Do you remember this?" He asked, softly.

She turned to him, her smile fading as she saw what he was holding.

"Yeah," She whispered, biting her lip and turning her head.  "I remember."

Who could forget?

That was the night Jae had gotten his first camera, two years ago, and he had been obsessive over it. When he had finally let Sia use it, this was the picture she took. The picture was of their younger selves... Jae, and... Soo Jin, dancing. 

"We were crazy," He laughed, voice breaking. Remembering fondly the insane way they twirled around on the deck, arms flailing.

Anyone would have thought they were drunk, something they would regret.

Something you could look back on and laugh at.

But for Jae, it had been the best night of his life.

"Hey," Sia nudged his shoulder, scooting closer to him. "We have each other, right?"

He turned to her, his expression one of a boy into the role of a man too soon, eyes spilling over with tears. His lips pulled into a broken line, misery written all over his face.

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, the back of his head as he cried.

"I'm trying to be strong," He sobbed brokenly. "But God it's so hard,"

Her eyes closed, she held him closer.

"I know," She murmured. "I know,"

"I love her," He whispered.

Sia could only cry with him, holding him while he broke.

~*~

Sia kicked at the clod of dirt by her feet in frustration.

"AAAAAAHHH!" She screamed, at no one in particular. 

The tranquil lake was in its ever peaceful state, deserted, lonely.

But deserted and lonely was what she needed, because she needed to scream.

She swung her body around in circles, then collapsed to the ground in sobs.

"Why'd you go, Soo Jin?"

She clenched her hands into fists, her eyes red and puffy she knew.

"He freaking loves you!" She screamed into the air. "He loves you!"

"I thought love was supposed to hold two people together! He loves you... he loved you when you freakin lost your hair, when you drained of color and became paler than the bedsheets, he loved you- and all you saw was Kim Jongin!"

I'm done with this! She thought. I'm just... done!

On impulse, she took off her sweater and boots, jumping into the lake and plummeting to the bottom.