chapter 6

Reminiscent

(A/N I'm back with another chapterrrr and few more chapters to come today ! also wrote a blog post yesterday about my goals on aff and some other stuff so go read that if you want hahhaa :)

  OH this is totally irrelevant to the story or anything but I went to a university today to have some coffee and I basically go there every few weeks on Wednesdays cus..well..it's convenient and there's this korean coffee guy there who's the one always serving me and he's new so we've only met a few times and it was super embarrassing the first time so I guess that's how he remembers me. Today I saw him again and ...he's just so sweet :') we're pretty much bonding with each other over coffee and yeaaaah hahaha he makes super pretty patterns on my coffee and ends up making heaps of free coffees for me with these pretty patterns on top when he's free from customers :) SO I MADE A NEW FRIEND ! ....yes, because you all totally care. BUT ANYWAY, JUST SAYING CUS...I'm going to use this experience as part of my story hahaha, he inspired me with his nice and friendly personality ! :D ...i'm wasting story space..but hey, i'll update a lot today so forgive me pls <3)

 

 

Yoona pov

"....no, not really, it hasn't been long. Chen."

It's been about 8 months, not even a year..maybe time passes more slowly for him. Or maybe it's me, because to me, everything that changed seemed like it happened only a few days ago.

".....you haven't changed at all Yoona, still beautiful, still so calm, only you can say that without sounding too straight forward or sarcastic."

"I'll take that as a compliment, thank you Chen. However, I have changed and I personally detest people calling me 'beautiful', I'd much rather a compliment such as  ...well...I don't know, something else."

"Well, you seemed fine when he complimented you like that, I remember he used to say it everyd---"

"As I said, I've changed. That was the past and I'd appreciate it if you move on as much as I have, we should all move on." Once again the all the attention at the table shifted towards us, that's when I realised I'm talking much too loud, I've lost myself...and I embarrassed myself infront of Luhan. He doesn't know anything and I hope...he'd stay quiet and not ask questions but that would contradict human nature of curiosity.

Before I could open my mouth to break the awkward silence and put on a facade...I hear a clear male's voice.

"Yoona, I totally forgot I still have to talk to our teacher about the extra print outs...should we go? Or I could leave first and I'll meet up with you later...or just see you tomorrow."

"No, no it's okay Luhan I'll go back with you. I need to go...home anyway"

We both slowly pushed our chairs back and stood up in sync.

"I guess ..it has been a while. It's nice to see you all, sorry for my disturbance, I'll see you guys around" I'm not too sure how many times I've done this in the past 20 minutes or so, but I put on another smile before I walked away from the table.

Only after a few steps, I stopped and leaned down to Chen and Seohyun. "I guess it really has been a while, we've all changed...maybe for the better and guys, don't worry about me so much...tell him I did what he told me to do." I straightened myself up before I continued, "It's nice catching up with you two, we really should meet up more often...just the 5 of us next time, or 6."

 

Luhan pov.

She walked infront of me as we went out the doors. I didn't hurry to catch up to her and she didn't seem to slow down for me, so I kept my distance and let her walk infront as I stared at her walking deep in thought.

Just before, she faltered. It's as though I could see a little crack forming in her built up wall but instead of standing there and staring at the crack, I felt the urge to go over and fill the crack up. Although I'm curious, I didn't want to step over a collapsed wall to see what was behind. I'd much rather...a door, a door that I could open and step through comfortably.

So I lied.

For her.

We were inside our school gates now so I finally called out to her, "Yoooooong~"

She stopped in her place and slowly turned around, "I'm so sorry Luhan, that wasn't really me, I must've gotten caught up and...I'm so sorry, I ruined our lunch."

"Wait, what? What are you talking about?" I take a few steps forward so I stood infront of her.  "Yoona, stop it. Don't feel sorry to me or to anyone, not even yourself. You didn't ruin our lunch and that was you, but look at my face Yoona, does it look like someone who's disappointed or annoyed or..anything like that?"

"....No, you seem rather indifferent. It's just that...that..I'm not like this."

"Whatever you say Im Yooooong, but just know that ..I don't really care about what happened just then. I mean, one day in the future I'm going to make you tell me but...not now"

"....Oh."

"Not now...because I made us walk all the back to school when really I didn't have to talk to the teacher at all."

 

Yoona pov.

"However, I've got a part time job I need to go to now and since...well...I'm guessing you're still free and you did say you're sorry that you 'ruined' our lunch, I'd like you to come with me. I want you to meet some of my friends there...they'll really cheer you up!"

He....he had no idea what was going on and yet he made an effort to help me. As soon as I heard his words, another smile immediately lit up on my face. That's when I noticed, to him, my smiles are usually sincere.

"....Luhan, you're the one who said I didn't have to feel sorry."

"YES, BUT you said you were...and it's not like you don't feel sorry anymore just because I said that..right? YOOOONAAAAA come with me, please!" Oh my goodness...was that...did Luhan just pout? did he just stick his bottom lip out and POUT at me?

"Oh my goodness, are you acting cute?" I smirked at him, an unusual sight from me but it felt alright to show it to him.

"So what if I am..and oh MY goodness, are you SMIRKING at me?" he asked back with his eyes popping out and mouth hanging slightly open.

His face stayed shocked for so long I couldnt keep my laugh from coming out, not my usual reserved laugh. My laugh that never fails to embarrass me and surprises those who see and hear it. They say that..it doesn't seem to match my face or my 'personality' so I like to keep it, well, hidden.

It's been a while....for me to be so carefree around someone. More surprisingly, around someone who I really am not that ...close..with.

It's nice, being like this. 

 

"Okay Luhan, but I can't go there with you I need to get something first...from Kyungsoo. I will go though, just tell me where it is and I'll meet you there later." I said after my laughter died down.

"Oh....well, it's a bit hard to explain where the place is since...how about you ask Kyungsoo to come with you? He knows where it is and he should be free later. If he isn't, just call me and I'll direct the way for you through the phone"

"...But I don't have your number. Nevermind, I'll just use Kyungsoo's phone to call you, if he can't take me"

"I can just give it to you--"

"No, that's okay Luhan, you should get going or you might be late."

 

Although it's nice...we're still not close enough yet.

Im Yoona, keep your distance...keep your stance. Don't turn yourself back...or you might break again.

 

 

(A/n this chapter took me longer than I expected...I changed it a few times as well so, hopefully it's okay ! As usual, if you have any questions or complaints or just..anything you want to say, COMMENT BELOWWW <3 )

also, just some pictures of luhan that relates to the expressions I used in this chapter, might not be as similar as what I wrote but..somewhat like that !