Chapter 3 ~ New Friend

It's Not Only Soccer I Love

You woke up the next day to the blaring of your alarm and slowly searched to turn it off. It was yet another day to battle through school. You got ready for today and noticed that you were out of your apartment early today. Since you didn’t want to be at school you decided to take a longer way to school.

You lazily walked kicking a soccer ball in front of you to occupy yourself. Then you heard a voice, “Hey!? ~~~~~~-ssi!” You turned to follow the voice and saw Seungho as he caught up to you. “Are you walking to school?”

“Trying.” You corrected him.

“Oh, yes. Right.” He laughed at your comment. “I didn’t know you lived around here.”

“I rerouted my way to school. This is the long way to school, I woke up early. Oh, by the way..”

“What is it?”

“YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE THE GOALKEEPER OF J TUNE HIGH’S SOCCER TEAM!!!!” you screamed.

“Huh!? What are you talking about? What’s with the yelling!!??”

“Yang Seungho. That name was deadly familiar to me. You know how much my head hurt just thinking about who you were!? It was so irritating. I knew I’ve seen you before!!!”

“Awww, you thought that much about me? You’re a creepy person you know that? This is only my second day meeting you.”

“Pshh.. Whatever..” you laughed. “Why didn’t you tell me yesterday at the field?”

“You never asked,” he coolly said.

“I didn’t think I had to.” You crossed your arms in annoyance as Seungho just laughed at you.

The two of you continued to socialize on your way to school. Surprisingly the you both got along fairly well. He was easy and fun to talk to.

Finally you reached the front of the school and went your separate ways. “I’m going to my locker, it’s this way.” You told him.

“Alright, I’ll see you in first hour!” He said back, turning in the opposite direction.

 

You met Miyoung in front of your locker. “Hey!”  She waved. “You’re here early!”

“You’re early yourself!” You opened your locker.

“I’m always early.. Unlike you!!”

“There’s nothing wrong with not being early!”

“Whatever! Let’s get to class! Maybe this time Seungho might talk to you!”

“Hey, I actually talked to him this morning!! Oh, hey that reminds me!! I finally remember where I’ve seen him before!”

“Oh, and where’s that?”

“Seungho was the goalie from J Tune High!”

“That’s it? I thought it would be something better, like your childhood friend. Or a mysterious guy who saved you from something. Oh, maybe like, your first love!! That would have been so romantic!”

“Miyoung-ah, lay low on the dramas and fanfiction.”

“Hmph, you’re too boring. And I’ll never stop reading and watching!”

 

It was finally lunch time and today you walked alone.  As you entered through the doors your searched the room for a familiar face and you saw Seungho. He was happily laughing besides Mir and Joon. As you were slowly walking towards them you noticed out of the corner of your eye, a head full of black hair. You turned and saw Doojoon sitting by himself. You motioned toward him hoping that Seungho wouldn’t notice that you were walking to him. But he watched you turn the other direction confused.

“Hey loner boy!” you beamed out, putting a hand on Doojoon’s shoulder. “Where are your boys?”

“Oh, they’re coming,” a smile formed on his face. “I’m a loner by the way!”

“Now you aren’t!” you walked around the table to sit across from him. “Why is there no food in front of you?”

“I don’t feel like eating today.”

“Hey! Soccer players need energy, and our energy comes from food!!”

“Where’s Miyoung,” he was obviously changing the subject.

“Not here, now why don’t you share some food with me!?” you pulled out your homemade lunch you made early this morning. “I made some quick fried rice and managed to make some rolled eggs!” you picked up your chopsticks and held one in front his face for him. “Eat it.”

Doojoon smiled and gladly opened his mouth to consume the food.

“~~~~~~-ah!! Where’s mine!!??” Yoseob slammed his tray down against the table and pouted.

“Omo, annyeong Yoseob-ah! Here, have one.” You smiled and did the same for him waiting for him to accept his food.

“Kamasahamnida!!” he shouted and chomped on the egg.

“You guys are so childish,” Junhyung smoothly laughed and sat down next to Doojoon and across Yoseob.

“You too then, have one!” You picked up another egg and waved it in front of Junhyung.

“Hyung, it’s yummy!” Yoseob insisted and you nodded your head.

Junhyung just smiled and used his chopsticks to take it from yours, “Thank you, ~~~~~~-ah.”

“No problem! Now Doojoon, you can continue to eat!” You pushed the fried rice in front of him and offered your chopsticks to him.

“Anniyo, you first,” he pushed back your hand and the food.

“Doojoon, you always treat me, please!? You dig in first!” You pleaded once again handing him the chopsticks.

“Take it, ~~~~~~-ah knows how to prepare excellent dishes.” You looked up and saw Hyunseung and Dongwoon next to you guys. “You don’t want to miss this chance, Doojoonie.” Hyunseung gave you a wink.

“Yeah Hyung, I’ll eat some if you don’t want any!” Dongwoon chimed in, taking a seat next to him.

“Have some of it, okay? Just save me some,” You smiled to Doojoon.

“Fine, let me grab some spare utensils then,” Doojoon got up and walked away.

You watched him and your eyes wondered around the room. A waving hand caught your attention you focused on it and saw a smiling Seungho. He was radiating with a cheerful glow, his smile was sweet, and his eyes seemed to sparkle brighter than the lights in the cafeteria. You quickly shot up your hands and waved back enthusiastically.

“Who are you waving at?” Doojoon sat down and blocked the view of Seungho.

“Oh, you’re back! It was no one.” You lied to him.

“Alright then, let’s finally eat then,” Doojoon smiled as he began to eat.

You watched him and you laughed at how hungry he seemed. You let him eat and waited a while to take some food.

“Aren’t you going to join me?” he looked up, you happen to notice that there was a grain of rice by his bottom lip.

“I thought you weren’t hungry,” you giggled.

“Now I am,” he got some rice and continued to munch.

You gladly joined him, eating what was left of your food.

 

The bell rung and now you were walking with Doojoon out of the lunch room.

“See you guys later! We’re going this way!” Hyunseung said as the four boys walked the opposite direction.

Junhyung gave Doojoon a quick wink and thumbs up before turning around and Doojoon gave a slight smile.

“Doojoon, why wasn’t Kikwang at lunch today? I just noticed that he was absent,” you asked as you two walked.

“Oh, he’s finishing up a project for this one class. What about your friend. You ignored when I asked you.”

“Miyoung-ah? She’s also finishing a project. Maybe it’s the same one! Oh, I have to see her! I have to give her something!”

You guys walked towards the social studies classroom and entered the room. You saw Miyoung diligently working on something and approached her, “Miyoungie-ah! Are you hungry? I brought you some food!”

She looked up and smiled, “~~~~~~-ah! Did you really!? You didn’t have to!” she accepted the small lunchbox in front of her. “Oh, Doojoon, hey!”

“Hey! Enjoy this, ~~~~~~-ah shared some with me today at lunch, its good!” Doojoon said.

“Doojoon! Did you get me any food!?” Kikwang yelled out, not too far away.

“Oh Kikwang-ah! I didn’t see you there!” Doojoon rubbed the back of his head.

“Kikwang-ssi, if you want some, let’s share.” Miyoung turned toward him.

“Really?! That would be nice, I’m starving.” He shyly replied.

“Let’s take a break then.” She got up and began walking to Kikwang. “Oh, ~~~~~~-ah, you guys can go ahead to your next class. I have to finish this today! I’m almost done.”

“Oh yeah!! I don’t want to be late!! Miyoung! I’ll see you later alright!? Doojoon, let’s head out!” you took his arm and exited the room.

“See ya Kikwang!” Doojoon slipped out before leaving.

“I’m going to math next, what about you?” you quickened your pace a little.

“I’m going to the music room.” Doojoon tried to keep up with you.

“Isn’t that in the other direction?”

“Yeah, it is.”

“Then go over there!!”

“It’s okay, I want to walk you to your class.” Doojoon let a smile slip at the words he spoke.

“You don’t have to,” you ducked your head down.

Doojoon kept quiet after this. He was still by your side until you reached your classroom.

“Here it is, I’ll see you later Doojoon!” You gave a small bow, “Thanks for walking me to class.”

“You’re welcome,” he smiled back.

“Don’t be late, Doojoon!”