Chapter 5 ~ Detention

It's Not Only Soccer I Love

The next day you woke up with a smile remembering your conversation with Doojoon. You got ready for school and headed out the door.

“Good morning~!!” You looked up and saw Doojoon.

“Good morning yourself,” you tossed your soccer ball at him and he caught it. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“I was out jogging this morning and decide to drop by.” He replied.

“In your uniform?”

“No way! I stopped by earlier this morning but you were apparently still sleeping.”

“You did not, I don’t sleep that long!”

“Yes you do, that’s why we’re late!!!” Doojoon yelled before dashing away.

“Mwo!?” you quickly followed after him.

“We have 6 minutes before class starts! Ppalli!!” his pace quickened as he put his phone in his pocket and dribbled the soccer ball.

The two of you made it to the gates before your 6 minutes but arrived late for both your classes.

“Gong ~~~~~~, welcome to class. You’re 2 minutes late.” Mr. Song crossed his arms and looked at you.

“Joesonghamnida,” you bowed. “I woke up late.”

“It’s okay, take your seat.” Mr. Song perked up and so did you.

“Really!? Thank you Mr. Song!!” you continuously bowed.

“Just take your seat, ~~~~~~-ssi.”

“Ne~” You quickly hurried to your seat next to a chuckling Seungho. “What’s so funny?” You crinkled your nose.

“Ani, it’s nothing.” He let out another quick laugh and you gave him a disgusted look but he continued to smile at you.

 

As the day slowly progressed, the last bell had finally rung and you were on your way to find Doojoon.

“Yah! Why did you tell me to meet you here!?” You shouted at him.

“You were late this morning too! What are you talking about!?” He retorted.

“Mr. Song didn’t give me detention!” You stuck your tongue out at Doojoon.

“Not fair!! Ms. Kim is so strict. She told me to do an hour but I told her I had practice so she extended it to one hour and thirty minutes.”

“Wah? How does that work?” you scratched your head.

“She said, ‘Fine do one hour and thirty minutes of detention. And never talk back to me again, Yoon Doojoon!’” he imitated Ms. Kim’s squeaky voice.

“Hahaha! She’s bogus.”

“Tell me about it.” Doojoon sulked.

“It’s okay, I’ll help a buddy out.” You nudged his arm to make him feel better and smiled at him. Of course, Doojoon smiled back.

“Kamsamnida.”

 

The two of you cleaned Ms. Kim’s room by organizing books, wiping off the desks, sweeping the floor and whatever else was damaged by the students. And it had only passed about 45 minutes.

“Now what do we do?” You slouched in a desk.

“I have no idea,” Doojoon took a seat next to you.

“Yoon Doojoon!!!” You heard the door shut. It was Ms. Kim. “Who told you that you could invite guests!?”

Doojoon instantly stood up and turned around. “Uhh, she was late this morning too!” That’s all he managed to say and he bowed.

“Gong ~~~~~~. So you’re being dragged down by this kid.”

“I’m sorry, I also was late and needed to serve detention.” You bowed to her too.

“Oh, you two. Shouldn’t you guys be out on the field?” you both stood straight up confused. “Doojoon, I wasn’t being that serious when I told you that you had to do an hour and a half of detention. Poor boy, you believed me.” She laughed to herself.

“Wait a second.. So I could’ve been at practice all along?” Doojoon felt dumbfounded.

“Well, after at least 20 to 30 minutes,” Ms. Kim smiled innocently. “But the worked you’ve done with ~~~~~~ is incredible. You are dismissed.”

“Ms. Kim.. I don’t understand you. Why would you do this to me?” Doojoon began to fake cry.

“C’mon soccer captain. Your team is waiting for you.” You dragged Doojoon by his sleeve. “Thank you Ms. Kim.” You smiled waved goodbye.

“That’s my revenge Doojoon. You never turn in your homework! Better think twice now!” Mr. Kim yelled before the two of you exited. “But, I’ll give you extra credit!”

“Yay!” Doojoon stopped his crying and returned to normal.

“Oh Doojoon. You weirdo.” You let go of his sleeve and headed to the locker rooms.

 

As you change you heard the door open, “Yah! ~~~~~~-ah!! Are you still in here!?” It was Doojoon.

“Yahhhh!!! What the heck are you doing in here!!?? This is the girls’ locker room!!!” You quickly pulled your sweater over your sports bra.

“I need an extra pair of socks.” Doojoon peered from behind some lockers.

“You could have come at a better time. I haven’t finished changing!” You screamed.

“You look fine. Now give me a pair of socks.” He held out his hand. And to your surprise, Doojoon exposed his whole body. He was only wearing his soccer shorts and a black wife beater. You often saw him this way, but today you felt differently than the other times. “I’m waiting.” He ruined your thoughts.

“Right, I think I do have an extra pair if I can remember.” You quickly ducked our head down and rummaged through your duffle bag, hiding your slightly reddened face.

Doojoon also looked away, noticing what was going on and smiled a little bit. He wasn’t too sure what was happening, but he still liked it.

“Oh, found them!!” You shot up and handed him the socks.

“Cool! Thanks, Puppy.” He smiled and left. You were finally able to sigh in relief. You were never usually nervous in front of Doojoon even if you were alone in a locked room with him. The two of you have been friends for such a long time, best friends to be exact. You both played soccer together for a pretty long time and even attended the same schools since elementary. And never once have you felt this way in his presence. You sat down and thought for a while, trying to figure what was happening to you.

Finally you heard a loud knocking on the door. “~~~~~~-ah!!! I know you’re still in there!! Hurry up! I don’t want to be even more late than I already am!” Doojoon exclaimed.

You quickly took off your sweater and put on a shirt and then pulled your sweater back over, gathered your belongings and dashed out to the door. “I’m ready! Let’s finally get to practice!

-------

guys sorry for no updates. So much has happened since the summer time basically. OTL don't hate me. ;_; hope this is okay.

motivation to write is hard although my ideas keep flowing for some reason. I'll try better. No promises though...미안