Overexaggerated

EXO's Sister Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter05

After you had all gotten ready, your manager drove you to the company for singing lessons. You all walked in and bowed to the teacher there.

She bowed her head slightly, saying, "Hello. I'm Kwon Hae Ri, your vocal teacher. Call me Ms. Kwon."

You all introduced yourselves one by one, stating your role in the group. Although there were six seats that you'd assumed were arranged for you, the teacher made you all gather in one line.

"Even though you may not all be main vocals, I still expect you to try your hardest with singing. You should all be at least at an above-average level of singing, got it?"
 


After vocal lessons, you were called into Lee Soo Man's office, while the rest of the girls went to the dance practice room. As you entered the room, you saw that you weren't the only one in there. All of EXO, including EXO-K as well as EXO-M, was there, seated at the table, laughing and joking around.

"Ashlee! The rest of the girls are at dance practice, aren't they? Don't worry. I already told Hee Jin-ssi that you were to come to here before practice. Sit, sit!" He motioned for you to take a seat and you found an empty seat next to Luhan.

"Hello," you greeted him softly, bowing slightly to your sunbae.

"You're probably wondering why I called all of you here, right?" Soo Man started. "Ashlee… I would like you to be featured in EXO's new music video for the song, My Lady. Have you heard of it?"

"No… sorry," you apologized meekly at your lack of knowledge surrounding your sunbae's music.

"That's fine!" Soo Man said lightly. "It's a ballad about how a guy finds his love and wants to get to know her more and make her his. Will you agree to be in his music video? We'll tell the public that you're an SM trainee. It'll be a good way for you to gain popularity even before your debut."

Not having to think over it twice, you quickly agreed, "Sure. I'd love to."

"Great," Soo Man replied, smiling.

"Who will be the guy leads in each music video?" Chanyeol asked excitedly, probably hoping that he would be chosen.

"I was thinking maybe Baekhyun in EXO-K and Luhan in EXO-M since they are main vocals of EXO and their image would fit this kind of storyline."

Baekhyun made a loud "Yes!" and Luhan grinned as he sat next to you.

"Well I think that's about all for now. We'll start the music video shoot on Friday which is exactly one week from now so that Ashlee—actually all of you—can listen to the music a lot so you can get a feel for the emotions to portray when we make the music video. You can all go now," Soo Man said, motioning towards the door.

You and Luhan stood up at the same time, immediately looking at each other.

"So… I guess we'll be seeing each other more often then," Luhan smiled.

"Yeah. I look forward to it," you replied.

I look forward to it? Really? Those were the words I chose? I probably look so lame right now.

Luhan just smiled in return and walked away. You groaned inwardly at your fail attempt to make conversation with the lead vocal of EXO-M.

"Oh, wait!" You heard him call. You looked back at him carefully, hoping he wouldn't make fun of your words. "We should exchange numbers."

Your heart fluttered at his suggestion as you took out your phone.

After exchanging numbers, you made your way to the dance room where the rest of Gemini-M was. When you walked in, you saw them learning the dance for the song you had just recorded yesterday.

Without even looking at you, Hee Jin said, "Just join in for now."

Setting the water bottle you had brought down with your mini towel on the ground, you went to an empty space and started following the moves. Luckily, you were able to catch on pretty quickly and got the gist of what you were doing.

When the music stopped, Hee Jin turned back around to face you all.

"Okay. Those are most of the moves to the dance. Now, you need to get into your formation so that you can dance as a group."

With Hee Jin explaining it carefully, you were all able to manage and successfully learn the dance. Now you just needed to keep practicing to perfect it with precision and emotion.

"Since I've taught you all the moves, now just keep practicing on your own," your dance instructor said, letting out a sigh. "Pretty good for the first day. I expect better next time."

With that, Hee Jin walked out, leaving you all in the room to practice alone. However, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter