Chapter 8 ~ Scrimmage

It's Not Only Soccer I Love

You watched as the guys were taking their last lap for practice. They worked hard all week and it even seemed that Seungho fit in well. After their lap Doojoon gathered the guys around and you went closer to hear what Doojoon had to say.

“Alright guys, today you practiced very well. Good job.” He smiled and the boys cheered. “As you guys all know, our match against J. Tune is this Tuesday so I want you guys to get some rest.”

“Really captain!?” Kikwang blurted.

“Yeah, don’t rest too much. Stay active for at least an hour a day!” Doojoon replied.

“Does this conclude practice, Captain?” one guy shouted.

“Not yet. We’ll be having a scrimmage!!”

You had already gone and got some jerseys and gave them to different people.

“~~~~~~ is passing out jerseys so those people can jog to the other side of the field!” Doojoon pointed out.

“You’re lazy Doojoon!” you laughed at him.

“If you want you can change sides then!”

“Hm? I’m playing!?”

“I thought you knew.”

“Oh yeah! We’re uneven now because of Seungho..”

“I’ll referee this match,” Coach Nam raised his hand up with the ball in the other hand. “Although I don’t really need to.” He mumbled to himself.

 

You gave the last jersey out to Seungho who was by the goal post. “Here you are! Now go all the way to the other side!” You smiled at him.

“Well, that’s not fair.” He pouted and grabbed the jersey out of your hand and lightly jogged to the other side.

“Alright guys, we all know what a scrimmage is so let’s make this intro sweet and simple. Coach, whenever you’re ready!” Doojoon yelled out.

“Yes, let’s just start. Jerseys get first ball.” Coach blew his whistle and motioned his hand up. Skillfully, the center midfield passed it back to Kikwang who was a forward and began to dribble it down the field. It all happened so fast but was slowed down when the defensive side had taken it back and carried it down the to the opposite field.

It felt like forever and no goals had been scored. Deep breathing and beads of sweat fell from everyone’s heads as they waited for Seungho to get the ball.

“Doojoon, it’s been like 5 minutes!” You yelled as you put your hands on your knees.

“Then do something about it!” He snapped back.

You examined his look, he didn’t turn to you at all and kept watch of the ball. You turned and saw the ball flying and it went right to Doojoon. He snuck a quick look at you and motioned you to go forward.

You ran to find an opening for Doojoon to pass you the ball. He made every effort to pass all his teammates and dribbled through and juked oncoming players. Finally when the goal was in front of you, Doojoon made eye contact with you and nodded his head. You nodded and took a deep breath as the ball lunged toward you. You timed your steps with the speed of the ball and ran towards it, finally planting your right foot on the grass and swinging your left foot with the laces on the ball.

You felt the ball take off on your foot and go straight to the top left corner of the goal post. Everyone watched the ball and slowly and hand reached up to the ball. Seungho had punched the ball away from entering the goal at all and it went out of bounds.

You dropped to your knees and your forearms hit the ground. Seungho stood in front of you rubbing the back of his head. “Hey, sorry buddy.” He put his hand in front of you and you took it. He pulled you up and you wiped your shorts.

“You should have just let that one go in.” You pouted.

“That was a good one!” You felt a hand on your shoulder and saw Doojoon.

“It would have been better if it went in.” You gave Seungho a look. He just laughed at you.

“Let’s try it again, I’ll take the corner.” Doojoon winked at you and went to the ball.

You got into position and waited for your pass. Doojoon waved his hand in the air and went for the ball that made a rainbow just for you. You charged but there were already a lot of people closer to the ball. Your body took off by itself and you had leaped off both of your feet.

From then, everything was slow. You felt the wind blow against your face as you soared slightly. You saw the ball in front of your face and you closed your eyes tightly. Then you felt something hard hit the top of your head.

After that pain, everything went back to normal. Gravity had pulled you down and you fell on everyone under you.

“~~~~~~-ah, you’re heavy..” You heard a whimper. It was Yoseob.

“Oh! Sorry.” You tried to get off.

“WOOO!!!” Your head shot up and you saw some of your teammates cheering. Then you saw the ball behind the goal line.

“Good header ~~~~~~!!!!” The guys surrounded and carried you. "Thanks Doojoon!!" You smiled and looked for Doojoon to see if you saw your goal. You looked and met eyes with Seungho. He looked happy for you but felt bad for his team. You stuck your tongue at him to but he just smiled.

“Yah~! ~~~~~~!! Nice shot!!” You saw Doojoon running to you from the two guys shoulders.

“It’s cause of your corner kick!” You jumped off from the guys and in front of Doojoon. You wrapped your arms around his neck but lost balance. The two of you almost fell but Doojoon caught himself but you pushed against his body.

You stared at him slightly blushing at the closeness of you two

“Ahem, good job, puppy.” He slyly stepped back and patted your head.

“Thanks.” You said blankly trying to ignore what just happened.

“Alright, in the center and to your position everyone. Let’s do this again!” Coach Nam blew his whistle which startled you. You felt shaky and tried to forget the feeling of holding Doojoon.

---

“Ugh!! I can’t believe Kikwang scored on Jihoon twice!!” You plopped next to your bag.

“I’m just that good!” Kikwang gave you an eye smile.

“You are good Kikwang.” You smiled at him. “But we should have won with my header.”

“Maybe next time, kiddo.” Yoseob rubbed the top of your head as he walked by you.

“Don’t be a sore loser ~~~~~~,” Doojoon said after sipping some water.

“I’m not!” You furiously gulped down water.

“It’s okay ~~~~~~, you did good today.” Seungho sat next to you and drunk his water.

“Yeah, I know.” You laughed.

“See, she’s not really that mad.” Yoseob came back and patted your back while also sitting next to you.

“Of course I’m not.” You happily said. Seungho looked at you and smiled at your cuteness. You turned to look at him. You began to feel nervous but quickly smiled to hide it.

“Well,” Seungho stood up. “It’s time for me to go. It’s getting late already!”

“Right now?” you looked up at him.

“Yeah, I have plans tonight so I better head out now.”

“It was a good practice today!” Yoseob said to him.

“Yeah, you’re a good goalkeeper Seungho, keep it up!” Kikwang added.

“We’ll see ya then.” Doojoon nodded. “Good job today.”

“Thanks everyone!” Seungho went to bid farewell to the other players and was gone. You felt bad at first but decided that it shouldn’t bother you.

“~~~~~~!” Doojoon appeared in front of you.

“Whoa! What is it?”

“It’s Friday, let’s go to the café!” He smiled really big.

“Oh, me too! I just want to relax after today's practice.” Yoseob peeped in.

“Ahhh, me too Doojoonie~!” Kikwang also pleaded.

“Yeah, let’s all go!” You exclaimed!

“Fine, my treat then.” Doojoon gave in to the pleas. He originally wanted to just take you.

 

-------

I'm still alive guys~ Sorry for the delay. I've had computer problems then I got caught up with homework. But now I'm on break! I'll try to update when I can. I hope eveyone had a Merry Christmas and received lots of gifts! And also ate a lot of food! ^o^ anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Doojoon is just to cute. ^^ oh yeah! I hope you realized that "Jihoon" refers to Roh Jihoon. The one who recently came out with Punishment. Go listen to it right now! He's a cutie toooo!!! He said that he played soccer too so I wanted him to be in my fic. (^▽^) He said he played as goalkeeper. Same as Seungho in my fic!