D-1

EXO's Sister Group
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter15

"Hey. You okay?" Anna shakes your arm, waking you up from the scary nightmare that took you years to recover from. Even now, the memories haunt you.

"Yeah," you smile. "Thanks. Should we get back to practicing?"

"Are you sure? You look a little-"

"Don't worry about it. I'm okay." You waved your feelings off and stood back up. "Ready?"
 


Friday

At exactly 6 AM, your body wakes up on its own, already accustomed to getting up so early every day. Five minutes later, your phone rings. It takes a while for you to search for it under the pile of blankets.

"Just answer your phone already! I'm trying to get a few extra minutes of sleep here!" Joo Eun groans, covering her ears with her pillow.

"Sorry," you whisper and press the green "Answer" button. "Hello?" You walk to the bathroom and lock the door to have some more privacy and prevent yourself from getting yelled at by anyone else.

"Hey! It's Anna."

"Oh hey. When do you wanna start practicing? I can't believe the show's tomorrow."

"I think we're good, aren't we? We should hang out today or something to calm our nerves for tomorrow and then practice a little and go to sleep early."

You think the tempting offer over for a moment. "Sure. It might be good to relax a little. Where do you wanna go?"

"Let's go to the café and just talk. It'll be fun."

You smile a little. You haven't had a heart to heart with anyone in a while.

"Can't wait. When should we meet?"

"Is 8 okay?"

"Perfect. See you."
 


"One caramel macchiato please," you order.

"I'll have… a peppermint hot chocolate please," Anna says as she pulls her wallet out from her purse.

"I got it," you smile, nudging her arm to put her money away.

"Oh you don't have to, Ashlee. I'm paying and that's final," she replies firmly, flashing her pearly whites.
 


"So where were you born?" you ask, warming up your hands with the side of your cup.

"New Jersey," Anna smiles, a hint of sadness showing through. "What about you?"

"I was born in Beijing, but I moved to Canada when I was three," you reply, staring off in the distance.

"Why?"

"Hm?" You look up.

"Why'd you mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter