Chapter 1 ~ New Student

It's Not Only Soccer I Love

It was another day of school. Oh, how much you dreaded it. After what seemed to have been a long but quick weekend school had showed up yet again on your Monday morning. Okay, school wasn’t so bad, no it was horrible. It’s awesome that you met new people and stuff, of course that was cool. You even got to play soccer with other people. That’s all that you wanted to do nowadays, just kick a soccer ball around, but before you could do so, you had to sit on your for so many hours suffering from the lack of movement.

You walked slowly to school, you loved it but you hated it. Once you reached the building you went straight to your locker, and there you were greeted by Miyoung. “Good morning ~~~~~~!!!” She always had a lot of energy.

“Good morning.” You let out a yawn.

“Hey, at least show some enthusiasm! I thought soccer players had a lot of energy!”

“Only on the field Miyoung, only on the field..” You searched for your books in your locker and pulled them out.

“You know, I heard there would be a new student today!” Miyoung sang as you two walked to your class.

“Oh, really now? What are they like?”

“You should’ve seen him!! He has such a beautiful smile!!”

“Don’t exaggerate now.” You laughed at her.

“You would agree with me too if you saw him!!” You sat down in your spot and she sat behind you. The teacher knew you two talked too much, otherwise you would have been seated next to her. “Hey!! I bet you’re going to sit with him! That seat’s always empty!!”

“This one?” You pointed to the one next to you. “Hey, if you really want me to help you get this kid I’ll gladly do it!” You .

“Psh, whatever.” Miyoung crossed her arms. Then the bell rung.

“Good morning class, and happy Monday! As many of you know already, we will be welcomed by a new student! Please come in.” Mr. Song gestured his hands towards the door.

You accidently dropped your pencil and went to pick it up, and as you rose back up from under the table you stared at the new student.

“Annyeong haseyo, my name is Yang Seungho. It’s nice to meet you guys. Please treat me well.” He smiled and bowed. I guess Miyoung was right about his smile.

“Please seat yourself next to ~~~~~~. Raise your hand, ~~~~~~.” Mr. Song pointed in your direction.

You totally blanked out at this point. After watching Seungho for a while, he seemed oddly familiar to you. You tried really hard to find out where you may have seen such a guy.

“Ahem, ~~~~~~, are you listening!?” He shouted. Miyoung kicked your chair and you snapped back.

“Uhh, ne. I heard you. Sorry Mr. Song.” You smiled in embarrassment and you rose your hand.

Of course as Seungho walked towards his seat, eyes followed him and hushed whispers could be heard, some being a little too loud to even be classified as a whisper.

You stared at him hoping he wouldn’t notice but he turned his head toward you. You panicked but managed to let something out, “Uhh, if you need a tour or something, I wouldn’t mind helping you out.” You gave a sheepish smile. Hopefully that worked.

“Thanks,” He smiled back. “But, I have friends here that can help me out.” He then turned his attention back to Mr. Song’s lesson. You looked away and heard Miyoung giggling at your rejection.

 

---- Lunch time ----

“Hahaha!! You have to admit, that was hilarious!!” Miyoung held her stomach.

“Shut up!! Don’t laugh at me!” You pouted.

“What’s so funny girls?” Doojoon linked his arm around your neck and Miyoung’s.

“Doojoon, you should have been there! ~~~~~~ was rejected by the new student!” Miyoung still couldn’t contain her laugh.

“Yah!! You don’t have to say it like that!!” You shouted.

“You like the new student!?” Doojoon blurted shocked and confused.

“NOO!!! I just offered to tour him.” You said turning your face.

“Ohh, I get it.” Doojoon began to laugh. “And he shot you down!!”

“Ugh, whatever!!” the three of you walked in the cafeteria.

“Oh, hey, it’s him right there!” Miyoung pointed to Seungho. “Maybe you should go ask if you could sit with him!!” Miyoung teased.

“Please be quiet Miyoung!!!” You tried to contain your slight anger.

Doojoon looked over to the new student and noticed that his eyes were directed to the source of the loud laughter. “Look, Yoseob and Junhyung are with Seungho. And.. It’s Joon and Mir too!! Doojon, maybe you could sit with them too!” Miyoung stopped where she stood.

“Oh, you’re right.” You added. “Doojoon, you should go introduce yourself since Yoseob and Junhyung are there already."

“Right..” he said softly. “I’ll see ya then.” Doojoon walked towards the table where the guys had been. His eyes focused on Seungho noticing that Seungho seemed to have his eyes glued on you.

As you ate your homemade lunch, suddenly you burst out laughing at a joke Miyoung had told you. You put your head down and it came back up. You almost spit out your food when across the lunch room, your eyes met with Seungho’s who probably just witnessed your insane laugh. You stopped from further embarrassing yourself and swallowed your food. You glanced at Seungho once again and you saw that he was chuckling at your actions.

Doojoon on the other hand noticed Seungho taking an interest in your laugh attack.

“Hyung,” Mir said, “What are you laughing at?”

“Oh, it’s nothing,” Seungho just smiled and looked away from you.

The bell rung and Doojoon immediately got up from his spot.

“Oh, Hyung, wait for me!” Yoseob said, “Sorry, I bet he’s in a rush.” Yoseob looked back at Joon, Mir, and Seungho.

“It seems like you’ve been waiting too long, Doojoon.” Junhyung said as he followed Doojoon out of the cafeteria.

 

-------

Aahh, I hope you guys enjoy this story. Sorry if it's already confusing on the first chapter! I couldn't wait to write this since this story had been on my mind lately.