Chapter 7 ~ Jealousy

It's Not Only Soccer I Love

You woke up a little happier knowing it was Friday, the last day of the week. As you got ready to tackle the day you heard a ringing from your phone. It was your text tone. You went to check your phone and opened your new message.

 

Morning Puppy, you awake yet?

- Doojoon

 

You smiled a bit and texted back quickly.

 

Of course not, I’m just sleep-texting.

 

You set your phone down and began to don your uniform. You pulled up black stockings up and herd your phone again. You rushed to get your stockings on and sprinted to your phone.

 

Okay well, I wanted to know what you were doing after practice.

- Doojoon

 

You looked up and thought about what he could possibly be planning and you felt your heart beat faster in your chest. But before you could finish your thought, your phone rang again.

 

I’m outside, hurry up!!

- Doojoon

 

You chuckled a little and put your phone away. You grabbed your bag and went outside. “Doojoon, you’re here way too early. We have less than an hour before school starts. Let me make us some breakfast!” You grabbed his wrist and walked him in. “What are you even doing here so early for!?” You took your shoes off and walked in as he followed you.

“I don’t know. I guess I had a feeling I would be fed if I came this early.” He took a seat at the island counter and watched as you dug in your fridge. “Where are your parents by the way?”

“Hmmm, they went on a business trip for 2 weeks. Didn’t I tell you?” You took out some veggies and placed them by the sink.

“No, I never asked, I think that’s why. When will they be back?”

“They left last Saturday.”

The two of you were silent as you began rinsing the veggies and Doojoon continued to watch you. He smiled as he saw how focused you were. “How is it without them?”

“I miss my mom’s cooking.” You answered. “But I’m surviving. Just one week left without them and they’ll finally be back!”

“Maybe I should sleepover for the rest of the week.” Doojoon chuckled.

You turned your head to him and glared at him. “What makes you think I want to have you as a guest?”

“Oh it’s nothing.” He smirked. “Do you want me to help you?” He got up from his seat and walked over to you.

“Sure!” You looked at him and thought of what he could help you with. “You can mix the eggs!” You motioned towards the fridge.

“Alright then, I will.” He walked over and opened your fridge.

As the two of you cooked your breakfast, you had some laughs and nice talks. The time you two spent that morning felt like an eternity, just the two of you. You stared at Doojoon as he watched the food over the stove. A smile appeared on your face at the sight. You had to admit that Doojoon looked really handsome watching over the food. You looked away before he would notice and glanced at the clock. “Omo, Doojoon! We have 14 minutes left before school starts!!”

“Really!?” He turned and looked for a clock. “This always happens when I visit you in the morning! Let’s hurry!!”

The two of you quickened your cooking and began putting the food in your lunch box. “Just leave the dishes in the sink, I can wash them later!”

“Are we going to get to eat?” Doojoon questioned.

“Yeah, we can eat on the way!! Hurry I don’t want to be late!” You quickly closed your lunch box. “Here, I packed this one for you!” You shoved it in his hands. “Now let’s get out of here!”

“Thanks, but I don’t want to eat and run!” He said as he walked to your door.

“Then eat it for lunch, let’s go, I’m not going to be late again!” and you dashed out of your door. Doojoon locked your door and jogged behind you with his lunchbox in hand.

Luckily the two of you made in time.

“What took you so long?” Miyoung whispered to you.

“Yoon Doojoon.”

“Did he drop by again?”

You nodded your head. Seungho looked at you once you said Doojoon’s name.

“What happened with you and Doojoon?” He asked you.

“Oh, he just dropped by my house and you know, almost made me late.”

“Oh.” Seungho turned back towards the front a little confused. He wasn’t aware of the friendship you and Doojoon had.

 

During lunch time, you sat across of Doojoon. “I can’t wait to try this!” He looked over the food that was still a little warm.

“It’s delicious, thanks to me!” You smiled really big.

“You’re funny. It’s because I’m a great chef!” and with that, he began to stuff his mouth.

“So this is what you guys made this morning.” Miyoung took some of your food from your lunchbox to try it out.

“How is it? Is it good?” You watched Miyoung as she gulped it down.

At first she pretended to choke, “It’s.. it’s so.. Yummy!! Can I have some more?”

“Just a little, you still have your own food to eat!”

“Awww, fine.” she grabbed a little more and that’s when you heard a clank next to you.

“Hey buddy,” you looked up and saw Seungho. Your smile fell a little but came back up.

“Hey, Seungho!” You hoped he didn’t notice.

“Yah! Seungho! I wanted to sit next to ~~~~~~-ah!” Mir plopped next to him.

“Too bad! You’re too slow.” Joon took a seat next to Doojoon.

“Oh. Hey guys.” Doojoon’s excitement fell down a little.

“We’re here too Doojoon!” Yoseob took a seat next to Doojoon and Kikwang, Junhyung, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon followed after.

“Oh my, lunch is going to be quite loud today..” You hung your head.

“Aww, c’mon ~~~~~~-ah. Don’t be mean to your friends.” Miyoung patted your back.

“Yeah ~~~~~~-ssi. I’m sitting right here.” Seungho looked at you.

“Pssh, you better have heard!” You turned and ate but before taking a bite you turned back to Seungho, “Just kidding. It’s an honor to have for lunch.” You bowed your head and laughed.

A lot of chatter went on all over the table but you noticed that Doojoon was silent. He ate his lunch and barely talked. Seungho talked to his buddies but also to you, “So ~~~~~~-ssi, how’s your day been?”

“It’s fine, thank you. I’m glad it’s Friday. How’s yours?”

“It’s great. My first week of school here is coming to an end soon. It’s been better than I thought. Cube High is such a nice place.” Seungho’s eyes seemed to glisten as he said those words. He was such a happy person.

“I’m glad to hear that. Cube high is jjang~!” You pumped your fist in the air and giggled.

“It is.” He laughed at your cute actions.

Suddenly Doojoon stood up, “I’ll be back.” And with that he walked away. Your eyes turned to him and your smile fell to complete confusion.

“Yah! Yoon Doojoon, are you going to the bathroom?! Wait for me!” Junhyung got up quickly too and went after him.

Your eyes followed the two of them. You felt a sting in your heart and felt guilt, that same guilt from before when you left Doojoon to walk by himself.

“He probably didn’t like the after taste of your food.” Miyoung leaned in toward you.

“No, it’s worse than that.” You said blankly.

“What are you talking about?”

“I can explain later, not now.”

 

“This scene is all too familiar Doojoon. I think you’re taking everything a little too slow.” Junhyung told Doojoon as the exited the cafeteria.

“I’m just waiting for the perfect time. I never knew he would have interfered at all.” Doojoon burned inside.

“You need to calm down. If you’re going to wait, then you must have patience. Don’t make this situation so obvious like you’re doing now.” Junhyung put his arm around his troubled friend.

“Yeah, whatever.” Doojoon bent down and let out a deep breath.

“Let’s head back soon. The guys are waiting for their drama king.” Junhyung punched Doojoon’s shoulder and walked back.

Doojoon let out a smirk and stood up.

-------

Yay for another update~! Hahaha, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I'm hoping to finally be able to write what I've planned in my head in the next couple of chapters! Thank you for those of you who still follow this story. I love you all~!~! ;A;